HHP -Week 4 –Children’s Rooms/Bonus Room

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Update

Make stocking stuffer list and begin purchases - Got most of that done. Couple of items were out of stock.
Figure out Halloween costumes - Working on that still
Work on addressing Christmas cards - Didn't get to it

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I'm doing my bedroom this week and I did get in there yesterday and got it decluttered completely. It's not CLEAN per say, but its good to go for a good cleaning later. My hubby has so much stuff in the bedroom that didn't need to be there. I'm a stickler about making it a NO DROP zone, so I ask him patiently to do something with it and give him fair warning. THIS WEEK MY DEEP CLEAN IS IN THE BEDROOM..SOOOOOOOOOOO...and if he doesn't do it, I put it all in a grocery bag and take it to his office. We don't need work foam knee pads in our bedroom....I found a car part under the bed. Not sure what the heck that is for, but I left that there..LOL
It looks good though and all my bins under the bed are organized and cleaned out.
The closet as well. I just need to unpack my winter clothes, but I'll wait till it gets a tad colder.

nursemomtothree

Retire Member
Aug 18, 2008
Tennessee
On Saturday, I deep cleaned the family room and decorated the front yard with straw bales and pumpkins/gourds/mums. I also put a fall swag in the front door. I worked yesterday, so today I'll put the indoor fall decorations up.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Update:

This Week's Household Checklist
• Declutter, clean & organize children's rooms. - DONE.
• Bonus room /Play area this week - Needs some decluttering. DONE.

This Week's Holiday Prep Checklist
• Schedule any pre-holiday home improvements. -- IN DISCUSSIONS.
• Declutter children's toys. --- DONE.
• Start buying stocking stuffers. -- ACTIVELY LOOKING
• Decide on Halloween costumes. - One down, one to go. STILL ONE TO GO
• Design your family Advent celebrations. NOT BIG. DONE.
• Start working on Christmas cards or letters. IN PROCESS. LABELS DONE.
• Add birthdays and anniversaries to your annual calendar. DONE.

Cindylouwho's Add-Ons:
Goodwill Dropoff of all the clutter from Master & Kids Bedrooms (the pile has taken over the mudroom) POURING RAIN. GUESTS ARRIVE FRIDAY SO GOODWILL DROPOFF HAS TO HAPPEN TOMORROW. I NEED MY ENTRANCE BACK.
Fall Decor boxes back into attic. FALL STUFF IS UP, NOW BOXES CAME BACK OUT FOR HALLOWEEN STUFF. DOING TODAY.
Purchase hooks for artwork that's propped against walls ready to be hung. PURCHASED BUT ART STILL ON FLOOR.
Make decisions on winding down the garden for winter. Which shrubs to plant so they can be established by Spring? RAIN IS DOING A FINE JOB SOFTENING THE GROUND. DOES THAT COUNT?
Wrap up computer updates & online photo stuff (including upgrade to iOS8) -- DIDN'T GET TO THE UPDATES BUT WORKED SOME ON PHOTOS.