January 2024 Decluttering

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DH just cleaned out his desk drawers and tossed some things out!!! Happy New Years to me lol
He has mentioned that this is the year to declutter! I am not going to stop him.
I tossed some old calendars and diaries, some paper work. There are a few tins that we got baked good in that need to go back to their owners.

Last edited:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I hope to get on the boat and make 2024 a good decluttering year!!!

We have an old shed that is going to get tore down and new one put up around April (on books for then) but depends on weather. Anyhoo, that shed is loaded with stuff so the guys need to get working on clearing it out. My in-laws stuff (both died in '95 in several several totes), our kids toys, and just alot of stuff in it. Hope to clear storage unit out in warmer weather (save $60 a month) and then the garage. Plus house stuff.

So, I am positive that we can all (MHH Family) accomplish it with life not throwing any of us to bad of curves!!!! So I make a toast to a "Successful 2024 Decluttering To Us ALL"!

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I too am going to work hard at decluttering. I need to stop "saving" things just in case.
I had been washing & saving jars. Then a coworker mentioned his wife washes & saves jars & he couldn't understand why. He said she had a lot of jars saved.
That prompted me to realize that I would probably NOT do the crafts I'd intended with those jars & to just get rid of them.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I had been washing & saving jars
I save jars too - not all, and some I do repurpose when I make pumpkin jam and apple butter

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DH saves jars too and I am not sure why. He would have a cupboard full of them.

I put in the pile a hairdryer attachment, 3 or 4 greeting cards, some curling ribbon and other decorative ribbons, a toy car and some hand soap and a pair of boots.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Some gift bags that have seen better days, 16 articles of clothing from .y closet and four purses.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I have a box started with DH jeans, the old but working Kuerig machine (got a new one for Christmas), and some craft booklets.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Lana- I'm with you!
We sold my parents house almost 5 years ago and I have a lot of their paperwork and just "stuff."
It's all in my home office and I want my office back!!!!

I told myself today to pick 5 books this week to take to the used book store on Saturday.
I gave my SIL a book to read and she gave it back to me when she was done. I thought, "No, Don't give it back!"
Hahhahahahaha

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I really need to get rid of my work wardrobe. On my to-do list for when I next tackle my bedroom and both closets. I retired in 2019 and even if I went back to work, it's not what I would wear anyways. May as well let it go to someone who needs business attire.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
DH added two shorts and a belt to my donation box tonight.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I dropped off my donation box at the Humane Society Thrift Shop this morning. And ... I went shopping! I got yarn, greeting cards, cat scratcher that hangs on a door knob, two t-shirts, and a cute sign for DD31's April birthday for her office ... it's a sloth hanging and it says, "Hang In There".

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I had been washing & saving jars. Then a coworker mentioned his wife washes & saves jars & he couldn't understand why. He said she had a lot of jars saved.
I had a nice jar collection going thinking I was going to use them for all types of gift giving too. Never did. I recycled them last year. However, I will save maple syrup bottles for making homemade syrups, candle jars for household storage or gift giving and the Better Than Bouillon jars for spice mixes.

This house is in great need of a good decluttering. I'm spending 15 minutes weekly decluttering one room but if I feel called to do more than a room, I will. This week's session was in the kitchen. I decluttered a drawer filled with grocery advertisements and expired coupons. I also tossed/recyled well-loved gift boxes, gift bags and gift tissue paper.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I did drop off a bag of donations that's been in my car for about 2 weeks. I call that a win... lol

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
1 8 X 10 painting I did (penguins) - sis wants it for her bday... put pictures of a few in the family FBgroup to give away and sis asked for that one.
1 old phone case
2 hair products (hated the smell)
1 body cream (did not like the smell either)
1 old trivia calendar ... will be giving it to dniece

To ds:
1 watch he had here... he can do whatever with it, don't care don't want it here ;)
1 stop watch
1 front-open frame for kids' drawings
1 small wood box - to Xavier to put his tresures in.. he was SOOO happy

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Tidied the pantry yesterday. Tossed a drink additive that DH did not care for and a few jars that had very little in them.
On to the medicine cupboard, donated one themometer and tossed some old exercise band.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Put several plastic and metal coat hangers in the recycle bin. Gave Dh four coats/jackets to sell on Marketplace. The coats were from the front door closet that I cleaned out to make room for Santa. I wrapped him in plastic and shoved him into the closet instead of attempting to get him down the stairs. So should anyone ask you where is Santa, you can honestly say he is in Diedra’s front door closet right now.