October 2021 declutter club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Went through DS books yesterday 4 or 5 will be donated, 2 will go to DB. When we can organise it a box or 2 will be posted to DS.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Got rid of old artificial tree stand, paint pan, wire shelf and brackets, old heater. Still trying to dry out old cans of paint. We also emptied a rusting from the bottom metal cabinet. When DS get a chance to help take it out we will get rid of that too. It was here when we moved in 24 years ago.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Seven more long sleeved shirts added to go to the consignment shop. Got A LOT of new dish towels at the house warming, so older ones will be going to the church. Just need to go through them.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
The small desk in my dining room is now tidy. Threw out a lot of old pens and pencils, note papers and such.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Some paper plates, unwanted decor and some cheese spreaders have been added to the pile. I am still hanging on to "entertaining" items. If they are not used over this Summer then they can go. We rarely entertain large groups anymore.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
About maybe close to a third done in laundry room. Have thrown out old cleaners and some I just don't use, tubes of flea medicine for cats (haven't had for about 7 yrs.-inside), have some of swifter pads laid out to ask Jaymee about.

Found several light bulbs all through out cabinets and the garden gloves--probably 7 to 9 new pairs. And several packages of the Affresh washer cleaning tablets. At the time this is the only room that I am doing cleaning behind doors.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
About maybe close to a third done in laundry room. Have thrown out old cleaners and some I just don't use, tubes of flea medicine for cats (haven't had for about 7 yrs.-inside), have some of swifter pads laid out to ask Jaymee about.

Found several light bulbs all through out cabinets and the garden gloves--probably 7 to 9 new pairs. And several packages of the Affresh washer cleaning tablets. At the time this is the only room that I am doing cleaning behind doors.
I threw away a lot of that kind of stuff when we moved last year. I need to do a re-do and see what we have/haven't used since we moved into the house. So easy to just stash laundry room/cleaning stuff and never touch it again. Out of sight, out of mind...

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I have two bags of clothing and miscellaneous "stuff". One more bag and I'll summon the Vietnam Vets.

Suggested to DH that he part with T-shirts showing trucks he doesn't own. Before he could say they were "work shirts" I reminded him that he doesn't work anymore.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have donated 2 pairs of lovely dress pants, 2 cardigans and 4 work blouses. I am now required to wear a uniform to work so will no longer need some of the things in my wardrobe.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
A pair of pj's and 2 t-shirts.

Still debating about a pair of pants.

And a pair of ripped socks went into the trash

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
DH went through several things and has a small pile that he will offer to his friend - or his friend's son - whoever is the right size.

2 ugly dish towels