September 2014, Declutter thread

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Last stretch before Christmas... the 'ber' months are here. Let's get cracking! :)

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I am working in my bedroom today so far and I have a box of outdated sales books for recycling and also a bag of trash started. Hoping to spend a lot of time in there today BUT......I do need to work on a sewing project that needs done.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I did some unplanned decluttering today. Went to put my folding away and ended up going through my drawers and cupboard. Got two huge garbage bags out the door, and to the charity bin. That feels good.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I have plans to continue major decluttering at home across the month. I managed to throw out some outdated foods on Monday night - about 1 grocery bag full (including an unopened jar of sauce that was best before sometime in 2010 - it may have still been ok to use, but we so rarely use that flavor anymore it was not worth keeping it any longer).

I also brought 3 large tubs of things from the house to the storage unit on Monday, so making space at home.

Today, I have also thrown out a large black sack of paperwork at work and another half sack of reports that are outdated so not needed anymore. It might not be at home, but I do spend 8-10 hours a day cooped up in this space so I ought to make the effort here too.

I'm also pleased with just how much I got sent out the door over the past month, so hoping that I can continue the momentum now.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I did not get all the decluttering I wanted done in August so I'll start again this month. I do have a box in the kitchen waiting for the thrift store. It could go today.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I'm going to join in this month and say my back patio. Its pretty bad right now. I've got a small storage bin and shelf type thing I have a bunch of stuff on. Looks sloppy, so I need to get it picked up.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
made one box to take to goodwill today feels good to get stuff out of spare bedroom .

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I found a few hot spots while deep-cleaning the basement that I need to consider for the decluttering and of course paper-work is an ongoing one!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I got a piece of yard ornament moved out tonight!!! The alero we got for Jaymee when she was 16 finally gave out about a year ago and had been sitting in the side yard. Needed a new fuel pump and something with a window but would be more than car was worth so ..... It was a red 4 door 2000 and the body was really good yet had over 218,000. Anyhoo, I had Allen call tonight and one guy wasn't buying aleros anymore--said he had no calls for parts and he called another guy and he was here within the hour and had it gone within 2 hours of the call! Got alittle $$ too!

Sorry for the long post and I know it isn't inside clutter but sure was a piece of outside clutter!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I dragged home two trash bags from DS's house. LC3 will look it over Monday to see if her DS would like any of the clothes. Then the rest will go to the thrift store. Not exactly mine but it's something decluttered.

DS moved half his house into a storage unit since he is trying to sell his Condo. It looks really nice. Makes me want to declutter my house.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Does fridge decluttering count? I tossed a ton load of stuff that was just old and taking up way to much space!

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I got through the home office. I'm glad as I had a whole years worth of paperwork that needed sorting, cleaning and filing. I now have space to actually work and plan Christmas.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Michelle, of course fridge decluttering counts. I am going to go through my wallet today and toss any loyalty cards I don't use and any receipts that have been jammed in there.

Will also deep clean my dining room today, I am not sure if there is much in there to be rid of but if there is it is gone.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Spring-cleaned basement bathroom, threw out a bag of products and got rid of old towels (turned into rags for the garage).

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
Have been decluttering in basement for weeks, & am finally done. Getting ready for my yard sale. So we will c . after this weekend. I am taking things to mission store. Am not packing all back home, like always... NO WAY....
DID change out clothes in grandbabies drawers, last week, before I ended with this stupid sinus infection going on. Haven't done much of a thing in the last 3-4 days, but try to breathe...
Good luck everyone on what ever it may b ur doing...

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I sorted through my craft cupboard yesterday and have tossed a few things. I also have gotten a few things that I will place in the charity bi. A friend of mine has little ones, so I have packed up a bag of bits and pieces for her. Still alot in the craft cupboard, and I really need to start working on some projects. At this stage it is just a collection of supplies.

Will move onto the linen cupboard today and see what I might find lurking in there.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
So I put my back patio on my declutter list for the month..right...well my husband went and busted the glass on our sliding glass door with the weed wacker and a rock. So now, it's a definite job, because that broken glass has all fallen inside the door well and such, which is in back of all that stuff!! So as soon as I get back from my fun the next week, it is a must do job!