Magazine Challenge

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I pulled out my pile of magazines today and there were only 9 of them. For some reason I thought there were more.

I have gone through 3 of them so far. The first one had something that I wanted, so I tore it out and put it in the file.

The other 2 had nothing I wanted and I was trying to figure out why I kept them in the first place!!

I will continue tomorrow.

How is everyone else doing?

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I pulled out my stack today as well. I went through about 5, all ready to be pass onto my neighbor or in the recycle bin. Then "real life" got in the way to hopefully tomorrow I'll finish. It usually doesn't take me too long to flip through them.

sallyj08

MHH Member
Feb 5, 2008
When going through your magazines, do you feel the need to actually read through the magazine or do you simply look at the cover, flip through, cut what you want and toss?

Annie

While going through the magazine I look for articles that jump out at me and then read the article right then and there. If there is information in that article that I want to remember, then I tear it out.

sallyj08

MHH Member
Feb 5, 2008
I am not getting through too many. There are tons of magazines around here that I really want to read through. The problem is that I'm having a reading contest with my 9 year old daughter, so I have to keep reading my books. She's right on my tail and I can't have her beat me this time! She always beats me. I used to let her beat me on purpose, but now she's a real reading machine. : )

I think maybe I have gone through/recycled about 10 magazines. And I've probably added that many back into the pile. The September issues are coming out. September is my favorite month for magazines because they are so big!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
havent' had tiem to read anything yet, but I did take them to work with me, so I have some there for down time! I"m starting a painting job today, so that's gonna take some time, but I'm telling you, I will be caught up by the end of the month!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
It's going slowly but surely.

Annie

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
www.jeniferdwn.blogspot.com
My problem is Halloween magazines. I love looking through any magazines with Halloween and fall stuff in them. I will keep them, but I've started going through the old ones and tearing out the stuff I really want. For some reason, I've never bought magazines for Chrsimtas. Iguess cause there are so many of those. I do get cooking magazines, but they are stored in one cabinet.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I've only got 2 magazines left to go through. I didn't think it would take me so long to do this.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I flip through them and if something stickes out I will read it or pull it out if it's a craft/recipe that I want. I keep them in the bathroom so, well, they get read pretty thuroughly by the time I go through the stack. Then I give it to my neighbor or take to work. Some of them at work are 3 yrs old.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Magazines are done. I only had 9 to go through, so they should be done by now!!

The last two I am keeping because I love them from cover to cover. I only kept one recipe from the other 7. I honestly don't know why I kept them.

I am going to take them to the library tomorrow and put them in the free box for someone else to enjoy.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Great work Mel!! I was full of good intentions but didn't even do 1!!! Even though I got 2 more in the mail.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
You all are doing so well! I am proud of you all! I started and finished...ONE! I have only 79 (guessing) to go. Maybe I can haul some in to work this weekend and flip through them during the down time of my 18 hour days. It might be a good diversion or it might put me to sleep! Either way, they will eventually get done but I don't think it will be by Annie's target date.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I was doing so well...I got through 8 magazines last weekend and kept what I wanted in my tear files. But I got stuck in the Milwaukee airport for HOURS yesterday and couldn't help myself...I bought two Halloween magazines! I know, I know...I'm not helping the problem especially since my september magazines are probably going to start rolling in next week! Oh well, back to the drawing board!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Don't worry, Colleen, I had two come in the mail yesterday AND I bought one!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
okay, my daughters party is going on. I can't do much of anything, so I'm thinking I should go knock out a few magazines..Just popped in my head!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
What a perfect use of time, MinnieCo! How is the party going? What type of party is it? Sorry if you talked about it in another thread...I obviously missed it if you did!

sallyj08

MHH Member
Feb 5, 2008
I've probably gone through about 20 magazines... not even a dent has been made. However, it's 20 more recycled than I would have done. It seems that I had already read through most of them. I just didn't save articles and then toss.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Great work everyone!
sallyjo08 and MinnieCo!- WOO HOO! You girls are knocking em out!

One of the things I want to start doing is jot down on the calendar what day a magazine comes in the mail and then schedule time to read it.

There is a reason I have the subscription- I actually ENJOY the magazine. So, why not make time to read it?

Annie

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
www.jeniferdwn.blogspot.com
well, I threw away my only Halloween magazine last week. thought I had more. Found 3 more in a drawer in the bathroom and didn't even looke through them since they weren't holiday issues. Just threw them out. Kinda wished I'd found at least one Halloween one!

foxpaw

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Well here it is...Aug 14th...and all my good intentions have gone out the window. I have been to several garage sales in the last two days and you will never guess what I bought the most of?!...you guessed it...MAGAZINES...but in my defense...they were only 5 or 10 cents. I got decor, MS Living and some craft ones. They are in mint condition and fairly current...some are even July copies. I guess the gal selling them is better at this than I am...lol!