The Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I'm not sure exactly yet how the Declutter Club will work..all I know is that almost every room in my house needs some decluttering...AND it is always an ongoing process....seems as soon as I get an area decluttered...it starts to accumulate stuff again....

I have been doing pretty good using MOVE IT OUT MONDAY....where the goal is to get rid of one bag, box, or large item EVERY Monday...so that will be part of the Declutter Club plus some other goals....

You are cordially invited to make 2011....a decluttering adventure....so please join the declutter club!

MERRY CHRISTMAS and see you afterwards for some decluttering adventures!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Ginger, I've been doing it for about 4 years now. Each room, over and over again and it never, never ends it seems. HOWEVER, if you keep going and are honest with yourself about what you use and dont' use, you will eventually get to a point where you walk in a room and say....I don't have anything to toss this go around. That happened with me earlier in the year, in my kitchen, and I was ESTATIC. Every extra dish, lid, glass, pan and gadget I didn't need was gone. It's been about 6 months since that happened and I know there is stuff to toss. I didn't get the HGP done this go around, but after the new year when it starts again, I'll go through it, room by room.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
I need this DESPERATELY! I'm in.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I am in too!!

I have no problem with getting rid of stuff, unfortunately, DH and the kids do.

Hopefully, I can either get them on board or get rid of stuff without them noticing.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I am SO in on this and I'm bringing DH along for the ride!!!!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Count me in!

Funny you should mention this.
I've been thinking a lot about house cleaning/projects in 2011.

My plan that I came up with:

I want to take the HGP plan- start with the 1st area and get it done- every single thing, then move to the next area/room on the plan. It may take 2 hours to do one area where as another area may take 2 weeks.

But I want things COMPLETE before moving on to the next one.

And, like MinnieCo said- It's an ongoing process, so once I get done with the list- I'll start right back over again at the top. And hopefully, I'll have a "MinnieCo" moment where I'll go- "Everything is good here." And, I'll take that week off! :)

Annie

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I so need this club...

Snowey

Premiere Member
I'm in also, I do not have much clutter, but some old papers and such that DH has had since before we were married, Ill be taking care of that on my first day off in the new year when he is at work ! LOL

foxpaw

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Definitely I am in...been thinking about this for a while...gotta get moving on it!

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
I am totally in! I have lived here 12 years this May, longest I have ever lived anywhere in my life, because of that I have stuff! Plus I cleaned out my storage unit of boxes of stuff my grandma left me which is now in my basement. Everything needs cleaned and decluttered. Can't wait to start!

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
My male pack rats are driving me crazy - how do they accumulate so much?

Looking forward to it!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
How did ingerbug know... that this idea is just what we all need!!!!!!

A Declutter Club.... fo 2011!!!! SO GOOD!!!!!!!

It makes me happy just to think about it! We can encourage and inspire each other!!!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I would love to join in on this.

I think I would like to approach in a way kinda like Annie. Do one room and finish it completely! I would like to move EVERYTHING out and completely clean or redo floors or carpet where needed, wash from top to bottom and repaint anything needed or fixed. Also, that way all will be gone thru. We put new windows in a few years back and still haven't finished them out on the inside.

Wonder how far I will get with this plan?!?

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Lana.... the way you suggested IS the absolutely BEST way to clean/declutter a room! Here is the problem for me..... where do you put all the stuff you take OUT of the room? My home is small... with small rooms. I think WHEN all the rooms are fairly well decluttered..... THEN it might be possible to empty a room.... and put the stuff somewhere else, without going crazy! But... it seems pretty impossible now.... sadly.......

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'll start thinking of things I need to declutter
- books
- magazines
- kids' closets
- clothes

more ideas?

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
My rules for decluttering:
1. Do I love it
2. Do I use it
3. Do I really want to clean and maintain it
If not it goes to bless someone else.

I try to do this with everything in my house. I have very little boxed up in storage other than Holiday items and some items waiting for some shelves to be built. It sure makes cleaning a lot easier.

I did a major decluttering years ago and have been able to keep my clutter down. I still have items I can declutter so I'm going for it.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Me too! Me too!

Debbie

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I'm in! I've been decluttering for the past 2 years (after a big complicated move). I swear the stuff breeds! I think I've gotten to the point of being obsessive about it and I still have more to go. Would LOVE to have some buddies! Can't wait!