June declutter club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
2 bras, some VHS tapes and I think some Tshirts that I hate wearing will hit the declutter bag.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have advertised a small vanity and wardrobe on many swap/sell sites on Facebook. It is super cute but have no room for it, I hope someone picks it up.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
You are all an inspiration. My decluttering is a bit different as it's all coming out of totes that have been in storage for 1040 days (since the multiple hurricanes in 2020). We are finally moving into the new house and I am adamant about only bringing in what is necessary, what is loved and what is used and not a toothpick more. Although it's all been in climate controlled storage alot of it was hurriedly put into totes between hurricanes and the sheer dampness caused issues so out it goes. Living in a camper for 3 years really shows you how little you actually need.
So nice to hear about the move. You will need a long rest and recharge after this move.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Drum roll.....I had to find a document for my retirement package so I FINALLY attacked the box of paper in the garage. I estimate the stack of paper was about 3 feet tall if you stacked it up and now I have about four inches of paper left!! Apart from anything dated in the last seven years, tax returns all the way back to 1978 - GONE, bank statements and earnings statements from the time we were married (30 years this year) - GONE, college catalogs from various former community colleges - GONE, high school diploma folders - GONE, calendars I saved because I thought I might refer to them one day - GONE. It took six loads in the shredder to get it all shredded!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Well done Pamela, that is a lot of shredding.
I need to get the shredder from Mum and tackle some here too.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Drum roll.....I had to find a document for my retirement package so I FINALLY attacked the box of paper in the garage. I estimate the stack of paper was about 3 feet tall if you stacked it up and now I have about four inches of paper left!! Apart from anything dated in the last seven years, tax returns all the way back to 1978 - GONE, bank statements and earnings statements from the time we were married (30 years this year) - GONE, college catalogs from various former community colleges - GONE, high school diploma folders - GONE, calendars I saved because I thought I might refer to them one day - GONE. It took six loads in the shredder to get it all shredded!
Doesn't THAT feel good?!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Great job on the attack of the paper monster. I am not a catolog keeper but I certainly have all the rest of those. Shredder will get warmed up when I get the last of stepmom’s items gone.

Reactions: jampss