HERE - our August Rudy Day Chat - HERE

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
Happy Rudy Day Everyone. I too will not get to spend much time since it is on Wednesday and we have church tonight. But I do plan on deciding what Christmas Cookies I am going to make this year, make the shopping list for the supplies, and drink some chocolate in my Christmas Cup. And I have some past Christmas Magazines I am going to look through. That probably will be all the time I have. But at least I will be doing something.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I looked at a catalog filled with corporate Christmas cards while at work today. Does that count? I even tore out some pages for ornament painting ideas should I decide to paint ornaments again.

Last edited:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Hi all...I'm back home...skimmed through the posts but just too tired to read all details...I'll come back later and browse more.

Yes Rudolph day is VERY personal...each person must make it fit them and it does change over time. Now that I've started thinking of Rduolph Day as a day that BEGINS a month of prep it's easier to relax and just have some FUN on Rudolph Day itself...rather than thinking I have to DO something on it.

Today I played Christmas music in my office at work...all instrumental so people didn't really notice too much...lol.

I also printed out all the weekly list sheets for the Holiday Grand Plan...I decided to give it a GO another year and see if I can make more progress.....its a BIG plan so idk BUT I'm ready for Sunday!!

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
www.jeniferdwn.blogspot.com
Annie Claus -- I am a bookkeeper for our school district. I keep the books at the District Office for all 19 kitchens. That's alot of food and supplies!!! and bills to pay and it gets crazy, but I leave it all at work. I don't take it home at all other than to worry about my boss' moods. He is awful, but he's retiring after this year. I am not a neat person by nature, but I am trying very hard to teach myself and my kids to put things away as you are finished with them. Clean up your toys before you go to bed. Put clothes away after you fold them. etc. I don't want them to struggle as much as I do. I love having a neat home that people can visit without worrying about htem going in a certain room. For the past few years, my little chihuahua shedded (is that a word) really bad and he lost some of his control and I couldn't let anyone in the hall or the back part of my house because I didn't want them to smell dog. We kept all the bedrooms and living room blocked iwth baby gates. I cleaned constantly and it was probably in my mind, but I didn't want anyone to think we were not clean. Now that he has passed (RIP my little pup), I have been able to clean and open up parts of my house that have been closed for a couple of years and I'm enjoying it. Plus I want to be able to enjoy the holidays starting in a couple weeks with fall. I want the kids to have plenty of places to find their elves hiding. I never hardly sit down until bedtime cause when I do, I get sleepy. I think that's my secret. I cant be still until I'm ready for bed. Yes, i'm tired most of the time, but I'll have plenty of time to nap when the kids are older. I spend most of my free time playing with them.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Well today since the boss isn't in I took some time to search amazon mp3 to download some Christmas tunes to add to my playlist. Then I updated my to-do list. Now I think I will visit OC and read over the HHP plan. I am so ready to get this party started.