National Stay at Home Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Have you heard about this? ABC is touting this next week, September 21-27, as "National Stay at Home Week". It is, of course, their premier week for the fall season and they are wanting everyone at home, watching tv. While I certainly don't stay at home just to watch tv (well, not very often, anyway-Dancing with the Stars is an exception!!), and I don't particularly want my kids watching a bunch of tv (who am I kidding? We all watch too much in this house...), isn't that whole concept kind of nice sounding? I really like the idea of it, and using the "Every day's a holiday" attitude, I've decided I LIKE this week!

Here's their version:

ABC TV

So, what can we, as clever, creative, holiday loving, celebrate anything folks come up with to celebrate "National Stay at Home Week"?

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I certainly need this but my dd is in the hospital to have her medications adjusted. So for me this is National Go Do Things Week that I can't when my dd is along. lol

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I would love to stay at home and work on my crafts and cooking for the holidays!

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
Well, since western NC now has no gas to go along with no rain :confused: , staying at home looks good to me! I plan on more cleaning out/clearing up before the holidays and catching up on some reading, so my family can get me more books for Christmas :package:

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
I love the idea of staying home but i have to work and then my mom is in the hospital probably at least until Wednesday so i have to stop by the hospital every day. I will be home each evening and try and relax some.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Oh, I could really use a week at home - no work, no evening obligations! Sounds like a wonderful idea...now if they could just run it by my employer!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I love luludo and Kim Loves Snow theories! I am off on Thurs. (I think) and that is Rudy Day. Hopefully it will be a day to do what I want. I have big plans always but...........

Hope all who are in the hospital are doing okay.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Guys - you must go immediately to the link in the post above, for "The Hamlet". It is hilarious! I love it! :rotflol:

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
LOL cathy I like the way your mind works

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
Lana said:
I love luludo and Kim Loves Snow theories! I am off on Thurs. (I think) and that is Rudy Day. Hopefully it will be a day to do what I want. I have big plans always but...........

Hope all who are in the hospital are doing okay.

Thank you Lana! My mom had a stress test today and one other test, so hopefully we will get some results tomorrow or the next day. I know my mom is sure ready to come home from the hospital, lol. She is on oxygen and had a breathing treatment today, after the treatment, the tech hooked an oxygen line up, but it was the wrong line, so my poor mom's breathing was labored until she realized the wrong line was hooked up, ugh!!!

starflake

Retire Member
Jan 10, 2008
I'm looking forward to Thursday night, when Ugly Betty comes back on. I'll probably catch it online on the weekend or so, but I'll toast to that. :flower:

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Cathy, your plans are way better than what I was thinking. I've decided to work every night at my parttime job for the double-time. I'll have to celebrate Stay at Home Week another week.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Kim Loves Snow said:
Oh, I could really use a week at home - no work, no evening obligations! Sounds like a wonderful idea...now if they could just run it by my employer!

That would really be loverly....if the employers would agree. I think, tho, it is called vacation. There is no way I will get any extended time off soon, because of the stock market, Wall Street, and the economy. :frown: Makes me sad.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Cathy love your plans. I wish I could have a stay at home week but no go. Kids need to be here there and everywhere. But mom gets to watch lots of football and cheerleading. As of right now ds's team is in playoffs so lots more of football to come. Cheerleading is done Oct. 18th which is their compition day.