Valentine's Day!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
is 6 weeks from today! It falls on a Sunday this year.

Looking ahead what do you have brewing to do this Valentine's Day?

I didn't get my big list of holiday cards sent out this year. I am going to try to send out Valentine's cards with a pic of my kids this year.

I also think I am going to make a "Cupid's Stocking" for my DD4. I am going to make it out of pink felt and then rubber stamp, emboss and cut out a bunch of hearts or lips and keep in a jar or basket nearby. Then when I catch her doing something loving I will give her a "kiss" or heart to put in the stocking.

My hubby and I don't really make a big deal about Valentine's (just cards to each other) and we will be going to a concert on Jan 28th so that will be our to-do.

I think for the valentine's for my kids (dd really) to make this year I am going to chose between these 2.
Flamingos- http://www.nwf.org/kidzone/kzPage.cfm?siteId=3&departmentId=78&articleId=1427
or mice http://www.kinderart.com/seasons/val9.shtml

What about you?

momof9

Retire Member
Dec 3, 2007
LALA Land
Yesterday was the first day of my Valentine Countdown but I am going to tackle it today since I was down with a migraine!

To DO this week
[ ] Make the promise abd spend 15 minutes every day to get ready for Valentine's Day
[ ] Set up my notebook
[ ] Start a master gift list
[ ] Edit Christmas card list for Valentine's Day
[ ] have children choose their card designs

To Buy
[ ] Supplies for cards

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Pixiestick - The stocking is a cute idea! I don't do a lot for Valentine's day. The boys are 10 & 12 and I'll usually put a little gift and a small box of chocolate at their breakfast plate. It will be fun to see what others are planning to do!

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
We don't do a big Vday here. I will buy DH a card, gift certificate for deep tissue massage, and we will likely have dinner in. I told him all I want is for him to download my list of songs to my mp3 player.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
We usually do something special for Valentine's Day. Last year, we went away for the weekend and it was fabulous! I don't know what will happen this year because of the house stuff. If we're home, we'll probably have heart shaped pizzas with the kids. I'll make them each up a heart shaped basket and fill it with candies, a book or DVD, and some little things for dd like socks and jewelry.

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I'd like to make fancy iced sugar cookies for Valentines Day like I do for Christmas.

printersdevil

Retire Member
Sep 19, 2008
playingdishes.blogspot.com
Hmm...six weeks????

I have quite a bit of Valentine's Day decor that I put out and I usually do a couple of tablescapes for VD. Since I have had the girls, I haven't really taken time to "do" my tables and I miss it. I need to get back to this FOR ME.

I also just realized that I need to come up with some fun things for the girls. Now you have given me a new project. I also need to work on a VD notebook. I have all the dividers and pages printed out. I just need to get things organized and print out some photos from last year.

Off, to plan...

I came back to add: We will celebrate our 37th anniversary on Feb. 10, so I usually do one of the tablescape and a special dinner just for the two of us.

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hmm...six weeks????

I have quite a bit of Valentine's Day decor that I put out and I usually do a couple of tablescapes for VD. Since I have had the girls, I haven't really taken time to "do" my tables and I miss it. I need to get back to this FOR ME.

You are very right. You do need to get back to it for you. Your girls need to grow up seeing you enjoy yourself and to share your enjoyment of holidays. I hope you'll share some details about the decor you have. :)

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I love reading all the different ways the MHH community will be celebrating VD. Feb 9th is my DGD birthday so we'll be working on bday party plan too. For VD will get chocolate's, card and a tote with a few little things in it.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I'm debating taking DH and DD to the Aquarium for dinner or staying home and having sea food. We haven't had crab or lobster in FOREVER. If we do stay home, I'll come up with a tablescape as well. Usually try a differnet theme each year. I've got a card idea I'd like to try. I also found a recipe for CUPID CRUNCH that I'm going to make up for my coworkers and friends. It's a Sandra Lee recipe I think and she offers free printouts to add to it. VERY CUTE! Other then that, we exchange a gift, but nothing HUGE. I ask that he doesn't buy me flowers this time a year or candy. Just way over prices and NOT worth it. I know someone women LIVE for Valentines day,but I'm not one of them. I do buy a gift for my BF, becuase it's her absolutely FAVORITE holiday. She's all about love, hearts, romance and the dream!!! I like love..all year long I tell her!

momof9

Retire Member
Dec 3, 2007
LALA Land
Update:

[X] Make the promise and spend 15 minutes every day to get ready for Valentine's Day
[X] Set up my notebook
[/] Start a master gift list
[/] Edit Christmas card list for Valentine's Day
[ ] have children choose their card designs

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
We don't make too big a fuss of Valentine's Day especially as it is my DH's birthday. We tend to focus on that. We give each other cards and I pick up whatever the kids need for their school celebrations. I hope to be able to go out on some kind of date night with some of the gift cards we've received for Christmas but it will probably be on a different night.

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
So- I was at my nearby HomeGoods/TJ Maxx tonight and I found some cute little felt bags for only $2.99. I bought 2 of them after thinking I probably couldn't make them for that. They had several sizes, styles and shapes.

SO now all I have to do is find my lips stamp and stamp out the "kisses"!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
DH and I don't make a big deal out of V Day...we usually try to go out to dinner the weekend before or after, but never on the actual day. For the boys, I will give small gifts (left over from my stocking stuffer purchases) and probably make heart shaped pancakes. No candy!

I must admit that although it's not a "big deal" in our house, our kitchen and living room are completely decked out for the holiday (mostly at the insistence of my 4yo)!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
MinnieCo- Is there a link or can you provide the recipe for the cupid crunch? This sounds like something fun for me to give to co-workers.

Annie

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Colleen in PA- Thanks!

I guess I could have done that too- HA HA!

I think the craisins would be an excellent substitute. Plus, you get the red in there for some Valentine cheer!

Annie

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
You guys are brilliant...Craisins make sense! Now to buy the items and get it done!