HGP interrupted

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

nursemomtothree

Retire Member
Aug 18, 2008
Tennessee
Hello everyone. Remember me? The one that is trying to move from Ohio to Florida if only her house would sell? Well, my HGP was interrupted on Sept. 11, when I got the phone call that my parents (Dad and Step mom - whom I consider my true mom since my first mom died) were in a bad car accident in Tennessee (home state). My step brother moved mountains to get them both to the trauma center and held down the fort with 2 different ICU's until I could get there two days later. My DH is out of state, so I had to arrange care for my 3 children. I got back home late last night...it was a long 7 days. My dad was transferred to a rehab center yesterday, and will be there as long at it takes to get him off the walker and able to do things for himself - he's 76. I left my mom in stable condition in ICU - she had been out, then had a complication midweek, and went back to ICU. She's stable again and my stepbrother can focus on her while hometown friends keep my dad occupied in the rehab center. He's very motivated to get better so he can help with his wife (age 65) because her rehab will me MONTHS - like she's not allowed to bear weight on either leg for 90 days - then she'll learn to walk again. She has diabetes, so that time frame is barring any complications from that.

Please offer thoughts/prayers for them both and for my brother . They all need strength and healing in one form or another.

Thanks for letting me rant. It helps to talk about it. I'll have my breakdown later today.

I'll look over my holiday notebook today, and hit the ground running tomorrow ( who am I kidding, I'll do it Monday when the kids are in school) I think the next two days are for rest and cuddling with my kids.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I am so sorry! My prayers are with you and your family !!

((from someone who had to walk those hospital halls too)) :grouphug:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
My prayers to you and your family during this recovery time.

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
Take care of yourself now, and rest with you kids for a few days..know that we all here at MHH are sending prayers for a complete recovery for your family :grouphug:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Oh my goodness, nursemomtothree! What a terrible shock for your family! Thank God for your stepbrother! This is a reminder, once again, how quickly things can change. You are doing all the right things - rushing to the aid of your family, loving your children and your husband, and keeping things on course at home. Whew! Prayers and love to you and your family!

goldenqueenalicia

Retire Member
Jul 16, 2008
Prayers for everyone
hope things work out for you as well

don't stress about the holidays keep focused on family YOURS INCLUDED
hugs
alicia

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
That's terrible, luckily your step brother was there to help out Sending prayers to you, your parents and your brother. :grouphug: You deserve a break. Make sure your kids and husband get big hugs and plenty of them. :flower:

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Oh my, what a trying time you have had, to say the least. I just echo what everyone else is saying. Be good to yourself, and take time for yourself. It's ok to have a breakdown or two or three or twenty!! When everything gets to be too much to handle, just break it down into time units you can handle. Bless your hearts....all of you. I will lift you all in prayer. It is hard, I know. Blessing to each of you!!

:bigsnow:

nursemomtothree

Retire Member
Aug 18, 2008
Tennessee
Thank you so much for all your replies. Your thoughts and prayers are so appreciated. Dad is able to make a little progress every day. Thankfully, he is fully aware of his progress which lifts his spirits. Mom was moved out of ICU last night, but still has challenges with her lungs which must be overcome soon to prevent pneumonia. She is a diabetic, and thankfully, her blood sugar levels have been controlled. God is bringing them through this. I ask for continued prayers over the next several months. My kids don't realize yet that Christmas with Grandma and Grandpa will be in a hospital type setting.

I've certainly been taking care of myself if naps count. :haha: I had one Sat. and Sun. plus two today. I think that should catch me up. I'm getting routines back in place today, and will make a list for a Super Wal-Mart run tomorrow.

Thanks again for all the responses. I feel so much better knowing that my online family is pulling for my natural family. :grouphug:

ciderjo

Retire Member
Sep 1, 2008
Rebecca, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. It is so nice to have family and friends to rely on when times get tough. Keep up a positive attitude, and hey, everyone likes a good nap, or two, or three!! :flower:

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
Thanks for the update, you and your family will certainly continue in our prayers... :flower: