Gift Closet 2011

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
I did some online shopping last weekend. Boots for my future daughter-in-law and some shopping from Amazon. I think I am just about finished shopping. I ordered the Kindle Fire for my husband. It isn't available until later in the month but I think he will really like it. I have to pick up a couple more gift cards and figure out something to get my sister. I usually have several ideas for her but am coming up empty this year. Hopefully this weekend I can finish up. Then I can start wrapping!

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
Looking forward to doing some free shopping this weekend. Lots of coupons and gift cards to use, so it should be good. :) I'll post on Monday what I managed to get. Cross your fingers for me and wish me good shopping! :)

conniemac

MHH Member
Oct 20, 2007
I have one more gift to buy. A video game that gets released 11/15 and then I'm done! Everything is wrapped and ready to go to my parents next weekend where it will all be stored until Christmas! Woo Hoo!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I managed 2 get the lottery tickets to put in the stockings today and a wool hat (hockey team logo) for ds.
Sis also ordered mom a jewelry box (chosen by mom).

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Bought my 2 nieces a 2-piece outfit - gifts are done for them.
Bought 1 nephew a sweater - his gift is done too.
Bought some chocolate - stocking stuffers for ds & dd + 1 for my sister with her dvd (so she is done too).

Kate 510

Retire Member
Feb 11, 2011
Making some progress, I ordered some movies from Half.com and picked up a set of flannel sheets for my daughter. I also have a gift card coming from MySurvey.

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
I got a ton of stocking stuffers over the weekend - my DDs stocking should be done plus some old timey presents for my DS. My son's clothing gifts are all done. Plus I picked up 2 outfits and. 2 shirts for my great-nephew. And. I had a BLAST!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I am amazed at all the progress everyone has made. It is pushing me to get moving too.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I took advantage of some Hallmark coupons, rewards certificates, etc. this past weekend and got one of those stuffed animals that respond when certain phrases from their matching books are read.

I got Cooper the bear:

http://www.hallmark.com/Product/ProductDetails/1PSB2112_DK

And both of the extra books that go with him - normally would have been about $50 + tax

After tax I only spent $41 - not a huge savings - but not too bad! It was my splurge gift this year...I just really think DS is going to love it and grow with it. He loves his books!!! He loves to cuddle with his stuffed animals!!! This has got to be a hit! :)

I also ordered a couple of bath books from Amazon so I'm waiting on those to arrive.

Finally, I have a plan in the works for a surprise gift for DH. He has an old vintage poster from a car festival here in Indiana that was poorly mounted years ago and the glass covering the poster is cracked.

I'm secretly taking the whole thing to a custom framer (local business near our home) to see if he thinks he could steam it free and remount it properly. And to see what the cost would be!!! I have an appointment this Friday - wish me luck!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Got dniece (3) an outfit (shirt, skirt + leggings). it'll be either for christmas or her bday (dec 26).
Got ds a dvd for his stocking
Got myself the HP dvd + 'when Harry met sally'
Got the Christmas dvd ' Secret Santa' that the elf will deliver
Got a few more stocking stuffers for the kids.

Ordered a few things on Amazon too :)

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Camera

I found a digi camera on sale from $40 to $25 at Dollar General. Then it was free shipping. Then there was a coupon for $5 off $25. So, with tax only it was $21 something. Amen!

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
Wow - I had an AMAZING shopping weekend. Gots lots of stuff, but spent very little. I'd tell you how I did it, but then I'd have to kill you! ;)

DS: Camo wallet, Gerber tool, flashlight (he's a Boy Scout!), body wash & matching spray X2,
DD: 2 thermal LS shirts, 2 sweaters, 1 SS shirt, cute tennis shoes from AE, plus lots of goodies for her stocking - it's going to be overflowing! And undies and sets of smellygood stuff from B&BW
Dad - hankies
Mom - socks & washclothes
DBs- One got Jelly Bellys - his favorite; one got an Uncle John Bathroom reader; and still thinking for the other one!
DD's friends - bejeweled contact case, VS undies, B&BW goodies
Angel Tree baby - 2 outfits, slippers, ornament with his name on it.

Plus my family picked up some goodies for me and I got the kids' ornaments for this year.

Then this morning, I ordered my husband a really nice pot with a lid with mycokerewards.

My tree (and my heart) are going to be FULL! Now to find out when the churches will be having cantata's and plays, plan some trips to look at lights, finish my angel tree gifts and our gifts for the Operation Christmas Child. :)

Kate 510

Retire Member
Feb 11, 2011
Added to the gift closet this weekend. Found some great black friday deals at Walmart and Target, I got movies, sheet sets and a digital camera for my niece. I bought pajamas, scarfs and jeans at Old Navy, almost done just a few more things to get.