Holiday Recipe Notebook!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register
Once the hustle and bustle of the holidays are over and we are facing the January Blues, let's work on getting our Holiday Recipes sorted out and into a fabulous Notebook! I don't know about you, but I hate looking for an important recipe either to share with a friend or to make and I can't find it. And won't your friends and family be impressed when they ask for your famous <insert fabulous dish > recipe and you can say...oh yes...let me just go to my Holiday Recipe Notebook and get that for you. Now, don't go getting too organized or folks will mistake you for a Stepford Wife!

So let's work together as a group to create a Holiday Recipe Notebook.

Here's the tentative schedule:

Week of January 13th: New Years Eve/Day Recipes
Week of January 20th: Super Bowl Recipes
Week of January 27th: Mardi Gras Recipes
Week of February 3rd: Chinese New Year Recipes
Week of February 10th: Valentines Day Recipes
Week of February 17th: St. Patrick's Day Recipes
Week of February 24th: Easter Recipes
Week of March 2nd: Cinco de Mayo Recipes
Week of March 9th: Patio/Summer Party Recipes
Week of March 16th: 4th of July Recipes
Week of March 23rd: Halloween Recipes
Week of March 30th: Thanksgiving Recipes
Week of April 6th Christmas Recipes
Week of April 13thHeirloom Recipes

The plan is to share recipes but also work on setting up and organizing a Holiday Recipe Notebook.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scarlett

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
What a great idea! I have had such a hard time this fall remembering where I saw "that great recipe" for this or that. A notebook would be extremely helpful and having a buddy to get organized with will be fun. Count me in!

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
Count me in!

I have so many recipes - but very little organization to any of them.

Can't wait! :skate:

masonsmommy

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
You can count me in! I have recipes it seems in a couple of notebooks and I can't seem to find any that I need. :sleigh:

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
Great idea!

campncook

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
south Texas
YEA! We can once again have a chance to work on yet another useful notebook! I love going to my notebooks and having what I need at my fingertips! :applause:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
:hat: BUMP

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
Think this is a fantastic idea, count me in!
:frosty:

I added Heirloom Recipes to the end.

I am currently working on a Family Heirloom Recipe Book for my family. I am trying to collect favorite recipes from all of the women and make a special book that can be passed down to the future generations. I think it is so important that we pass on our recipes and skills. I don't want my grandkids to someday say...I really loved Grandma's <insert favorite food here> but she didn't give us the recipe. I think this needs a special place in our notebooks.

79 more days!!!!!!!

Iluvsantasandsnowmen

Retire Member
Oct 27, 2007
In the state of confusion still...
Everybody will think I'm Organized Barb. As someone once said to me!! And you know what my friend Said I quote :"wheere is organized Barb I want to meet her" We just Laughed!! :bigsnow:

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
That sounds fabulous! I have so many saved on my computer that it would be great to put them in one place....for generations to come. ;)

Lisa :bigsnow:

momof2boys

MHH Member
Nov 18, 2007
sounds great!!! I am in!! I have a lot of great recipies but some how i get so bored with them and always looking for new ones....especially the easy to make and kid pleasing!