January Test it, Taste it, Rate it (Recipes)

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
Add me to the meatloaf list!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
christmascreations said:
:happynewyear: :heartsNY: :jumpinghearts:

Test it, Taste it, Rate it is explained here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1024

Okay so as we head into January we are left with a budget crunch and exhausted from all the holiday shopping and cooking. Our first temptation is to eat out but the new budget just doesn't seem to agree. Well why not bring some of your restaurant favorites to your dinner table at home (and no I am not talking take out)!!

Here are 3 HIGHLY rated "copycat" recipes over at recipezaar.

Olive Garden copycat Zuppa Toscana
http://www.recipezaar.com/38298

Boston Market Meatloaf
http://www.recipezaar.com/28927

and Carrabba's Chicken Marsala (I can't wait to try this one)
http://www.recipezaar.com/50979

If you also search keywords copycat or a restaurant's name you just might find TONS of recipes to bring those famous meals home!! PS for those of you who don't have a Carrabba's near you their bread dipping sauce is to die for and also available on the site!!! Okay ladies let's get this New Year started!!! :party: :party:

The first 2 sound yummy & simple. We will try 1 of these this month maybe both. Question tho What are Chards?

The third one not for us no-one likes mushrooms here & my granddaughter is allergic to lemons.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Will probably omit that. My family doesn't care for greens much. Thanks everyone.

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I'm going on a TTR binge this week. I just got back from the grocery and bought the ingredients to make all 3! DH goes out of town next week and I don't do much cooking when he's gone, and I definitely don't bother trying anything new with just the kids around. By the end of the weekend, I will have made all of them. Can't wait!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Boston Market Meatloaf

My family loved this recipe. I put it in the crock pot to cook, though.

tracya

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Christmascreations, I just happened to read an old post and saw that you purchased a meatloaf pan. Where did you find it? Does it come with a rack in it to keep the meatloaf from sitting in all that grease? I hate when that happens.

tracya said:
Christmascreations, I just happened to read an old post and saw that you purchased a meatloaf pan. Where did you find it? Does it come with a rack in it to keep the meatloaf from sitting in all that grease? I hate when that happens.

I found it at WalMart and it was like $5.99 I believe. It worked wonderfully and yes it is two pans, one regular loaf pan and an insert with holes that drops the grease from absorbing into your meal. I am so glad I bought it for the meatloaf recipe!!!

Lana said:
I brought a meatloaf pan at Wal-Mart this a.m. so am making the Boston Meatloaf for supper along with Oreo Salad. I LOVE springing new recipes on people.

I loved using my meatloaf pan let me know how you like that AND the meatloaf of course....lol