Has anyone started Gift Closet 2010?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
We actually already have a few gifts. We have a knife set for DS and a nutcracker to add to his collection. I'm giving each child a copy of The Night Before Christmas book that we have, and I already have one of those for my eldest.

anybody else already adding?

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
I have some candles and beautiful Christmas candleholders for SIL, 20 Gooseberry Cook booklets for my extension homemakers. I am the County President and I give the County Officers and the local clubs Presidents and Secretaries a gift. This year it will be the booklets inside a Pot holder pocket. I am just debating whether I should make the potholders or to buy them. DH says to buy them.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I have stuff. When I finish my move I'll be able to organize it all and put it away nice and neat. I'm looking forward to that!

Pamelajane

Retire Member
Apr 19, 2008
Hertfordshire.UK.
For the first time ever i have!

I have all the teacher presents and family friend plus books for my Mum. I have also bought some hats and scarves in the sales for the Christmas Shoeboxes.

Belles

Retire Member
Okay, I'm going to admitt something that maybe I should keep to myself...YES I have gifts already (got a few things this past christmas counldn't use, didn't like) plan to regift, but hey it's gotten me off to a good start, and some really nice items. 1 set of towels (very nice) just wrong color.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Got lots of things... but most are for upcoming birthdays & easter. I do have a few for next christmas too. I have to take a new inventory... it's full!! MANY birthdays coming up.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mostly stocked up on stocking fillers such as candles, deodorants, talcs, shampoos etc. Got a few items put away and am starting to look at the after summer sales to see what bargains I can get. I am visiting US and Canada in September so I am hoping to get some great gifts then!!!!!!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I have what is left over from last year plus one or two things I've knitted since then.

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
I have a few small books for neices, and shampoos lotions, candles, and I have a camo shirt for hubby, & son. I have gloves scarfs, for nephews, and a few sets of necklaces & earrings for mom & dd... so I guess I have a start....hallelujah.. this is the first.... thanks again to my MHH family here.....lol lol
God Bless & stay warm, DawnSu

charscorner

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2010
Yes, I have started. I have a pair of fleece gloves for my husband and finished a plastic canvas cover for one of his remote controls today...more of those to go. I have purchased the fabric to make him a fleece winter scarf also. Oldest son's bin contains a tape measure and a push-pull tool for the oven. I have started to collect items for a little kit for clean up after the second son works on his truck. A couple of stocking stuffers are on hand already as well.

Sapsorrow

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2010
Well, I have a ton of homemade/recycled wrapping supplies, a bunch of fabric gift bags, craft supplies, stocking stuffers, and a few gifts, but it's a completely disorganized mess with the Easter items getting mixed in. I need some shelving and boxes!

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
I don't really have many people to buy for but I'm very happy because I'm actually almost done with everyone except dh and my 3 kids.

For my mom I have a nativity music box type ornament, 3 Christmas cd's, a wall quote that says FAMILY, some bath items and a stocking to put all the items in. I just need a gift card to one of her favorite restaurants unless I come accross something else.

So far for my Dad's stocking I have a microfiber eyeglass cleaning cloth, some plant markers for his garden, and a cd.

For niece 6, I have a few Barbie peekaboo petites and a carrying case to put them in.
Her birthday and Easter gifts are done too.

For nephew 2, (I have too much...still need to figure out when to give what) I have a big playdoh set full of different tools, two other sets to use with playdoh (bears and silly faces), a little hockey set, baseball set, football, soccer ball and a big happy face ball, a hippity hop, a handy manny tool set, a monkey bubble blower, some trucks for his sand box, a stuffed dog, and a stuffed dinosaur.

For DBIL, a tool to make onion blossoms, I will probably add some snacks or beer. We set a $10.00 gift limit with my sister and DBIL instead of stopping gifts altogether.

For my sister....I have 2 cookbooks for Christmas 2010 and silicone muffin pans in the shape of hearts, snowflakes, stars and gingerbread men for Christmas 2011.

For my friend and her family, a microwaveable ceramic hot cocoa pot with a frother tool for making real hot cocoa (I just need to add chocolate, marshmallows, cookies etc).

Pittsburgh Penguins pj's and hat for ds10

Last edited:

mrspaul

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
I have some things for 2010 also. For my dh's stocking - a pair of leather work gloves and a pair of water resistant work gloves (for snow blowing), - two pairs of thermal pants (think long john's), package of socks. For son in law I have a trivia pursuit game (he loves board games, I get him a different game every year), package of socks, two Chaps sweatshirts. For my dd a LL Bean sherpa lined sweatjacket she mentioned she liked in a sale flyer after christmas. (just got that). I also picked up some toys on clearance - generic boy/girl type toys (farm set, etc) for my daycare children - I care for five children and keep generic age toys for their birthdays and christmas.
I also make a little gift for my daycare moms - Last year I did hand creams, lip balms, shower gels in a stocking. This year I am doing christmas socks, magic stretch gloves, photo ornaments in a gift bag - those are already bought - I will put in / look for other things to put in the bags as the year/clearances come along. I have a game Candy land for my granddaughter bought on clearance that I have for next christmas, I am waiting till much, much closer for christmas for her - she is only three.

ellen

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
What wonderful things everyone has gathered!

Jinglemom -- I am glad that you mentioned "gift cards". Those are wonderful to have - actually for birthdays too! I just need to check that the ones I buy have no "expiration date" or "monthly charges" or whatever!

It is SO HELPFUL to keep our eyes open all year!!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I don't have a gift closet but I have a couple gift totes. One tote is almost full now. Have several gifts for Christmas and b-days bought.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
Yes i have some gift cards for birthdays and holdays coming. I have bought some avon products for gifts also when one hoilday ends at cracker barrel i buy on sale and save for the next. . Have bought socks and acouple swethers

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
I have started also. I have a throw for each of my kids. I got them at Dillards at the after Christmas sale. Very soft and high quality. I have pajama pants for my son and son-in-law, and a few other small things. I also have fabric purchased for some projects. My goal is to put money on Sams and Costco cards each month. We usually buy our baking supplies there and they have great holiday food too. I haven't been to Sam's since the first of the year so I better get there.
This thread is a great reminder that a little bit now will mean a whole lot in Nov. and Dec.