Quick and Simple Christmas in July Projects

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I want to have fun during CIJ but I also wnat to feel like I've accomplished a bit of something!

So here's a quick and easy list of ideas where you can accomplish a bit of something during the month! Pick one or two and you will be ahead of the game by the end of JULY....

1. Update stocking stuffer list
2. Buy some stocking stuffers
3. Clean out your Christmas notebook
4. Update card addresses
5. Create a Christmas 2011 Recipe file for this years recipes only!
6. Buy supplies if you are making cards
7. Create one scrapbook page Christmas themed so you have it all ready for some 2011 pics
8. Plan decor for each room (theme or colors, jot down notes)
9. Declutter ONE box of Christmas!
10. Organize movies/music
11. Update master gift list
12. Buy one gift!
13. Do a gift wrap inventory....organize paper, bows, etc. BUY TAPE now!
14. Party planning....calendar, paper and ideas....jot them down!

PLEASE add some quick and simple ideas to my list....we can all find one or two things to do!!

******Here's one JUST for ME....get posts lined up for the MHH homepage and Rudolph.com.....then date them so they publish automatically for the rest of 2011...YEAH...that's a big one so we will see....!!! <3

:rudolph:

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Ahhhh.... yes... TAPE!!

I've been known to rummage through my daughter's activity sticker books, for stickers to hold wrapping paper down :)

I will add...

15. Jot down guest list for Christmas dinners/events & find out about any allergies or dietery requirements (vegetarian etc)

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I LOVE THIS IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a wonderful and HELPFUL idea, Gingerbug!!!!! Thank You!!!!!!

16. Decide what you will do with Christmas cards that you receive! Will you tape them around a doorway? Use a purchased card-display system? Put them in a basket? Whatever you decide.... get what you need for the display!!

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Great ideas!

17. Plan family photo for Christmas Cards

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Just printed that list for my reference!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Sarah - I like the idea about the stickers:)

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
18. Make an Ornament
19. Try to do something from your list that you aim to do every Christmas, but never get it done during the holidays.
20. Try a new holiday recipe

For me, a couple I never get to is to make cookies using my cookie press and cinnamon dough ornaments. They are the first things I have planned for CIJ.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I've never, ever used a cookie press. Had one when I was younger, but never used one. Sounds fun for sure. Fancy cookies in general, I never make at Christmas. I'm a bread girl, so I don't have to do "batches" of anything. Maybe I should try some cookies too!

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
20. Try a new holiday recipe

I have a few recipes I want to try - this will be the time to do it!

Also, since they're "prepare ahead" recipes, I'm going to see how well they do hold up when made the day before, or the morning before they are needed :)

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Good idea Lana....I did that very early last year, so this year I'll even check earlier!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Add to 22 check baking soda and baking powder expiration date

Jinglewhale

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
Texas
I love these ideas! Thanks for sharing. OF course, you must watch a Christmas movie and listen to Christmas music!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
23. Check towels and bed linens. These go on sale in august for kids going to college...if you need more, now may be a good time to buy.
24. Buy one extra package of paper towels and toilet paper this month for the extra used during the holidays....maybe foil, Saran wrap, parchment paper, and ziploc bags, too. Now, put it away securely, and don't be tempted to use it in a pinch before the holidays!

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
So many great ideas!!

Add to 22 check baking soda and baking powder expiration date

How long does baking soda and baking powder normally last?? I've put mine in Tupperware containers, so they've been there since December (I overstocked for my big baking plans). I forgot to note the dates though...

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I picked up baking soda this week, it's good until May 17, 2012. My baking powder I've had since last fall, it's good until Sept 2011.

Basket

Retire Member
Dec 25, 2007
Northern Germany
Thanks for the reminder ;) There are again awesome ideas

25. make some christmas cards and prepare the envelopes
26. buy preserving jars for lanters for decoupage technique, decor or marmelade (as host favors)
27. buy frames for pictures / make and develope pictures

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I'm going to say...fill old dated photo frames or holiday frames. I buy them, but fail to put photos in during the holidays. So this July, I'd like to get my favorites developed and actaully put in those frames the ornaments that hold pictures too!