Hello, I am excited to be here!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DecemberisComing

Premiere Member
Jun 22, 2020
Illinois
Hello, I am so excited that I have found Magical Holiday Home! I am a holiday-enthusiast and I also love topics like clutter clearing, meal planning, freezer meals, and planning ahead in general so just from the little time that I have spent looking around here I am so happy to have such a positive space to support my endeavors. Once upon a time, I was a member of Weight Watchers and had some very bad experiences and impressions of their message boards/forums and I stayed away from all boards for too long, then I found MMC and realize that Christmas lovers are a lot more fun than dieters! LOL!!! So I will take plenty of time to acclimate myself to your universe but I can not tell you how much I am looking forward to joining in. I am in my late 40s and live in Illinois, no children. I like to cook, craft, and read. I can sew, but I am not very good at it. I am going to celebrate the halfway mark to Christmas and Christmas in July by trying to get up to speed here! I can't wait to "meet" all of you!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Welcome, DecemberisComing!

I think several of us have gone down the WW road, too. A few still do it, I think. We can and will talk about eating better sometimes, but without judgement...just celebratory encouragement! lol

Our real passion are all the things you talked about enjoying and Christmas! We have a daily chit-chat if you want to join in. We share things that go on in our day to day lives. Feel welcome to join in and post on any thread we have.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Welcome! I to am from IL near Six Flags. We are a kind and gentle people that love Christmas and sharing ideas. Jump in anytime and let us get to know you.

Reactions: DecemberisComing

DecemberisComing

Premiere Member
Jun 22, 2020
Illinois
Welcome, DecemberisComing!

I think several of us have gone down the WW road, too. A few still do it, I think. We can and will talk about eating better sometimes, but without judgement...just celebratory encouragement! lol

Our real passion are all the things you talked about enjoying and Christmas! We have a daily chit-chat if you want to join in. We share things that go on in our day to day lives. Feel welcome to join in and post on any thread we have.

Thank you, MissJane, I am already enjoying reading through the forums and threads!

I am trying to eat better and move more, and the last few months I have not been making the best choices, and I need to get back to logging my food, just not on WW!!!

DecemberisComing

Premiere Member
Jun 22, 2020
Illinois
Welcome! I to am from IL near Six Flags. We are a kind and gentle people that love Christmas and sharing ideas. Jump in anytime and let us get to know you.

Thank you for the warm welcome! I am from central Illinois, lots of corn and beans, but I enjoy the quiet nights and watching the lightning bugs!

Reactions: missjane

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Aloha and welcome! I look forward to chatting with you! Currently living in Hawaii at the moment but originally from Missouri.

DecemberisComing

Premiere Member
Jun 22, 2020
Illinois
Thank you MrsSoup! I am seeing many Miss and Mrs here for names, I hope I didn't jump the gun by choosing mine, but I love to prepare and plan so I like to remind myself that December is coming!

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Welcome to the family, DIC.

I live in east central Indiana, originally from Baltimore. I love it here, tho. Good thing, because I have lived here since I was 14. So glad that you are joining us. I look forward to time with all of our family here. I think you will, as well!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Welcome here. You will enjoy this group.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Welcome . I am a sporadic poster but these ladies always welcome me back like I never left. So much friendship here unlike so many other places.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Welcome from the Pacific Northwest! Christmas in July is coming, lots of posts will be up to give you an idea of how we all plan for and celebrate the festive season. Looking forward to having you join us.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I am seeing many Miss and Mrs here for names, I hope I didn't jump the gun by choosing mine, but I love to prepare and plan so I like to remind myself that December is coming!

Somewhere there was a post about why/how some chose their names. I guess I'm a prissy sort or give off a sense of authority around people (I was a teacher 33 years), because I've been called "Miss Jane" by people for years...it just came naturally to use that name on here. Of course, when I stumbled onto the site, I was just trying to think of a name I would remember.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
G'Day from cold Wintery Australia. Glad that you found us.