My First Rudolph Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
Well, life happened this weekend and my Rudy Day was not quite as productive as I'd hoped. I did get a few things done - mostly picking up stray remnants of Christmas 2007 which were still lurking in odd corners of my house.

I'm a bit disappointed but trying not to be too hard on myself. There's still lots of Rudy Days left. Better luck in February!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Oh, the OC January Ruddy Day things to do are great! Thanks, Ginger, for posting that site. It's good to have an idea of things to pick and choose from that I could do. It's nice to not have to think for myself :grin: or reinvent the wheel when it's all done for me! Woo Hoo!
::eek:rnament:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Ladyevenstar -- January Rudy Day is a reminder - in my opinion. It's a reminder to enjoy Christmas each month. IMHO, it doesn't HAVE to be on the 25th. It is an opportunity for us --not an obligation. And if the actual 25th doesn't work one month - it is portable! Sometimes I forget about it entirely! Sometimes I "celebrate" for a week.

I love reading about people's plans for Rudolph Day. I enjoy reading about what they do. And I love feeling that I am part of a big magical group of people who really love Christmas. And - yes - it is good to get things accomplished each month. But the enjoyment is the best part for me :sleigh:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
SpakleNana...is right...life happens...sometimes I accomplish something on the actual Rudolph Day...sometimes not...but I do usually manage to squeeze in some time during the month...even if its just to look at my notebook or jot a few notes.

So don't feel like you HAVE to do something or get DISCOURAGED....because if you're like me ....that means you may just give up....can't have that...baby steps...a reminder...I have gotten through most of life with baby steps...LOL

MissyToes

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Didn't get as much done as I would have liked-but-I did pick up 2 gift cards to spend on sales for Christmas and found a cute stocking stuffer too! :party:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
A friend said to me, "Bit by Bit" ... that's how we accomplish anything. :lovestruck:

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Oh, I LOVE reading about everyone's plans! I especially love to read about people's :rudolph: FIRST Rudolph Days! :rudolph: As others have said, it's a neat feeling to know that others are celebrating and preparing right along with me.

Didn't really get to do much on the 25th. We had out of town company coming. But I did get to try a new breakfast recipe -- overnight sticky buns. I'll try to post it in the recipe section later. I also purchased several little games for stocking stuffers and cleaned out the hanging garment bag that I use to store my Christmas wrapping paper in!

But the thing I'm most excited about is that I signed up for a couple of classes: One on how to quilt (a table runner), and another on how to use my serger (it was inherited from my dear Mom, who never used it either!). I'm really excited to start making some table runners for gifts this year, and maybe sewing up the family Christmas Pajamas on the serger!
:rudolph:

How exciting is that HolidayJoy!!! It seems my Michaels is hiring teachers for their classes so the February Calendar only has the Wilton cake decorating schedule on it....acckk!!!

I love to see more Rudy day celebrants!!!