September 2020 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Added a few more things to the "don't want" box as I continue to put things away at the new house.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Hi everyone -- A pile of all things Middle School is going out the door from DS's room. Some of these are books and are being split between Friends of the Library and some of the little streetlamp libraries that have popped up in people's yards around town during the pandemic. That's been kinda fun.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I went through another pile of papers. Filed the ones to keep and tossed the rest. I also went through the summer clothes. I have three items that have seen their day. I have one more pile of stuff to deal with this week. :)

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Yesterday Ryan and I took Jaymee a metal trash can and a hose on a reel from my mom and then a tractor rim she wanted for a fire pit that Ryan got at work. So all is out of the yard.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
What do you all do with electronics that no longer work...printers, laptops, etc? I think, at one time, Best Buy would take those. I suppose I should call and ask....

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Around here they usually have 3 or 4 times a year in different towns a recycling event where you can go go and take stuff. Last one for the year was this past Saturday in my tons. Didn’t take anything and I know we had stuff to go. Old phones printers etc.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have taken electronics to Best Buy but that was years ago. Our local small town computer fix it shop takes items.

homemade4me

MHH Member
Jun 30, 2020
San Diego County
I recently saw on the Goodwill website they will take electronics, working or not....maybe other thrift stores do that too? Our town has a drop off day at the city yard for electronics....and before that I also had taken items to Best Buy.....

Laurie

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Thanks, everyone. I'll write a note in my planner to do some checking around about it. I, ashamedly, admit when we were moving, I threw away an old wireless phone set....was just so tired of being bothered with moving it around out of the way.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I organized some seed packets and got them put away with the other gardening items. Isn't out of the house, but is where it should be housed.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul