January Celebrate Me Days

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Yestuday was mine and I didn't even relize the date. But then again we have alot going on right now with my stepfathers health and we have been concerned with that. I will have to make up for it on my day off next week and take a shopping trip for me. I need to find a new pair of slippers anyways.

ChristmasMissy

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Georgia
I was supposed to celebrate me yesterday with a bubble bath. Mom called me in the middle of staff meeting that my grandmother was being rushed to the hospital for seizures. She was getting her radiation treatments that morning and the nurse gave her the wrong medicine. She was supposed to get a dose in each arm of a steroid but got a dose in each arm of a pain killer! So the nurse basically overdosed her with morphine. She's stable right now, hospital gave her meds to counteract the pain meds. They are keeping an eye on her to make sure she doesn't have any other kind of reaction from this. So right now....ME day isn't important...I can worry about that later!

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I'm sorry, ChristmasMissy! I'll say a prayer for her.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
:jumpinghearts:

Love and good wishes for recovery to you and your family, Missy. And to all those who are dealing with health issues and health crisis situations.

This is one of the reasons we need our "Celebrate Me" days. We need to keep replenishing our strength and energy. We can't give to others out of an empty well. And life certainly throws things at us all.

So be sure you do get your Celebrate Me day, Missy, when things get back on an even keel. Wouldn't it be great if your Mom gave herself one too? Do we tell other people about this idea? I don't know.

Love and good wishes for recovery to you and your family, Missy. And to all those who are dealing with health issues and health crisis situations.

This is one of the reasons we need our "Celebrate Me" days. We need to keep replenishing our strength and energy. We can't give to others out of an empty well. And life certainly throws things at us all.

So be sure you do get your Celebrate Me day, Missy, when things get back on an even keel. Wouldn't it be great if your Mom gave herself one too? Do we tell other people about this idea? I don't know.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
:party: I love this idea. My birthday is the 26th and this month that day is on a Saturday (as is my real birthday 7/26/08). I can do a lot because it falls on a weekend. I have some thoughts of what I want to do. I'll have a decision made by then. :party:

emily_hope

Retire Member
Oct 12, 2007
I guess I'm back and reading this just in time. I've already had my birthday for this year... January 8th. So, now I can have a Celebrate Me Day on the 8th of every month. Thanks!!

Mishy

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Well, my birthday was on the 4th and I'm STILL celebrating! :happybd:

So far, I've had one family dinner (Chinese food -yum!), with another one in the works.
I woke up to flowers and fresh donuts on my birthday morning. DH had to get up EARLY and drive to a nearby town to get them. It was even too early for him to get any help with a fresh flower arrangement, so he found a sweet little outdoor planter with ivy, a primrose and mini daffodils. I have it outside my kitchen window so I can enjoy it everyday. :flower:
DH and I went out to see a movie (Enchanted)...in a theater...with popcorn!
DH baked me a German Chocolate cake. He uses the same recipe that my grandma used to use when she made it for me. I sliced up the leftovers and froze them so that I can treat myself to a piece on at least a few more Celebrate Me Days.
Still to come:
A birthday dinner with friends coming up tomorrow.
A dinner and toes (pedicure) date with girlfriends.
I'll be taking my celebratory bubble bath with DH this weekend. :love2:
I can't wait to see what I come up with for the 4th of next month! ;-)

pattycakes

Retire Member
Nov 4, 2007
shutterbugsmd.blogspot.com
My day is the 26th but since my DKs and dH were camping this weekend with the Scouts I decided today was my January Celebrate Me Day! It was wonderful! I got up when I felt like it, made a tasty breakfast and took a nap! Then I went shopping for any last-minute Christmas bargains I could get--got a few! and took my time looking at all the crafts in AC Moore, Michael's and Joann Fabrics. Then I had a great dinner at Outback. I came home, made myself a fleece blanket from my UFO list while watching Deck the Halls on HBO. I had my nice hot shower with new shower gel (no bathrub) and finished the evening with a bowl of ice cream.

Thanks for the inspiration!!! I wouldn't have done it without this thread!!! :party:

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Sounds like you had a great day. just for you wtg

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
good for you, pattycakes! :applause:

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I am so loving this idea, I never do anything for myself. My day is the 27th, I'll have to think of something to do just for ME! I love all of the ideas posted so far. I know this month the 27th is a Sunday so I'll have a whole day!

AmyBear

MHH Member
Dec 30, 2007
What a wonderful idea this is! Today would be my Me day, and I celebrated by finally getting some pictures and shelves hung up (we have lived here for 1 1/2 years, and only had 1 picture up, and that wasn't even hung until last month!). I also took a bubble bath tonight, and I'm going to go relax on the couch instead of trying to do way too many things before I collapse into bed.

:party:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
My day is the 14th and that is tomorrow!! I have been thinking about this all week. On Monday nights the kids have bowling in town and we are usually gone for 3 hours. Guess what!! DH is taking them and I am staying home!! As a homeschooling mom who lives in the middle of nowhere, I don't get a break from the kids very often, so this is a big deal!! I can't decide what to do - take a bath, watch a movie, read a book, take a nap. The possibilities are endless!!

"heartstrings: Melanie

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Very good! All of you seem to have it figured out!

Mishy-You go girl! You have the celebrating down to an art...I LOVE IT!!

Everyone else-good for you!! Let's work hard to keep this up all year!

My day is Wednesday and I STILL don't know what I'm going to do! Maybe lunch with a friend and a manicure! Or, I may just go window shopping at my favorite flea market and antique store! Or I might just take a nap!

Mishy

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
>My day is Wednesday and I STILL don't know what I'm going to do! Maybe lunch with a friend and a manicure! Or, I may just go window shopping at my favorite flea market and antique store! Or I might just take a nap!<

Cathymac, you could take a page out of my book and do ALL of the above!!! ;-) Remember to throw in a bubble bath for good measure. :-D