Week #1 Appetizers

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
So many good ones!!! I am opening thread for reviews....I'll add the poll at end of week.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Bean Dip

Using a pan tin (if you don't want to worry about dishes) fill it with a can of the bean dip (I use the Frito's brand and comes in a can kinda like tuna with a pop off lid. Here it is found with the chips)
Next layer use a can of the cheese dip (there is plain and some with jalapenos. I also use the Frito brand) If I am making two alot of times I buy a can of each cheese and mix those 2 cans together and divide and put on top of beans.
Last layer is a jar of salsa your choice.
Serve with scoops or whatever.

Can be made in less than 5 minutes and I never have left overs!
Nice to have on hand if you get unexpected visistors.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Something that is super easy and simple that people love are mini pigs in blankets. I don't even really know what to call them besides that.

Lil' Smokies
Can of biscuits (however many you think you'll need)

Just tear the biscuit dough in half and wrap around a little smokie. Bake according to biscuit package directions but watch them because it probably won't take as long.

I made these for a meeting and they were gone in minutes. You could also add a little piece of cheese inside if you wanted.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Chicken Quesadilla Stuffed Jalapenos

20 medium freah jalapenos
2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
1 cup shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 cup diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 400. Spray 2 baking sheets with nonstick spray.

Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise. Remove and discard seeds and membranes.

In a medium bowl, combine chicken, cheese, tomatoes, sour cream, cumin, shili powder, and salt. Spoon mixture evenly into jalapenos, then place on baking sheets. Bake for 20 minutes and serve immediately.

Can be stuffed ahead, cover and refrigerated until ready to cook.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I'm going to have to get some of these recipes off here while the thread is open. YUMMY!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
From the polls....it looks like a three way tie...I will put the three names in a hat and draw a winner tomorrow!!

Thanks everyone...and don't miss getting your breakfast recipe in. For week two anyone who posts a recipe will be entered in a drawing...that seems easier than the poll....lol.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
The winner is......GrammyK's Fresh Veggie Dip.....CONGRATULATIONS.....

Please PM me your name and address so I can get ready to mail a little gift to you.

Thanks everyone for participating,.....Don't forget to get your breakfast recipes in for the week two drawing.

I think doing a drawing is easier than the polls so for the rest of the weeks we will just do random drawings!!! Anyone who posts a recipe will be entered in the drawing!!