Holiday Recipe Notebook!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register
The Theme for that weeks is New Year's Eve/Day so I think we will talk about our traditions and recipes for that Holiday. I know many folks celebrate with Black Eyed Peas and other foods. I always like to make Gumbo on New Year's Day but that is just a personal thing.

I don't think you will have trouble keeping up! ;) Have a great time at Disney World! Say Hi to Mickey for me!! :smile:

johnasmom

Retire Member
Dec 18, 2007
Central Michigan
This sounds great. I have been wanting to do this for so long and just don't know where to start. I am so excited that I may actually get it done!! :pink: :pink: :pink:

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
I JUST found this thread! This sounds like a great idea. Thanks for leading us onward, Connie Angela!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I think we will have a lot of fun with this one and get organized too!!!!

skynyrdfan

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern Illinois
Count me in! I have several recipies I've clipped from magazines or newspapers that need organized. I did this in '04 I believe but have a whole bunch more to deal with now.

And I have a category to think about - Mardi Gras! Which would be the week preceding Ash Wednesday - sorry I don't have a calendar handy to come up with the actual date.

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
This idea is so great! I have been going through my recipe box all week getting them ready for Christmas and making my grocery list, it will be awesome to have everything is one place, easy to get to and easy to make your shopping lists from. Count me in!
Toni

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
I'll be happy to join in this! It'll make everything so much easier! :smile:

Dec 27, 2007
What a fantastic idea! For years I have started a book but it seems togo by the wayside after awhile. By doing it with others should keep me motivated. Thanks for the :help: .

cantwait :globe:

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I don't know how many recipes I have that are worth sharing, but I can't wait to see everyone else's! :haha:

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I just thought of another possible section - what about Superbowl party recipes? It's a holiday in our family that ranks pretty close to Thanksgiving.

Just a thought...

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Super Bowl....GREAT IDEA....I'm sure Connie will be able to work those in!!!

I can't wait to see everyone's ideas and recipes....would love to post pictures of people's notebooks when done!!!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
This will be great. This year it helped to have 'last years' cookies list and meal planner as a guide for this year. I didn't have to re-think about what main dish and what side dishes to make .. it was all there. So, a recipe notebook would even be better! YEA!
::eek:rnament: :pink: ::eek:rnament:

rockin_granola

Retire Member
Dec 27, 2007
Go Colts!
www.rockingranola.com
I would like to join in, too!

Right now most of my recipes are "organized" by being loose in a file folder or still in their cookbooks or as links in my favorites on the computer. Wait. I guess that doesn't really count as organized, does it? :haha:

I'm totally into the idea of Super Bowl food, too! Especially food in BLUE (of the hopeful back to back world champion kind) LOL :D

On Sunday....

I will post some articles to read and any recipes I have for that week. Then everyone can post their ideas and recipes too.

Each week there will be a new thread.

I can't wait for Sunday!! :heartsNY: