Valentine's Day!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

scrapbookmommy

Retire Member
Oct 18, 2007
I think this year I'm going to give my oldest DS and his girlfriend a gift together. I think I'll do some candy and a gift card to the movies. Not sure what I will give my DD or youngest DS yet. I have planned out my menu though. Since it falls on Sunday this year I wanted to go all out on a family Vday dinner. So I'm fixing marinated grilled shrimp, steak, baked potatos, salad and for dessert white chocolate rasberry cheesecake. Might fix some chocolate covered strawberries too. DH and I don't like to go out and eat on Valentines Day because everything is always so crowded. So just going to spend a quiet evening at home with the family. It will be nice for the kids because it's a three day weekend for them since they are out of school the next day for President's Day.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
We don't do a big v-day either. A few decorations, flowers, a nice supper at home and a gift for each kid (I bought them sweaters).

beccaw

Retire Member
Jul 22, 2009
Well, our Valentine's tradition is a little, um, quirky. I make a traditional Turkey dinner. Ya, I know it's not Thanksgiving, but all the preparation and the wonderful smell of a Turkey cooking say love to me! :)

I'm also getting my husband a coffee mug, and may fill it with something yummy.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
This will be our first Valentine's Day together (and the first time for me celebrating with someone in a long time). Not sure what we will do...probably grill a nice dinner and I'm loving the chocolate covered strawberries idea! I think I will look for a special dessert to make too.

printersdevil

Retire Member
Sep 19, 2008
playingdishes.blogspot.com
I just looked at the link for the Cupid's Crunch. It sounds great and I will be making it for sure. I wonder if the Dollar Tree has metal valentine containers? I know that I have one that is pink and lavendar with heart on it from last year. I received it filled with bought cookies and kept the tin. I will fill this one for one of the girls, but need to find a few more.

Great idea. TFS

We have had a lot of rain during the past day and it is very cold. All around us in neighboring areas it turned to ice and sleet overnight and was a mess. Fortunately, it has remained right above freezing here, so I can get out to the shed and bring in my Valentine's decor this afternoon. I want to decorate tomorrow.

I have quite a bit of red decor---some of it is generic red---left over red twinkle lights and some things salvaged from July 4th. I also have a small red Christmas tree that I has fiber optic lights that I add hearts for a Val Tree. Lots of Val tinsel and decor things that I picked up in recent years in stores and swaps at Our Home for the HOlidays and the old board swaps.

Our anniversary is Feb. 10, so I have always loved Valentines Day. We usually stay home and have a nice dinner for our anniversary. I have been so busy all fall that i haven't spent any time on tablescapes and I am ready to reclaim my life. So, I will kick this off with decorating for Feb. and doing a few tables using a Val or romantic theme.

We also have Super Bowl that I need to get ready for, too.

IluvChristmas

Retire Member
Dec 28, 2008
We do Valentine's Day. Don't ever get tired of it. This year I used a white pre-lit 4ft tree( paid 5.00 for at Wal-mart's 75 % off Christmas sale) and used Valentine ribbon, some Cupid ornaments that Michael's sold, and heart ornaments that Wal-mart sold. Wow what a pretty tree it turned out to be :) So pretty to look at during the day and at night with the lights on the tree turned on. Sort of took the "blahs" out of winter. Plus I have a few other Valentine decor set out. We too had a sea food candle light dinner for the whole family. OF course Roses and Chocolate LOL! Red placed here and there seems to brighten things up in the winter. Then a couple of days after Valentine's I went to Homegoods and they had Valentine's marked down of course. I bought a beautiful Valentine tea pot and nice sized heart-shaped candy dish with lid on( to keep dog out lol). Looking forward to using these next year! :)