My First Rudolph Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Well, I have on my red turtle neck ... it's cold today in FL, my snow flake socks, and I have our Christmas plates to eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner on! I'll do a few fun organizing of the notebook and some crafts for gifts! I will put on CD later!

How about ya'll?
:grin:

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
Congrats on your first Rudy Day! Glad you are enjoying it! I'm celebrating tonight with my niece and a couple of friends. Today I'm making a chocolate toffee torte-new recipe and we're going to have white hot chocolate, too! We're working on Christmas crafts tonight! :skate:

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Happy Rudolph Day!

Today I'm working on:

Holiday Recipes experiments
Housekeeping Flipper updates based on how housekeeping went over the holidays.
Printing new recipes and cleaning up my Christmas Notebook a bit.
Tracking down Stocking embellishment items
Post Office - Hope to buy Priority Mail boxes in the next few days so I can stuff them over the year.

I'm printing recipes and will be shopping for today (and cooking tomorrow) one of the Breakfast recipes to see if I can find an easy and yummy one for Christmas Morning. Also working on my Housekeeping Flipper so the house is looking in perfect order for the year!

Merry Christmas! :package:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I did make some Raw cookies with little son helping for lunch. Ground up almonds and sesame seeds with pureed dates and then added pumpkin pie spice, dash of sea salt and half the batch I threw in some coco powder. YUM. ::eek:rnament:

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I haven't done anything that was on my list for today yet. After dinner, the kids and I are going to watch Charlie Brown Christmas and I may work on my Christmas notebook a bit, but not sure.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'm listening to Christmas music and working on my notebook. Today I found crafts to add to the notebook (and one day I'll even try to make them!!). Checked my gifts to give list vs my gift-closet list.

Later on... hot-chocolate with marshmellows... :skate:

RosieLB

Retire Member
Jan 2, 2008
I have been thinking about Rudy Day since I got up this morning...does that count for anything?

I have guests coming in tonight (their flight arrives at 11 pm), so I have to give the (relatively clean) house a once-over when I get home from work. If I have time (as I'm sitting up, waiting for guests to arrive) I hope to finish updating my Christmas card address lists and maybe looking for ideas for crafts to try.

Slow start...thank goodness it's only January!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Well I don't feel good today so haven't done much. Did a little on my list of supplies I need to make gifts. Reading the boards for inspiration.

Not quite the way I wanted to spend this RD but the best I can do.

I'm intrigued by the housekeeping flipper too- I have a weird mental image of a dolphin in a little apron waving a duster around!!!! :huh:

Well, I didn't get as much done as I planned. I had to take my daughter to the optician, (change of appointment)- go into town to the bank to pay in an important cheque and do a spot of urgent shopping for a birthday no-one told me about until the last minute! Mind you, I did buy some gorgeous rolls of Christmas wrapping paper on sale- some red and gold flocked paper and some green paper with glitter, really nice, tasteful designs.
I got a couple of bits printed up to go in my notebook last night- and I'll be carrying on Rudy Day Part 2 today!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I didn't do much only because I have been fighting off a bug all week and worked everyday this week ontop of that. I did have to run to Save-A-Lot last night to pick up something. All thier christmas stuff is 10 cents a piece found some really cute elves, snowman, reindeer & teddybear. Brought them home and showed dd12 and she said that they would be the perfect thing to use as our elves because they are way cuter than the elves on the website.

pattycakes

Retire Member
Nov 4, 2007
shutterbugsmd.blogspot.com
:rudolph:
This is the first Rudy Day I've ever participated in and it was fun--a little extra Christmas! DKs and I watched the "Shrek the Halls" special that has been on my TiVo since it was recorded in November (no, we hadn't see it yet! :oops: ) and I watched the Grinch--also on my TiVo since then. Last night I worked on the ornaments I cross-stitched in 1996 and still haven't finished...need hangers on 2, and assembly on the other 2--they are all stitched.

I need to go shopping for supplies to finish, though--I'm almost out of the red floss, and apparently I'm short 1 piece of Fiddler's cloth to finish the last ornament. Hope they still make that! :haha:

gllatshaw

Retire Member
Jan 13, 2008
Florence, South Carolina
I wasn't able to tdo Rudy Day yesterday, so today, all day, is my first Rudy Day. I'm going to work on my Holiday Notebook, print out forms for Countdown 2008, watch the movie for this month and work on my crafts list. DS is working todsay, so the house is all mine. WooHoo. I haven't been this excited in years!

Christysue

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Yesterday did not work for me so today is my Rudy Day as well. My plan is to get my notebook ready for 2008, drink some hot chocolate and watch Borrowed Hearts while I work on my cross stitch ornament. Of course all of that will have to wait until later after DS pine car is finished and badges have sewn onto his new uniform.

ChristmasMissy

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Georgia
I didn't get my list done that I have on another thread BUT I did buy two Christmas gifts yesterday! I found 2 cute cross stitch kits that I will make and give as gifts. It has 2 bears on it and says "Your friendship is a blessing." I figure if I start them now I may actually have them done by Christmas...LOL
:package:

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I wasn't able to get anything done for Rudy Day yesterday either (didn't really expect to with everything else going on). I did however watch Pirates of the Caribbean At World's End which I hadn't seen yet! Love the Pirate movies and, although not Christmasy, at least it was something fun!

grace

Retire Member
Nov 5, 2007
Well, I'm a day late, but I think I'll sort through our received Christmas cards tonight and enter them into my received/sent notebook. :bigsnow:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I didn't get to do anything yesterday or today-once again, life got in the way! I had to attend a funeral yesterday and get groceries and get the kids at school...plus, we had sleet and freezing rain all day, so I was looking out the window most of the day, praying it would stick to the road so that we could have a "snow day". Alas, it did not. It did stay about 26 degrees all day, though.

Then today I had an all day meeting, and had regular stuff to do that didn't get done yesterday, due to the looking out hte window thing.

Oh, well. There's always next month! I really do need to take some time this next week to decide on my 08 Rudolph Day projects and get them scheduled and lists of supplies made.