January Celebrate Me Days

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Okay the idea came up that we could all have a Celebrate Me Day each month on the day that would be our birthday....so for anyone who has a birthday that falls on the 1st-4th....we've missed those this month. Mine is the 15th....so every month on the 15th...it will be my Celebrate Me Day.....so when it is your birthday date this month....do something good for yourself and then pop in here and post about it!!!

itsanewme

MHH Member
Nov 18, 2007
watching Off Kilter
my day is the 13th
Its a Sunday so I start w/a day off!

Planning on putting up the red bows and decorating for Valentine's Day, reading, and ?

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Cathymac said:
Well, since my birthday is the day after Ginger's, it's the 16th. I don't know yet what I'll do...I'll think about it and get back with you!

Hey, I'm the 16th too. Count me in. I'll be back to post when I pick something. :love:

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
My birthday falls on the 6th. So I guess I need to think of something soon for celebrate me day lol.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Can't think of an idea for your "celebrate me" day each month? Check out the mini challenge thread by Twinkle...and use the mini challenge for your birth "date" celebration.

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
My Celebrate Me Day is the 12th. I have marked my calendar for the whole year.

I really want my husband to do his own guy version of this Celebrate Me day. BUT- his would be the 12th too! We might have to negotiate.

charliebrownxmas

Retire Member
Jan 6, 2008
My birthday is the 9th! I have to work, but I know my staff has something planned so that will be nice. And I am going to leave a little early, and hit Barnes and Noble for some book shopping! That is the best birthday present I could give myself!

C
\

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
GREAT...but don't forget...in 2008...you get to celebrate your birthday on the 9th of EVERY month!!!...Have a wonderful time.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Today is my day to celebrate me. Here's what I've done so far.

I haven't had a bubble bath in I don't know when. So one of my things to do for me today was take a bubble bath. Dang got in then didn't want to get out. Bet I was in there 90 minutes. So I'm squeaky clean right now lol. Waiting on my hair to dry so I can go outside. It is WARM here today.

We had decided we'd like to treat ourself to flowers and chocalates once a month. So last night got a heart shape box of chocalates & a teddy bear with beautiful red roses(my favorite flower) to enjoy today also. Plus some great smelling candles.

Sorry for rattling just feel energized at the moment. And smell good too lol

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
YES...that is exactly the point.... :jumpinghearts:
Taking care of ourselves should give us more energy....Wonderful!!!

mom24hr7dz

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Today is my birthday and I celebrated me. I got a nice Chocolate chip pancake breakfast from my son, and balloons and a decorated and cleaned house from my daughter and husband. Got to go on a nice long walk with DH on this warm day and got taken out to dinner so I didn't have to cook at all today. I also am taking a nice long hot bath tonight and reading some magazines that I have been wanting to read. I have had a great celebrate me day and birthday. I will be celebrating the 6th of every month.

Basket

Retire Member
Dec 25, 2007
Northern Germany
Mine is on the 5th. I thought about
( ) Jan - bought a learning calendar just for me
( ) Feb - buying a diary and start to write
( ) March - lending / buying a new book and read (i love to visit our library) :love:
( ) April - having a movie date with my best friend
( ) May - visiting the zoo, there are little babies - I´ll like to go and have a look
( ) June - time for vacation, picknick
( ) July - celebrate :)
( ) August - having a barbecue with friends
( ) Sept - going through the library again (sometimes I need three hours :)
( ) Oct - making a nice walk through the Indian Summer
( ) Nov - no idea yet (bubble bath, reading, cuddeling)
( ) Dec - having a look over the Christmas Market and buy a ' new ornament of the year'

Basket

Retire Member
Dec 25, 2007
Northern Germany
mom24hr7dz said:
Today is my birthday and I celebrated me. I got a nice Chocolate chip pancake breakfast from my son, and balloons and a decorated and cleaned house from my daughter and husband. Got to go on a nice long walk with DH on this warm day and got taken out to dinner so I didn't have to cook at all today. I also am taking a nice long hot bath tonight and reading some magazines that I have been wanting to read. I have had a great celebrate me day and birthday. I will be celebrating the 6th of every month.

:happybd: Have a nice day. Enjoy it. Happy birthday to you, mom24hr7dz. :lucky:

Basket

Retire Member
Dec 25, 2007
Northern Germany
sorry - posted two times

momof9

Retire Member
Dec 3, 2007
LALA Land
I love the idea of a guy's version but my Dh wouldn't do it. I am going to institute a "Celebrate Daddy Day" anyone have some ideas?

I will make his fave food and maybe get him a little gift...
When he is on the road I will deposit a little extra cash into his spending money...

Hmmmm lots to think about