May 2010 Rudy Day!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
May Rudolph Day is almost here...!!!!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I picked up "The Bishop's Wife" from the library today. I am going to watch it this weekend.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
May Rudolph Day will be Tuesday! I am going to try to sneak in some Rudy Day fun this weekend! Something relaxing...... reading a Christmas book. A light, easy-reading Christmas book. Maybe reading some threads from last year...... around Thanksgiving........ Christmas....... Halloween......

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I'm going to watch Miracle on 34th Street for the Rudolph Movie Club!!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Saturday night on May 23rd. Rudy Day will NOT be celebrated today. I am going to watch television - and do some decluttering..... trying to reach "300 Minutes of Decluttering" this weekend! And.... that decluttering is a BIG step towards a great 2010 Christmas Celebration!

But... the actual Rudy Day Fun.... I HOPE that will happen tomorrow!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
May Rudy day already. I am really excited about this one. I have bought a few more little plastic crates and I want to sort through the Christmas gifts and stocking fillers that I already have. I think I am doing OK on the stocking fillers but until I put them all together I wont know for sure. I must make sure that I have tape and gift tags ready for when the first MHH wrapping party starts. I think the first day is August 1st so I want to make sure that I am ready for that day.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
sweetpumpkinpie good job on the stocking stuffers. I find that is the one area I have the hardest time w/. It just seem that there are so many more little things for girls (nail polish, hair stuff, nail stuff.....) than boys. We have more cars and little things than we have room for. Other than candy and tooth brushes I am at a lost most of the time. LOL Maybe I can get some good ideas.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Don't forget tomorrow is the BIG day....I am going to update gift lists, write on my Rudolph Day blog, and watch Miracle on 34th Street.

And also post here at MHH!!!!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I am not sure when I am doing my Rudy day this week. I think I found the card I wnt to make and it's sort of involved so I want to be ahead on my house work so I dont feel like I am just adding to the mess around here, That way I can relax and enjoy what I am doing. I am also supposed to be meeting my friend for lunch tomorrow so that takes time out of my day. It may be on Wed. By then I should be prepared.
Hope all of you have an ejoyable Rudy day tomorrow and have some extra Christmas spirit.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Piratemamaof3boys -- i LOVE to celebrate Rudy Day when I am in the right mood! (Which is why I celebrate "mini Rudy Days" at odd times during the month.

Cmerth - good for you for working on a Christmas gift! And... reading posts, of course!

Little Elf -- I have a feeling that lots of people will be celebrating over Memorial Day Weekend too!

Happy2bme - be sure to let us know what you think of "The Bishop's Wife".

Sweetpumpkinpye -- stocking gifts really benefit from any extra attention we can give!

Gingrbug -- you were smart to line up that great movie!

I am thinking about "edging into Rudy Day".... today. Just surveying things......

On saturday, dh and I caught an interesting "holiday movie". I can't remember the title. No big stars. It was set at Thanksgiving. Three adult kids. Youngest son lives at home & is a "slacker". Middle child - daughter -- lives in town with her 8-year old daughter. Divorced last month. Oldest son has moved far away and has not been home for three years.

It was NOT a "sweet, heart-warming movie". It was a "realistic" movie. Interesting and original. On the premise that every family is unique.

Some funny things: the daughter INSISTED on having Thanksgiving dinner at her house -- "or her 8-year old daughter would be emotionally scared forever". Then - the night before Thanksgiving, the woman threw the turkey and all the food into the dumpster -- in an motional meltdown. Thanksgiving morning, the woman called her mother, and asked to be rescued. (Somehow - the mother was able to buy a pre-cooked turkey dinner at a supermarket.)

This movie was NOT about decorations or fancy food -- it WAS about families loving and accepting each other. I liked it.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
SparkleNana,

I watched The Bishop's Wife last night and loved it!!

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
HAPPY RUDY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mmmm.... I've just fed the baby and now I've got the heater on, and am enjoying my hot mint chocolate. Just about to put some Christmas Radio on to do my morning routine to :)

Today I'm going to be going through my Christmas Cookbooks (does anyone else here have a cookbook addiction??) to plan the menus for various events. For the recipes I haven't tried before I'll work out a schedule of when to test them. Won't do a master shopping list yet though... I'll wait until the official Holiday Grand Plan starts since I'll have tested all the recipes by then - might need to make changes.

Will also dig up my Christmas Notebook and check my supplies for June, and start a list of stocking stuffers to get.

I didn't end up getting Miracle on 34th Street as I never got to the video shop in the end. So it's just the Kids Christmas movies/shows today. I think It's some sort of Mickey Mouse thing, and also a Dora the Explorer Christmas DVD I've got here. Well... should keep the toddler happy while I'm doing other stuff :)

Enjoy your day everyone!!!!!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Tomorrow is gonna be too hot for Rday... 31C + humidity 42C!! we've never had that... so I'll put it off a bit I guess.

Mackiesmudder

Premiere Member
May 21, 2010
Hackettstown, NJ
This will be my first Rudy Day!! I have my post-its ready and am going to tackle the computer room/Christmas stuff room, which is my daughter's old bedroom. I think I will sort out, label and note what I have bought and for whom. I have most of the day to do that and then go to work. Can't wait to get back and read what everyone has done so that I can get some ideas.

Cathie

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Cathie I hope that you have a great first Rudy day. I have just got off work so will not be doing alot today but I will celebrate tomorrow. I have many plans including reading a christmas novel that I bought last month. Must work on getting the gift closet organized...it is a bit of a mess.

Next Rudy day is JUNE. So really must crank up a gear now.

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Hi everyone,

Just popping in to say Hi and see how you're all going. I'm almost finished my menu planning (that is for Christmas day, Secret Santa picnic, Decorating Day, Carols by Candlelight & Movie Night). Phew! That's a lot of food!! Will be asking my family to bring some things too. I'm making sure that most of the food I'm doing can be made in the days beforehand and then reheated on the day.

I've added it up and I'll have up to 16 people at my place for dinner - although it's more likely to be 14. Yeish!

Well... I'm off to do some more planning... the two girls are napping so shouldn't waste this opportunity.

Have fun everyone!

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
Happy Rudy Day everyone! Today I shall be watching a Christmas special while wearing my Christmas socks and a pair of Christmas earrings.(and other clothes too obviously!)lol! I also plan to drink lots of hot chocolate and burn a Christmas candle!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Happy May Rudolph Day on Tuesday, May 25th! remember -- celebrate when you can -- do NOT miss it - just because you can't celebrate on the actual 25th!

That said -- I AM going to be "thinking Christmas" today. I am thinking about "love" -- loving family and loving God and expressing love for other people in some of my actions. I am thinking about peace and about joy and celebration. And -- how I can try to create -- each day -- the situations and emotions that I think of as "Christmas celebrations".