Luludou's boobash 3 journal

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I thought I had done quite a few things in the last 2 years and that I wouldn't have quite as much this year.

I wanted to do a HPotter party and I have made quite an extensive list of things to do for a HPotter party... but it's just too much to do to have a REAL potter party so I'll start making some stuff from that list & some other crafts too.

- Blue cornish pixies http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/features/crafts/othercrafts/cornishpixie
- Golden snitch
- Dobby head - someone gave me a styrofoam head now I need to do some papier maché
- Monster book of monsters http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/features/crafts/sewing/monsterbookjacket
- Mirror of Erised (sign to attach around mirror)
- Pink lady painting?
- Sign of platform 9 3/4
- sorting hat?
- Floating dementor (use costume from fright night)
- Fill in magic spellbook (I did cover last year)
- Weasley clock??
- The noble & most ancient house of black tapestry (maybe a poster?)
- Hogwarts school sign
- Banner for each house
- Spidernest
- Aragog??

... hmmm seem to have alot... I'll just have to do what I can.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
This is a terrific list! I love the Book of Monsters! So cute! I can't wait until my little guys are old enough for Harry Potter...I look forward to re-reading the books with the boys.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Lucie,

On the old HGP site there was a woman who painted her son's bedroom to look like the Gryffindor rooms...she painted the pink lady on the door. It looked great! I can't remember her name, (started with a J?) but maybe someone else will and you can Google it? She kept a mom's blog as well, if I recall correctly. She did some really neat things. I wish I had printed out the pictures.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'm working on the bloomers for my Raggedy Ann costume... I should be able to finish tonight. Yay, 1st thing done towards Halloween 2010 (apart from making lists, lists, lists).

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finished my skirt! (for the Halloween costume). I think that insted of making an apron (I might still change my mind), I'll just put suspenders... it would look nice too (and much less work!). Now I need to find a blouse to wear with it.. I'd love something with big round spots on it (I'll glue some on if I have to).

When I have my whole costume assembled I'll take a pic & post it. At least it's starting to advance!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Halloween sounds like such fun. We in Australia do not celebrate Halloween or Thanksgiving so I get really excited to hear of peoples plans. IN one way I am glad we don't celebrate because I don't know if I could fit it all in and still concentrate on Christmas.
I look forward to reading more of your plans as it gets closer.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I decided DH's costume is a garden gnome but I haven't found anything yet to make his costume :(

However, I was laying awake the other night wondering what to do with my old curtains (leopard print)... maybe DH can be a mix zulu / cannibal?? Wouldn't that be funny? I looked up a few pics on the net it it wouldn't take much to make the costume.

I'll be thinking about this costume....

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I don't really sew too much... just a bit for halloween 'cause it doesn't matter if things aren't straight :)

However I was a witch one year and I added a crow on my shoulder & glued snakes & frogs to my robe.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Found a Red blouse with puffed sleeves for $2.95 at the thrift store today! yay! now I will put some white polka dots on it ... probably felt. And I'll only have to find a pair of striped socks & take out the red hair wool wig & my costume will be done!!
I'm working on that this weekend for sure!!

I also found a beige cotton shirt for DS for Indiana Jones. I took short sleeve (if he wears a leather jacket over it it'll be hot enough). Just need pants and then a bullwhip. I have a hat.

:)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finished gluing my white felt polka dots on my red blouse. So all I need are suspenders and red & white striped socks & my costume is finished!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Went to the dollar store tonight & bought some black tattered fabric, some fake teeth (to make the monster book... one day I'll find fuzzy fabric) and a bracelet of miniature skulls.. in case I decide DH's costume is a zulu (or cannibal).

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Lucie - I love all of your ideas!

My DS(5) "decided" that we're going to be a Star Wars family this year...he's going to be Clone Captain Rex (yes, it actually matters to him "which" clone he is!), DS(1) will be Yoda, DH is supposed to be Darth Vader (I'll believe that when I see it) and I'm supposed to be Senator Amidala. It should be interesting!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Bought a gel spider today and a whip (for Indiana Jones).

I'm thinking.... how about a theme for the bathroom... the spider's nest... I want to make a spider nest and now with the gel spiders in the mirror and spiders everywhere with webbing everywhere... hmmm. if I don't do it this year I'll keep it in mind, but it would be good for this year. I'd need a giant spider.. I'm sure I can make one.