Luludou's boobash 3 journal

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

printersdevil

Retire Member
Sep 19, 2008
playingdishes.blogspot.com
Family Dollar and Dollar General have the HUGE black plastic trashbag material spiders for a couple of bucks.

Also, have you seen the spider coccons? I have looked at the tutorials, but never really paid a lot of attention to them. Now that I am doing a spider bathroom, I have an interest in them. Yesterday, Buzzard on the HF showed his spider bathroom photos and said that he makes the spider egg coccons out of white panty hose of knee highs. He fill them with the snow stuff that you buy for Christmas and just stuffs in some spiders and then uses webs to finish out. That sounds very simple to me. I am going to give it a try.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Great minds thing alike! yep, I want to do some spider cocoons... unfortunately I went to 3 dollars stores and no white nylons! guess it's not 'à la mode' anymore. I will try to make them with some cheesecloth instead.

I would also like to have a spider pet (in the gpd links I posted the idea), in a cage. Been lots of places but can't find a small cage... if I don't find it this year I'll look for next year but it is do cute!
http://www.annesage.com/blog/2008/10/frighteningly-simple-project-pet-spiders-lair.html

I've also seen a spider web made of all small lights attached with suction cups... now do I spring the $10 or not??

It would be great to have a 'cocoon body' too. I have a styrofoam head...and maybe I could make something out of a hanger with shoulders and put the head on it and just 'stuff a body... the problem would be hanging it.. DH does NOT want holes in the ceiling.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
It would be great to have a 'cocoon body' too. I have a styrofoam head...and maybe I could make something out of a hanger with shoulders and put the head on it and just 'stuff a body... the problem would be hanging it.. DH does NOT want holes in the ceiling.

Lucie - If you make your spider's lair in the bathroom, you can put the cocoon body in the tub...and hang a spider over the body from the shower head.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Just finished making DH's halloween costume.... zulu. I had a leopard print rug which I cut to look like an animal hide to put on his shoulders. The leopard print curtain will be his skirt. I also made pieces to put on his wrists & legs. The only thing left is to make a staff with a skullhead. It took longer than I thought. I didn't want to cut the curtain but I finally had to. It's just gonna be draped over a belt.

printersdevil

Retire Member
Sep 19, 2008
playingdishes.blogspot.com
Lucie, you amaze me with all these great ideas! I love the spider pet. I saw a small cage somewhere this week. It must have been a thrift store of Goodwill because I was in all of them a couple of times. LOL

I remember picking it up and wondering what it could be used for. I have seen the fairies put in them or the small witch fairies, but they are not my thing.

I did pick up a glitter spider web a few weeks ago that I used in the bathroom today. I looks pretty cool. I am planning to put a spider victim in my corner big tub. I haven't figured out how to make it yet. I got a lot done on the bathroom today, but of course can't do the tub until the very end.

I had picked up some webs with the suction cups at different times at thrift stores and I put them on all my framed pictures in the bathroom. I also bought a couple of string and a wire frame web for around a quarter each and I stapled them to the wall in there.

My biggest accomplishment was finding this HUGE gray spider that I bought at Walgreens last year on the day after Halloween. I hit the store that morning and people had almost wiped them out. THe manager had taken everything Halloween and marked it 90% off! I spent way too much, but grabbed up a lot. I forgot to take pics or write down what I bought. I was in heaven today as I unpacked it all from the tubs. I didn't remember most of it. THe huge hairy spider is hanging on top of my plate glass mirror between the two light fixtures. He really looks scary.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Yesterday we visited the 1st Halloween Haunt store here. It was fabulous!! LOTS of stuff there and they had a section which was a haunted house. Some things are way too expensive but it gives you ideas.

There was a spider victim $22 and some spider cocoons $8. I told DH to look carefully at the spider victim because I want one. The cocoons were just rolled spider webs with plastic spiders on it.

I bought a plastic spider which lights up with a del light. I'm still debating on getting the illuminated spider web $10.

They didn't have any cages but the owner said she hadn't received all her stuff yet. I don't have a giant spider but I want one!

Haven't started decorating yet.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Started inviting people. I have 12 to invite (maybe 2 more depends if DH wins) + us = 14.

It should be Saturday October 30th. They asked me what to bring but I'll call them back for details. Haven't determined if it's supper or just an evening with a buffet table & snacks. DH seems to prefer the later and said it would probably be less tiring for me (sometimes I have health problems and get tired more quickly).

Anyhow, this weekend will be a Halloween setup weekend.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
OK, 2nd call made to friends.
Saturday october 30th, between 7:00- 7:30. 14 people (I did not invite the couple I feel awkward with, even though DH feels guilty). Everyone will bring something & we will eat during the evening.
So next weekend, will be the last one to finalize decorations and see if all costumes are ok.

Have to think of what I'll do for the buffet
- Deviled eggs
- Bat wings
- etc...

I know one is bringing the veggies & dip. A 2nd is bringing a ham-cheeseball. The others will let me know so we don't have things in double.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Can't wait to hear all about it. Take lots of pictures.

:halloweenballoons: