Summer reads

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

angel-love

Retire Member
Jan 10, 2008
I get Debbie Macomber's newsletter also. Cedar Cove Christmas is being re-released sometime this year. I missed it the first time around and haven't been able to find it. I'm really looking forward to it. Along with book 10 in the series! I can honestly say I have never read one of her books that I haven't loved. I love her Christmas Angel books as well!

After a too long reading hiatus I’ve gotten back into the print of things somewhat this year. One of the series I recently discovered is by the late William W, Johnstone. The name of the series is Code Name:_____. I’ve read the first one, Codename: Payback. The rest are certainly in my Summer/Beach vaction reading list.

Code Name series - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_W._Johnstone#Code_Name_series

1. Code Name: Payback (2000)
2. Code Name: Survival (2000)
3. Code Name: Death (2001)
4. Code Name: Coldfire (2002)
5. Code Name: Quickstrike (2003)
6. Code Name: Extreme Prejudice (2004)
7. Code Name: Kill Zone (2005)

www.williamjohnstone.net

foxpaw

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I recently finished THE SUMMER HIDEAWAY of the Lakeshore Chronicles by susan Wiggs. I recommend it highly.

I also saw, on an earlier thread, about the book KEEPSAKE CRIMES by Laura Childs of the Scrapbook Mysteries. It was a quick and easy read and I loved the references to scrapbooking. I am now reading the 2nd in that series, PHOTO FINISHED. These are light and enjoyable reading for the summer.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Recently i've finished two Charlaine Harris books and Evil at Heart by Chelsea Cain. Right now i'm reading Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee. Next i'll start on a Debbie Macomber.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I got 2 Debbi Macomber books the other day. Summer on Blossom Street and, a little So this is Christmas or something like that. I also have Return to Blossom Street on Disk but it isn't copying well in iTunes so may be returning it.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I just finished re-reading Rose Daughter by Robin McKinley - it is a retelling of the story of Beauty and the Beast - very good!

I've just started the latest book by my absolute fav author of all time - Guy Gavriel Kay - it is called Under Heaven and I'm already hooked after only 20 pages.

I only have a few minutes a day to read right now - what with the baby and all - so that will help me not rush through reading it too fast! I want to savour every word!

:)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Since everyone seems to like Debbi Macomber I bought 1 book today for $1 at the thrift store. When I get to it I'll let you know how I like it.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I finished "The Villa" by Nora Roberts and enjoyed it very much. I am now reading "The Holiday Quilt" by Jennifer Chiaverini. She has a whole series of continuing quilting stories and this is the second one I have read. I am enjoying it but the first one I read was set in the 1800's and this one is set in modern times. Will see how I go with it.