Quick and Simple Christmas in July Projects

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
That's really, really pretty and cute!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Great thread, with some great ideas...

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Sarah, on baking powder, the "best-if-used-by" date is usually printed on the bottom of the can. On baking soda, on the top or side of the box.
You can also test both. For baking powder, mix 1 tsp. with about 1/2 cup water. If it fizzes, it's still good. For baking soda, use vinegar or lemon juice instead of water...same reaction...if it fizzes, it's good.

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Thank you AHorseSoul and MissJane!!

Good to know :)

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia

happyalice

MHH Member
Oct 16, 2007
Ooooh I love this! I wonder where you can find 24 matchboxes...that's not something I have a lot of. Or an alternative to that?

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Alice, most grocery stores sell the small matchbox matches, as well as Walmart, Target, etc. I've forgotten how many come in a bundle...I think maybe 8. They should be near the large boxes of matches.

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
oh my!! I love this!! Can't wait to make some.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
Terrific list and ideas!
I originally planned for my Family Dinner Day to be Christmas in July, but at the last minute changed the date to the 3rd and it will be patriotic themed instead.
(Everyone was assigned a shirt color to wear: red, white, or blue.) There will be a flag in the background of our picture and we'll be holding little flags.
Dinner will be typical 4th of July-ish fare of burgers, dogs, and salads. I haven't thought as far as dessert yet, but I better get on that! LOL

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Item #16 reminded me of this...

28. Make gift tags using old christmas cards.

It's something I meant to do last year, but just never got around to it. So, it's something I'd like to do early. I'm also out of gift tags and probably won't see any christmassy ones I like in time for our first wrapping party!!

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Also, inspired by item #10 on the list so far...

29. Using the music you have already, make CD's specifically for the car, during dinner, for dancing to etc.

I find that a purchased CD often has a variety of styles (ballads, upbeat etc) and it's nice to sort the tracks and make your own mix.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Sarah, your comment about making gift tags reminded me that I was going to do the same thing. Thank you! Now if I can only find where I stashed the cards I intend to use! lol

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Sarah, your comment about making gift tags reminded me that I was going to do the same thing. Thank you! Now if I can only find where I stashed the cards I intend to use! lol

No worries!! I actually got the idea from someone else here - I can't remember who though unfortunately...

I keep my cards in a plastic sleeve at the back of my notebook (with the previous Christmas review). It's great though, since gift tags are such a pain to buy, and it's hard to find ones I really like.

Where possible, I'm going to give gifts to a person with the tag made from the card they gave me. It will be interesting to see how many people recognise it!!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Sarah, that's a neat idea to use their personal card.

I was at Dollar General last week. They have the small boxes of matches for those wanting to do the advent calendar using them. They were under $2. I think I counted 12 in a package...so only need 2 of them.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
DH threw out last year's cards last week (grr!) so I must do something else for tags this year.

30. Print out the calendar for this year's HGP, HHP or Christmas Countdown (whichever you are doing) and any other printable sheets you need to replace.

I am actually doing that this morning as it was the first thing I thought of when I opened the thread!!

There's some great ideas here though!!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
DH threw out last year's cards last week (grr!) so I must do something else for tags this year.

30. Print out the calendar for this year's HGP, HHP or Christmas Countdown (whichever you are doing) and any other printable sheets you need to replace.

I am actually doing that this morning as it was the first thing I thought of when I opened the thread!!

There's some great ideas here though!!

What are HGP and HHP?