February Rudy Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Happy February Rudy Day (WEEKEND)! Woo Hoo!
MinnieCo... I hope that Sweet 15 Birthday Party goes well today!
Allisonmcg... did you and dd11 watch the Christmas movie yet? did you send the photos to WalMart for printing?
Hi JackFrosty! Happy Rudolph Day/Weekend!
Farmermom4... An unexpected free day! What a treat!
Halimer.... I bet that Christmas doggie is cute!
Lana... we ALL love your story about your 20-year old coworker!! How great! Keep up your good work! And... I love your company email!!!! ONLY 301 Days until Christmas 2011??????? Well.... we are keeping our Rudy Day Spirit alive... we are fine!!!
Kate 510... VERY good work!!!!! I think this is the PERFECT time to watch Christmas With The Kranks! (I would like to watch it myself, this weekend!)
Piratemamaof3boys... listening to the Glee Christmas CD was a great idea! (ESPECIALLY while you were getting exercise and building strength for the intense-Christmas-days (months) at the end of the year!
Cmerth... we love those pretty Christmas aprons!
Sweetpumpkinpye... I am with you on planning those Christmas crafts! BECAUSE>... my 9-year old granddaughter is coming for a visit in March.... and she will spend a lot of time with me. I will look for some craft kits..... things that she might enjoy doing.... and leaving here for Christmas gifts for 2011! (She won't be physically here at Christmas.)
Blue Christmas.... fabulous job for your first "official" Rudy Day!
AnnieClaus... I love that big, beautiful tree!
Colleen in Pa.... I love your plans. I am celebrating right along with you this weekend!
Luludou.... I bet that music made your lunch really nice!

Slow and steady today. I am in a contemplative mood... praying.... open for guidance....giving thanks as I go through the day, and come upon the many beautiful blessings..... A very happy way to spend some time this February Rudy Day Weekend!

Last edited:

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i watched christmas with the kranks last nite. i love that movie.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I love Christmas with The Kranks as well. I haven't bought it yet, but I will. It just makes me laugh!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Hello Christmas Lovers!

I took a load of donations to my favorite Thrift Shop today. I haven't been there since early December!!!! (Christmas and then broken leg!) I donated some Christmas books (people like us will buy them ANY time of year!) AND... some regular books. A big bag full.

Guess what I found today (since it IS half-price day!) A BENNETON two-piece knit outfit. Black/grey herringbone pattern, floor-length skirt and long-sleeved top! Thick wool, looks great on! (Cost $8 for both pieces). (Half-price day... plus they are clearing out the winter things.) THIS is a Christmas gift.... FOR ME... for next year! It is just luscious!!!!

So... this is a very good way to celebrate February Rudy Day. It is "freakishly warm" today. I saw a convertible with the top down!

After I spend some time on the computer... I am going to do more decluttering of paper. Our 2011 Decluttering Club is going strong.... over on another part of the board.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Well we made the gingerbread shamrocks and decorated them with icing and green sprinkles and DS(5) turns to me and says...aren't we going to make other kinds of cookies? LOL! We took a plate of them over to a neighbor who is recovering from a nasty fall. DS was going on and on about how we just watched Disney's Prep & Landing and It's the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown...I think our neighbor thinks I'm nuts! ;)

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
I had a busy Rudolph weekend. I did some work on my notebook. I used a manilla envelope as a template and made two large envelopes out of christmas themed scrapbook paper. They will both go in my notebook. One is to hold my 25 Days of Christmas activity note cards. The second envelope is for my secret stash of Chri$tma$ Ca$h. I worked on my 25 days, too. We usually do a mix of new activities and annual traditions. So, my list actually has closer to 35 or 40 activities. I will share the list sometime soon if anyone is interested. ( I have to pick up dd from track, so I only have a few minutes to spare.)

I also spent over an hour working on my St Patrick's Day Wreath. It is a paper wreath, made of scrapbook supplies...strips of cardstock and patterned paper, punchies, etc. It is a 3D wreath. I think it is about 75% done and the plan is to finish it tonight to get it hung by the 1st of March.

I watched 2 Christmas movies this weekend. Sundays at Tiffany's, which was a new Lifetime Christmas movie starring Alyssa Milano. It was pretty good. I also had Love Actually on the DVR and watched it again. I wore my Christmas jammies.

I found a few spare minutes to start clearing off my scrapbook desk. I uncovered a few UFOs and the mess and scraps of many completed projects. I finished a knitted candy cane ornament from Christmas 09! It only needed two more rows, cast off and finishing. Why am I such a goof? It only took a couple of minutes to finish up. :rolleyes:

Gotta run. Hoping to find a few minutes this evening to play catch up on this board.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Colleen & Candysprinkles - good for you!! you had fun and that's what counts!

Haven't been able to do anythine :( but I'll take some time during march to do it.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
candysprinkles.... I love your idea of making the envelopes out of Christmas paper.. for your notebook. And.... what a great idea to hide a stash of Christmas cash right in your Christmas Notebook!!!!!! Those Christmas movies sound like fun, too!

Colleen in PA... one of those gingerbread shamrocks sounds very tempting right about now!

Luludou.... DEFINITELY..... plan some pure Christmas enjoyment for yourself for March!

I went through MORE Christmas stuff today. I have a "backup" Christmas wreath.... that was pretty ratty. So ratty.... that I tossed it!!!

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
candysprinkles: What a great idea to make envelopes! I have tons of Christmas paper, I just might make one for my Christmas $ stash...which I too have in my notebook! LOVE this idea, thank you!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Only on a site like this would I hear of a "backup" wreath. lol

I laughed out loud when I read that and then...just for a minute...wondered WHY I didn't have one too! ;)