January 2024 Decluttering

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I didn't get rid of anything, but I have organized under my bathroom cabinets, jewelry, DVD's, kitchen cabinets ... just to see what's there and moved stuff around to be more efficient.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I didn't get rid of anything, but I have organized under my bathroom cabinets, jewelry, DVD's, kitchen cabinets ... just to see what's there and moved stuff around to be more efficient.
I find this very freeing, decluttering of the mind.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I've got a bag with several Christmas towels I no longer want, and a heavy duty suction-type hook that I used to use on the back of my bathroom door. Found it in the bottom drawer, far back. Not doing me any good, gotta go.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I am ruthlessly looking at all the items in my house ... The Minimal Mom's WORD!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
1 sweater to ddil

went through my office desk and got rid of papers, 2 erasers, 5 pen caps, 5 pencil stubs, some garbage bag ties, 1 bookmark, 1 work spiral notebook (full from 2021 wher I take my notes), 1 hair conditioner (stinks)

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Cleaned my laundry. Tossed some old dried up shoe polish, some old shoe laces. Tossed some spray air freshener that gives me a headache.
Still need to tidy up the linen closet.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
After reading all these post, a comment my daughter said this Christmas just popped into my head and I thought I'd share. She came downstairs to my office/crafting/family room area and said...."Wow, this is the cleanest I've seen this area in a long time." It wasn't from immediate work, but I've worked really hard the past 2 years to clean up this space and just keep it tight and nifty. Having our garage built finally, has allowed so much of my husbands "man stuff" and tools to finally be taken out of the house, that it's opened up other spaces for me to actually put things away in a designated space. It's an amazing feeling! I'm getting new floors soon in the upstairs part of my house (the main living area), so in preparation I'm packing up all the little things on top of furniture and in the closets. This is going to force me to look at things, once again, with "realtor eyes" and I'm sure I'll be parting with some more things. I've been really going full force at this purging for 2 years now, so sometimes I think I'll run out of things to purge, but it never happens. I always decide I'm ready to let something go that I wasn't before.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
DD31 is coming to visit today for the week and I asked her if she would like to do a KonMari declutter/organize my computer/craft room this week ... she said YES! :)

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
DD31 is coming to visit today for the week and I asked her if she would like to do a KonMari declutter/organize my computer/craft room this week ... she said YES!:)
Good luck!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
The church schedule has come out for the market days this year. February is household goods and kitchenware. I will spend some time going through the kitchen and donating what I don't need.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Yesterday, part of the office was decluttered. I filled two small grocery bags and tossed them.

Today I sorted through more papers from two of my binders and a drawer. I filled another bag and tossed that too. Part of those papers were recipes that I've saved. I looked at them and thought, "Yeah, there's no way I'll be making these any time soon." :D

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Yesterday, part of the office was decluttered. I filled two small grocery bags and tossed them.

Today I sorted through more papers from two of my binders and a drawer. I filled another bag and tossed that too. Part of those papers were recipes that I've saved. I looked at them and thought, "Yeah, there's no way I'll be making these any time soon." :D
I stopped saving recipes for that reason. Now when I want something new I just look it up in my cookbook or on Pinterest.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Tidied my drawers and replaced the lining paper. Tossed some old socks and knickers. Onto the wardrobe, one hoodie will go to DD, tossed a pair of shoes. Will donate a bag full of clothes, perfume, a wallet. Tossed some empty deodorant and body spray bottles.
Have plenty of undies and socks so need to buy any. Also have more than enough Winter clothes.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Linen cupboard has been done.
Donated a doona and doona cover, table cloth an old apron. Several tea towels and hand towels were tossed.
Have moved some hand towels and tea towels to the kitchen drawers and will sort through those another day.

Still need to look through and declutter recipe books.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Linen cupboard has been done.
Donated a doona and doona cover, table cloth an old apron. Several tea towels and hand towels were tossed.
Have moved some hand towels and tea towels to the kitchen drawers and will sort through those another day.

Still need to look through and declutter recipe books.
Give old towels and sheets, etc to animal shelters. I know my sister manages an animal shelter and they use alot of it when moving animals.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I started to declutter bad photos/duplicates/screen shots from my cloud photo storage. I didn't know where to start so I decided to look at only the photos for January. It starts at 2014. Ten years of January photos... :oops: Did I ever tell you that I love photography and taking pictures of everyday life and everyday objects? :rolleyes: