Reading Day- Jan 5th!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
How fun!

My sister gifted me with one of her old kindles last year so I have all her books and I get any new ones since it is still "hers". Lots of women detective series on there Sparklenana, lol. I love those! And January 5th is my sister's birthday so that sounds like a good day to read her books.

I have to pace myself reading because I'll read round the clock and not do anything else. So a day to feel that I'm allowed to read sounds great.

I'm in the middle of Sue Grafton's W book, and I'm in the middle of the high heeled amateur sleuth series too. There are a bunch of James Patterson, Harlan Coben, and other series too. My sister will read a book, and if she likes the character ends up downloading many or all the books in the series.

I have lots to read and I haven't had time since vacation in October so I'm trying to get back to it.

One of my favorite memories was the Christmas I got a light blue beanbag chair and a bunch of Nancy Drew mysteries. I can still see myself up in my bedroom sitting in the beanbag, reading my new books, with a plate of Christmas cookies and a cup of tea. That was pretty much heaven to me right then, lol.

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Robin, when I was a child, my perfect day was sitting in my reading chair and devouring the latest Nancy Drew, Trixie Belden or my all time favorite Enid Blyton book. Nothing better. Your beanbag, cup of tea, book day sounds perfect too.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
After reading about everybodys word for 2014 and I am still thinking--I just went and pulled out a book I brought several years ago called 12,000 Inspirational Quotations. A treasury of spiritual insights and practical wisdom. So I will read it at times today and get reading in and hopefully find my word. 2 in 1 isn't bad!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm reading Good in Bed today. Which sounds like a good book to read while cuddled up in bed with the heating blanket on high.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I'm reading The Cupcake Diaries: Sweet on You by Darlene Panzera. And i'm going to look through my new PW cookbook too.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
It's here! It's here!

The day that I've had in the back of my mind- waiting for, wishing for!

Yay!

My plans:

* Log 2 books that I've read into my reading journal.

* Read my novel, A Reliable Wife.

* Look through my new PW cookbook. It's a through the year cookbook, so thinking it will give some ideas for some get togethers in 2014.

* Flip through some magazines- get rid of!

* Picked up a new book at Joel Osteen written by his sister. It looks pretty good! I want to look through it. It's called: You are made for More.

I am loving this day- a grown up version of Sugarplum and sweetpumpkinpye's girlhood days!!!

Annie

Last edited:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
ME TOO! This is a wonderful day -- for us!!

Ahorsesoul…. I have read "Good in Bed". It is readable and fun. I think that it was a pretty successful book (lots of sales).

I have lots of books to choose from today. But first…. I went to the grocery store. (Whipped cream was on sale…. 2 for the price of 1). Got tomato soup and broccoli/cheese soup….. and stuff for making sandwiches. I spent some extra time… picking up things that we don't get week after week!!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Hope you all have fun catching up with your reading. With the weather as bad as it is, it sounds like the perfect day for it.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I am, now…. "officially"…. reading…. on our Reading Day!!!!!

I am reading a novel…. "Love Thy Neighbor". (It is FREE, today, on Amazon.) It is a well-written, fast-paced, fun-to-read, "page-turner". To add to the pleasure of reading…. I just saw a TV-weather-report…. on the horribly-cold, arctic air….. spreading over the UDSA. (NOW….. they are predicting HALF of the USA will be covered with this incredible cold….. by Wednesday.)

Of course…. the danger is: loss of power. The fewer people that lose power….. the better!!!!!

Also… I have a sore throat today. The virus that dh has…. started that way. I am using rest, hot soup, oscillacoxin and "the power of positive thinking"…. to fight ff that dreaded virus! Back to reading!

Last edited:

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
SparkleNana- Mind that cold! Your plan to keep it at bay sounds great!

This may be reading/napping day. I was reading and dozed off for a bit!

Ok- Back to it!

Annie

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I have been reading the thriller-novel, "Love Thy Neighbor"…. for several hours. It IS good…. but I am ready to stop reading it…. for the day. (Book Hint: it is about a "threat to US national security").

I'm glad that I got to the grocery store, today, before I started to feel sick. I probably will not be able to stay awake to watch Downton Abbey. Dh said that he would record it.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I read for a little bit and then fell asleep for more than a little bit.

I will read some more this evening.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I went to Amazon and downloaded that book SN. Thanks for the info.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Finished Good in Bed now to start SN's book.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I finished the book I was reading last night. I had no idea that it was so short, under 100 pages. I also started another book when I went to bed.