Gift Closet 2013

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Not making much progress here either. I did order the Ice age Christmas dvd last night for $2.99. It'll go in the box for the gifts for games (the smaller kids each have one gift whether they win or not).

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
I bought 2 dvds last nite for my daughter and socks for my g daughter.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I haven't done much for DS and DH but looking at my gift closet I think I might have everyone else taken care of...

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Have picked up a few things on summer clearance or here and there at random for DS:

- Star Wars Captain Rex mask - $7.49 at Meijer on clearance

- Also from Meijer clearance, a pack of two Zing Ems characters to go with a play set I bought on clearance previously at Target - the two pack was only $4.49

- Giraffes Can't Dance Board book reg price from Amazon

- Kohl's Cares Curious George Book and matching Plush - $5 each reg price

- Melissa & Doug Solar System Floor Puzzle - used Labor Day digital coupon at Meijer to get 20% off so it came to just over $11 with tax, I believe

- Two 11x11 green Lego boards - $4.99 each as Add On item from Amazon...I'll give one to him now and save the other to go with his Lego sets I nabbed from Target's toy clearance a few weeks ago :)

So between all of that and the toys I have made/will be making for him I have our little guy pretty well set!

Now I need to start working on my husband!!!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
You are all doing so well. I picked up two of the Big Joe bean chairs from WalMart for DGSs at DDIL's suggestion. Darn things are so big I don't know where I'll store them...storage shed, I guess, but I knew they would be gone if I didn't go ahead and get them because they're back to college items. I also have 3 stocking stuffers. I'm just burning the world up, I tell you! lol

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Got a spiderman t-shirt for dnephew.

For the stockings got:
deodorizers,
gum
nougat

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I've added some things to the gift "closet" :)

The amount of time I am finding for crafting is far less than I had hoped. So some of the toys I'd planned to make for DS are being replaced with purchased items. I am also planning on putting some of the toys aside for his birthday in February.

It's nice to take advantage of the holiday deals for that purpose!

Anyways, here's what I've added recently

- Imaginext Apatasaurus Dinosaur Toy - Used $5/1 MQ
- Imaginext Rescue City Center Toy - Used $5/1 MQ and $10/1 Target q to get great deal!

Craft Projects Completed that are gifts this year:

- Felt Mermaid Ornament for DSis
- Felt Gingerbread Baby Ornament for DFriend

I also completed a Felt Castle and Felt Dragon for DS a while back, can't remember if I posted it on this thread or not. Working on little peg people - painted and "dressed" in felt to be little knights and dragons to go with the set.

Time is flying!!! So much I want to do yet!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have picked up some new seasons clothes at great prices, also got DH some bits and pieces from the hardware store for his stocking. Got DS some DVDs that he wanted, so things are looking pretty good,

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
I didn't think I had much shopping at all done, but then I went through the bags in the closet, and I have a ton for DS and DD! DS is almost done; just a few more little things. DD's list is always the biggest, but not much for her, either. We buy them so much, but they are only little for a short time. Now I need to work on my in-laws and the hubby!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
stopping in to share my awesome deals. I've beeing debating getting my daughter a JoTote for her camera. It's a high priced camera bag, that looks like a purse, rather then an ugly camera bag. The problem is, they cost over $100. I just had a hard time getting myself to pay that much. Last week, I was looking around and found one on ebay that was "LIKE NEW" for $50 with shipping. I jumped on that and won!! I'm so excited to give it to her. Then I was on a roll, so I looked up something else I had been wanting to buy. It's a 90 inch stand of pearls that one of the home jewelry businesses sell, but it's pretty costly as well. Well, I made an offer on ebay and found the piece for $24. It's cool because you can wear it like 50 different ways because it's so long. My daughter is a huge fan of pearls, so I know she's going to LOVE it. We're tight on money and I'm glad that I was able to get her two larger gifts already and have that put out of the way. The camera bag alone, will make her Christmas. That's a good feeling!

I went through my gift "tote" this weekend and got every separated out from the year. I don't have a ton. Defiantly less then normal, but I do have about half of my items for my advent swap, so that's good.

At Walgreens a couple months ago, they had Iron Man mask marked down on clearance, so I picked up two for my little nephews. But when I was at Wal-Mart one day, they had little t-shirts that looked like iron man and I had to buy them. So now, they can both run around like Iron Man and play. I can't wait to get a photo of them at Christmas. My daughter plays "fight club" with them..LOL She taught them to say.."what happens in fight club, stays in fight club". They have no clue of course, but they think it's cool she plays pretend fighting and wrestling with them.

That's all the deals I can think of for now.

hollybow

Retire Member
May 19, 2008
Oh wow!!! Congratulations on your gifts...I'm very happy for you ♡
and we can read your happydance between the lines :)

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I think I'm pretty well done shopping. Dh got involved shopping on eBay and really went to town. Now I need to finish up wrapping.

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
WOW! Everyone is doing so well with their shopping.
I have almost finished with my 3 dgds.
#3: Madison loves Tinkerbell and I received a fairies playset yesterday from the Disney store. That was her last gift. #2: Hannah, loves HELLO KITTY, and I need to find her a stuffed Hello Kitty then she will be finished. Then #1: Hailey is really into MONSTER HIGH, so I just need to buy her a doll. All three girls have pjs and slippers as well as other toys in their favorite themes.
I am at a loss for Ethan... I bought him a LEGEND OF ZELDA shirt this summer but he's at the age now where he wants either electronics or cash.
I have been finding some neat things for my daughter too. She's such a nerd and I found some great things on Amazon with a Harry Potter and Game of Thrones themes. I know she'd be happy with just a box of chocolate and chai!! LOL
Good luck on further savings..to all!
-Allison

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I went through the boxes in the closet a few days ago, and realized I had a gift for DSis birthday ( a nice nightlight holder and matching drinks coasters - she will be getting a house with her DP in the next little while). I also had a couple of things for stocking stuffers for my grown up siblings (we do a stocking where we all put in something homemade or costing no more than €5, about $7, and there's a KK draw so everyone gets a stocking and a large gift). I had forgotten 2 nice pieces of clothing that we were given for DD but never got to wear - a lovely top for 3-6 month old baby, and a nice denim skirt for age 4 - well, there's a new baby girl arriving in the office before Christmas so I will get a trousers to match that top, and my 4 year old DNiece needs clothes so I'll get a top and tights to go with the skirt for her. I also have the last of the 3 taggie blankets I sewed for babies, that I will give to the new mum in the office, as I know she'll appreciate that.

And I checked through the Bride's Box for my other DBro (I gave elder DBro his at the weekend as his housewarming/Christmas present when he was home). I don't have everything, but I do have a lot of the harder ones to get (e.g. rose, pinecone, teapot, rabbit and fish). I have to go to Brussels the last working day before Christmas, so I should get the flower basket there again, and maybe the glass grapes (or consider cross stitching a fruit basket, or trying to get one from the US). I have a nice heirloom angel and a silver bird. But I need to get a nice Santa (Waterford glass have nice ones if I get them on sale). I don't want to get the house yet as I get that from a girl near here who personalizes them - and the pair have not yet set a date for a wedding, so I can't say which Christmas it will be given. They'd better not just spring it on me!!

And I'd better start another Collection - now that it looks like 1 DSis is going to get engaged next year. She won't hang around with wedding plans.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
All I have so far is a book set for DS and one on the way for DD. DS is really into the I Survived... books so I got him the set from Scholastic through DD's class. DD is really into this Fairy book set so I got her a set she doesn't have through Eli's book order. Now I have to find books for Eli too.

I ordered paracord bracelets to wear during DH's deployment but DH wants them to get those when he leaves, not wait until Christmas. I also ordered photo dog tags for each of the kids with a picture of DH on it and those will go in their stockings.

When DH starts leave in November we will be doing the Christmas shopping to get it done before our trip to Disney.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Got my sis's gift for the exchange... will probably add a small thing to it.
Need to do more online ordering today.
Got a few things for the stockings yesterday (scratch loto tickets, M & M's, and ordered more on ebay).

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Got the kids a few novelty stocking fillers at the mall this week. Chocolate advent calenders are bought now, and a few bits and pieces like jelly bean filled candy canes and christmas rubber ducks for in the tub.