Gift Closet 2011

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Snowey

Premiere Member
I have not purchased one single gift !!! I have painted alot of things, but the shopping will wait till I am across the border as we are leaving on Nov 3o for our month long travel to the US !! I cannot wait to start shopping for sure, it will be hectic, but fun !

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
Such wonderful progress!

My knitting is progressing, slow but steady. I have almost finished the lace part of the knitted baby sweater. After I finish that part, the rest is all stockinette so just straight, fast knitting. Yesterday I dug out the wool yarn for Ethan's new hat and I want to make him some extra thick wool socks to wear like slippers around the house.

I have already purchased things for dd22 but if she does go to Japan in a couple months I may have to rethink my list.

Ethan wants the new DS game system and I am saving for that. I can't do any layaway yet as our local KMart has yet to reopen after Hurricane Irene flooded out the plaza. I'm going thru withdrawl because JoAnns is in the same plaza.

I bought my stepmother a small teapot and matching cup when we went to the Christmas Tree Shoppe last month. Now I want to knit a matching tea cozy and I will package her gift with a sampler of cookies.

I love making progress!!!
~Allison

Glenda

Retire Member
Dec 10, 2008
Virginia
I'm making progress.

I have small fabric lunch bags and a Jim Shore ornament for each of DD's teachers.

I am putting together Cupcake Decorating Kits for my DD, her friend and my niece.

I am putting together an American Girl "Let's Play School" package for my six year old niece.

I have gifts for the three younger kids in our family.

I need to come up with an idea for my DS who is 15.

Glenda

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
today 1 bought:
1 sweater for dnephew (2), dh also got him a tractor to add to his gifts. I have to check to be sure but I think I'm done with Anthony both for his bday (december5th) + Christmas
1 dvd for mom (bewitched)
1 dvd for ds
1dvd for dnephew (10)
1 extra dvd for a guy but don't know whom yet. (Shawshank redemption)
All $5 dvds at walmart

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Added a couple of toys to the closet for DS! :)

Combined store offer and manuf. q to get a really good price on a Chuck the Truck toy on Saturday.

Then DH picked up a set of foam blocks on Sunday that are really cute!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Bought 2 shirts for dnieces today... on sale $6 each (taxes included)

conniemac

MHH Member
Oct 20, 2007
I have been very productive the last few days! I finished shopping for everyone except my kids and dh. Here's what I have:
Mom - Vera Bradley purse, perfume and blanket (my daughter is making) done!
Dad - Jacket, Candy(a must!) and license plate from son's school. Done!
MIL/FIL - blanket and license plate from kids. Done!
Aunt - blanket and Candy. Done!
DD - 2 video games, perfume, 2 NCIS seasons on dvd.
DS - nothing.

All I need to get DD is 1 more video game and school sweatshirt and cash. My DS has 2 video games on his list and cash. I have to wait until they come out over the next month or so before I can finish him. My DH and I are only giving each other token gifts. We have spent a lot on the house this year. So I am almost done!!!!!

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I've been stressing and stressing over not having started gift shopping yet, and realize that I just don't have a lot to buy this year. I only buy for DBF, DD, my mom and my nephew's little girl. DD is 20 and we talked recently about how this year will be much leaner than years past. DBF and I talked about buying one thing for "us" and then maybe something small for each other with a small, maybe $25, limit. My mom gets gift cards as she is 3,000 miles away, and my nephew's DD will be 2 right after Christmas...she doesn't need a thing, so I am either sending $$ for her savings fund or I will send them a Toys R Us gift card to use for her.

I do though have to start working on stocking stuffers! That's fun!

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
I just picked up the cooking utensils I ordered from Pampered Chef for my hubby's Christmas present. I was going to put them in his stocking, but I think they will be better packaged with the new skillet I got him. :) Then I can fill his stocking with other stuff.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I made some homemade apple butter last night and canned 5 pints. One is going to my dad and one is going to hubbys dad as part of their Christmas gifts. Also made and canned some home made peach, blueberry and blackberry jam over the summer and some of them will make their way into some christmas bakets this year too.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Minta those are great gifts!

Tonight I added a small jeans jacket + a movie for dnephew 5 - his gifts are DONE! Added a dvd for dniece's gift + 1 for dd.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Minta ....YUM what great gifts

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Thanks ladies ..... Picked up a DVD for my mom tonight while I was at the mall tonight.

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
I'm hoping to get out and do some shopping today. I have an Old Navy gift card that is burning a hole in my pocket, plus a bunch of free Victoria Secret undies coupons! I really need to go through my gift closet and organize. Maybe I'll do that this afternoon - it is snowing here, so I'll put on some Christmas music or a movied and dig into that closet! Call the Mounties if I haven't posted in 3 days - I may be lost back in there! :)

JayOkie

Retire Member
Oct 19, 2007
NE Oklahoma
Minta, those will be appreciated! A couple of freezes got all the fruit in our area this last year so (sad face) I didn't get any. So enjoy twice...once for you & once for the rest of us! Sure sounds good.

christmasrocks

MHH Member
May 30, 2008
Scotland
I'm sorting through my gift closet tonight. It's a bit of a guddle. I've found a few items already that I haven't noted on my gift list. Tut tut.

I best hop back in, I'm knee deep :smilegifts:

conniemac

MHH Member
Oct 20, 2007
With the snow we had today, it really put me into the Christmas shopping mood! I won't go into detail of what I bought but I will say that except for only a few more gifts, I will be done shopping! The best part is that I am going to wrap it all next weekend because I will be making a trip home over Veteran's Day and I can take all the gifts with me and store them at my parents! That will give us so much more room in the car when we travel over Christmas. We travel with two adults, 2 teenagers and 2 little dogs plus all the luggage. Ugh! Trying to fit Christmas gifts in there is impossible. Last year I sent the presents ahead. I can avoid that expense this year! Woo Hoo! I am really getting into the Christmas spirit! :)

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i bought several glade candles and air fresheners for stocking stuffers. target has a good deal. you buy 5 you get a 5dollar gift card for next visit. then i had a2.00 coupon so i ended up paying 5.50 for 5. i have done that 3 times.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I combined a sale - a Meijer Mperks q and a toy manufacturer q a couple weeks ago to get a Chuck the Truck toy for $19.96

They are normally $30

So that was exciting!

I also ordered a really nice hooded sweatshirt for DH that is tucked away now too.

I'm planning ahead and doing some cost comparison on some other items - trying to get the best deal!