November 2011 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Whew!

Well, with DS8 feeling sickish (sore throat, achy), we sat in his room and I went through every shelf, piles of books, toys, box, etc. Yea!! He sat on the bed in PJ's and I tossed things his way ... saying, "How about this? Can it go to a new home?"

And, yes, we really really got two boxes and a trash bag to give away at our Christmas Swap!

His room looks great. There is a floor in there! LOL

:rudolph:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Nice job with decluttering his room. Good use of time not feeling well. I'm sure he'd rather be playing than cleaning his room once he feels better.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Thanks!

Nice job with decluttering his room. Good use of time not feeling well. I'm sure he'd rather be playing than cleaning his room once he feels better.

Thanks! Dad was impressed and praise DS8 who beamed!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Great job...kids rooms are soooo hard!

I'm still qworking my way through the office but hope to get more done this week....going to sort the gift closet too....so I'll have a better idea of whats in there...LOL

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
My area for November is the toy room. It's going well - currently it's empty LOL!

We're getting new floor coverings put down, so while I'm waiting for that to happen (booked for December 1st - unfortunately I couldn't get the install during November, but it's close enough) I'm planning the storage.

The hard part will be deciding what stays and what goes. My younger daughter is just out growing all the baby toys, so it will mainly be those.

Have you ever noticed that once you decide to give a toy away the kids can't get enough of it!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
November 14th, Monday. People are doing GREAT work this month!

Today... I take my trash bag... and my "put this elsewhere" box.... and spend at least 15 minutes in each room. Decluttering as I organize. Then.... an hour working outside.... which is just pure pleasure.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I need to start another bag for the thrift store. Hopefully I won't find much there today. lol

I'm working on the Scrappin Studio still. I have project boxes lined up on the LR sofa. If you want to sit down you have to more a box. Hope no company comes for the next few days. I have my monthly dinner this Friday so it's good reason to keep pushing on.

I love to ready about the progress people are making with decluttering. Don't give up just because the task seems overwhelming. Soon all those tiny decluttered spaces will turn into a whole decluttered room.

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
I actually got rid of a huge pile of papers from my sewing table. It had things torn from magazines, old (as in OLD) receipts, notes to myself, old catalogs, etc. It felt so good to get rid of that, not that I don't have plenty more, so I'm going to get off of here and get busy!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Got new filing cabinets and have been trying to get rid of many of the files as I transfer them. Painful. Getting closer and closer to breaking out the manual for the high speed scanner.

Took another load to the charity drop though. That one was out of DDs room mostly.

DS and friends tore apart my recently organized attic and made forts out of the suitcases and duffle bags. Gotta love boys!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
CLW and CR, you both are doing a great job.

That day playing forts in the attic will probably be told as a story to their grandchildren.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
November 17th, Thursday. I was just wondering..... how much "stuff" will arrive in my home this Christmas.... that will be "clutter". That is NOT a very festive thought! My family doesn't give each other "clutter" anymore. Gift cards to stores that we individually adore. Something that we really need.... and have said so.... when a loved one asked what we really really wanted.

A special meal... with everyone bringing food and/or drinks to share.

My beloved cousin does... give pretty gifts of clutter. And... I enjoy them for a while.... and then pass them on... usually, to my favorite thrift shop. (Last year... she gave me a BEAUTIFUL scarf and matching knit hat. THAT... I am keeping and using! She has wonderful taste!)

"Toys" for the kids... I do NOT consider those to be "clutter". They are necessities for growing minds and spirits!

Keeping clutter under control is sort of like "keeping your weight" under control. A couple of weeks ago... dh and I had lunch at a new restaurant that people had been raving about! They had just one menu... for both lunch and dinner. Dh and I had a small salad with oil & vinegar (delish!)... and a sandwich each. (We have stopped having bread in the house... so the sandwich roll tasted like heaven!)

Sitting right next to us was a woman MY age. She had TWO canes... to help her walk. And she was extremely large. We chatted pleasantly about the food.... the tables were close. The woman said that she came to the restaurant often. She began her lunch with a large bowl of broccoli-cheddar soup. (Also delish, I am sure). Then she moved on.... to a luscious plate of short-ribs in gravy, a heaping tower of mashed potatoes.. and I guess there was a vegetable. Her food looked wonderful.... and she assured us that it WAS wonderful. But... she had so very many calories at that one meal!

Now.... I would have loved to have had her meal! Just like I would love to have MORE and MORE pretty things in my (small) house. It is my choice to say.... no. A sad choice. But.... I do NOT want to live with the results of having "too much".

Looking forward to Jumpstart January..... and our 2012 Declutter Club!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Well said Sparklenana...

I am finding with age and this decluttering kick that I really want less and less. It's really easy to say no to things....not because I HAVE to but because I WANT to....I still have much to declutter around this old place....

:clothes:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
November 30th, Wednesday. The LAST day of November 2011.

As you know.... we are celebrating OUR family's Christmas over these few days.... since ds#1.... is in town for business.

AND... it is so much easier.... to celebrate the way.... that fits our CURRENT stages of life! "Easier".... without the "pressures" to celebrate Christmas in a particular way.

Our nuclear family... we are all adults now. We don't need or want gifts (although we will exchange small, token gifts on the real Christmas Day.) What is PRECIOUS to us.... now... is to spend time together.

Last night... our daughter's three little boys.... and their two loving uncles with them. It was so perfect for dh and I.... and for dd & dsil.... to see their boys getting individual attention and great love..... from their uncles (who are dd's brothers).

Both of the uncles.... appreciate each of the boys... respecting them as individuals.

DD order take-out food. We used paper plates. And it was as magnificent a feast.... as I have ever experienced. Everyone.... was wrapped in love!

And THAT was the precious gift that we all received last night.