November 2011 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Hi everybody! Do you have Halloween things to declutter?

Dh insists that we get the leftover Halloween candy Out The Door ASAP!!!

And.... all the outdoor decorations need to be gathered up.... and looked at.... to see which ones are just "too beat up" to last for another year. Then.... they go into the attic. It's a big project.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have a Halloween rug for the door, two stuffed tiny witches, a pumpkin dish and one pumpkin for Halloween. It all fits into one tote. The pumpkin's face will get turned around to face the wall and will now be a fall decoration.

I have four 12x12 pictures on the wall that have Halloween pictures in them. I need to make four layouts for Thanksgiving this week to replace the Halloween ones. Then each month I'll make new layouts for them. By next year I'll have enough layouts to change each month.

pictures on the wall here:
http://magicalholidayhome.com/forum/album.php?albumid=42&pictureid=454

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Only declutering I have going on is not getting anything we don't need or love to put in the new house.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
No Halloween stuff to declutter...mine is all still in storage! No leftover candy either...bought one bag and it's gone (only a handful of trick-or-treaters here).

I've got some serious filing for DBF to do this week...I told him I will gather it all up, get it sorted and organized and then he'll go through it and decide where it needs to go.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Got rid of only 1 tiny Halloween decoration, and ah yes 1 pumpkin lights which some bigger kids destroyed last night.

No candy to get rid of.

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
Actually, I ended up discovering that I decluttered quite a bit of my Halloween decor last year. Some of it was rather beat up. Of course, I had initially forgotten this and was running around looking all over for it. Well, that will make putting away that much easier and I just may be on the lookout for a few new things for next year.

As far as candy, I'm afraid more than is good for me will be decluttered right into my stomach. LOL

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
November 2nd, Wednesday. We are REALLY into the Magical Holiday Season now! Three weeks until the American Thanksgiving. Less than two months until Christmas 2011! Such a wonderful time of year!

Yesterday, I got more than half of the outside Halloween decorations taken down. In addition to the rest of the Halloween things... I will begin to bring in the cushions for the outside furniture. All the cushions will need to dry out... inside the heated house. And then... be wrapped up and stored in the attic.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I gave away a bag of old Halloween costumes, and some decorations that I no longer use.

I plan doing the same as I unpack for Christmas - over the years, too much stuff.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Fun!

Ahorsesoul ... THAT was fun! Thanks!

:turkey2:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
November 3rd, Thursday. "Outside" Decluttering... continues. It is a nice sunny day and it will be a pleasure to be outside! There are still lots of outdoor cushions... to be cleaned off and brought inside! And... the orange Halloween lights are outside. Although I do leave the clear sparkling lights up all year (hidden in the bushes).... I bring the Halloween lights inside... for some unknown reason.

Then.... a supply of black trash bags is needed, for storage. And... blue tape to mark the bags with the outdoor cushions. And... orange marking tape... for the Halloween bags.

And the final step.... will be roping some young person.... into hoisting all the bags into the attic... to wait for 2012 fun times!!!!

ALSO.... today is the day that we put the trash cans and recycling containers at the curb. THAT is always an incentive for me.... to get a few more things Out The Door!

Last edited:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
ALSO.... today is the day that we put the trash cans and recycling containers at the curb. THAT is always an incentive for me.... to get a few more things Out The Door!

Our trash/recycle day is Thursday, too! Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!

:turkey2:

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Our trash day is Tuesday and DH missed it (doctor's appt). Funny what an emotional blow that missing trash day can do to a person obsessed with getting rid of stuff. :)

You guys are motivating me. I'm going into town today and I'm trying to get back on track so that every time I drive by the charity dropoff I leave something there.

Here's to a house of Zen!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Oh!

Our trash day is Tuesday and DH missed it (doctor's appt). Funny what an emotional blow that missing trash day can do to a person obsessed with getting rid of stuff. :)

One week we missed it too ... forget why ... but it was so weird filling up and up the can and really counting the days till the next trash day! Wondering if it would get too full. Ack! Funny!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have a Trash Day message in my yahoo calendar the day before so I get an email to remind me. I am thinking I should put in an alarm on dh phone so he is reminded too. I need to do this with our recycle pick up.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
November 4th, Friday.

Today.... my goal is to stay at home ALL DAY..... and declutter and rest. Declutter and rest. Like that.

It is a NICE day. There is a lot of decluttering to do outside. Well.... I DO consider the "outside space" to be the most fun part of my home. So.... I am going to count work there as decluttering. It sure can get "cluttered"!!!!!

Last edited:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Lol

I do have some Nuns singing but I would love to find a "Singing Nun" figurine.

Ok, I'm silly and I'm slow! LOL I wrote "singing" nun. Do you know like the next day or so it hit me that what I wanted to write was "flying" nun! Wow, where's my ginko!