January 2013 Rudolph day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Thought I'd start this thread early since I am working on my Rudy days throughout the year.
Here's what I have planned (don't know if all will get done) and it might get done on more than one day.

MHH Theme for January - Christmas notebook month

• Update Christmas notebook for 2013 DONE
  • Prepare a Rudy Day Notebook with a page for some art for each Rudy Day - DONE
  • Review of Christmas 2012DONE
  • Print out & update list of Christmas ornaments that each of the kids has - DONE
  • Budget 2012 - DONE.... way too expensive!
  • Think of ideas, suggestions for gifts
  • Print out 2013 Christmas master gift list
  • Print out 2013 List of 'gifts to buy throughout the year'
  • Start decluttering for Christmas 2013
  • Start looking at ideas (on Pinterest) for crafts for 2013
  • Make an art drawing in my Rudy day notebook for January
  • View movie of the month... to be determined by MHH friends

What do you have planned?

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Updated my list.
I too want to make a tree skirt this year.
Ok, so does anybody know what the movie of the month is?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
For January rudy day I too will be going through my organizer. I need to jot down my Christmas goals for the year, and where I need to change.
The 25th is a Friday of a long weekend here so I should have plenty of time to get things done

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I used some new printouts this year and didn't like them, so I'm going back to the old ones or learn how to make some myself that are specific to my wants. So this month I'll work on my journal and plan on having all my decorations packed by the 25th. Then I can celebrate with some Hot Cocoa in my new Christmas mug!

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
My Rudolph Day plans are:

Clean out notebook & update pages
Decide on stockings for 2013 (the past two years I haven't done stockings at all!!!!)
I want to start my Master Gift List & I think I'm going to go with the whole room a month cleaning thing. (Maybe.) LOL
I already know the craft I want to do for our kids, I just need to work out a few extra details for it. (Trim)
Also...I think I'm doing a gift box for LIFE'S LITTLE EMERGENCYS & have to work out the details of what is going in it. (A few items are a roll of tp, because there is nothing worse than realizing you forgot to buy some, and also a first aid kit, flashlight, a gc to the grocery store & I'm still working out other details for this.)

Last edited:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I will also be working on my notebook and 2013 lists. I might work on a new tree skirt also or might schedule that for summer. I think I'll also make a list of projects and schedule future Rudy day projects. I am still thinking about how many crafty things I want to tackle.

Snowey

Premiere Member
I plan on getting a jump start on the painting projects that have not been completed. I plan on giving these as gifts to friends and family. So really need to put all my efforts in making sure they are finished this year.

JennyMariePhoto

Retire Member
Nov 30, 2012
My Rudolph Day plans are:

Clean out notebook & update pages
Decide on stockings for 2013 (the past two years I haven't done stockings at all!!!!)
I want to start my Master Gift List & I think I'm going to go with the whole room a month cleaning thing. (Maybe.) LOL
I already know the craft I want to do for our kids, I just need to work out a few extra details for it. (Trim)
Also...I think I'm doing a gift box for LIFE'S LITTLE EMERGENCYS & have to work out the details of what is going in it. (A few items are a roll of tp, because there is nothing worse than realizing you forgot to buy some, and also a first aid kit, flashlight, a gc to the grocery store & I'm still working out other details for this.)

Love the gift box for LIFE'S LITTLE EMERGENCYS

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
I am interested to hear more about your gift box also! Sounds like a great idea. This will be a list month for me. I have lots a crafty ideas rolling around in my head that I need to pin down. My Christmas notebook also needs attention. It has grown into a canvas tote bag with two binders and a lot of random lists from prior years along with receipts, etc. I need to figure out what I am doing with my notebooks because I also have a lot of lists on my computer. I need to decide how to best use both.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
The gift box for emergencies sounds great. A few years ago I did DD a boo boo bag. It is just a zip up purse with things such as headache remedy, band aids, safety pins, lip balm, needle and thread. If she is out and gets stuck she has most things on her.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
That is a good idea, too, Katrina.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I am tackling my Christmas Notebook as well. I need to move over the 2012 pages to another binder and print out fresh sheets.

I have started to collect items for my Christmas in July boxes, so I really need to go through the large tub/box and see what I have. I actually think they might be done! (wouldn't THAT be awesome?) the one thing I haven't done is print of the HGP forms to include in the boxes.

January has been a very hectic month so far...I'm hoping things at work will calm down so I can get back to my routines and get my house back in order - we still haven't fully recovered from Christmas and several new toys still have no home in the boys' rooms! it helps just thinking about Rudy Day!!!!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Colleen - I still love the thought of a Christmas in July box...I just wonder who I can give one to...

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
This has been a crazy month for me. I will be on a beach in Mexico from the 19th to the 25th. So, I don't imagine I will get much done. I still plan to do a RACK and I definitely need to review my 2012 stuff and plan out lists and ideas for 2013. But we are double booked for Saturday. Maybe I can get a little Christmas in on Sunday.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
A beach in Mexico?? well Merry Christmas at the beach for you ;)
Have fun & enjoy

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
Reading about your tree skirts reminds me that many years ago, I took a quilting class for an intricate appliqué and quilted tree skirt. I never did finish it. Haven't seen it in years! I think I'll look for it this Rudy Day, as well as work on my notebook.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Christmasrose, it would be terrific to find the tree skirt. Lets us know if you find it.