Weekend Decluttering Challenge

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Got my last session in! Whew!

Decided to work in my kitchen- check out my canned goods, pasta, etc. See what was expired and just general organization of those cupboards!

Saquilla- Nice to see you! Somtimes (like this weekend) I go by the timer. I'm like you- if I have a huge list or goals, I can get upset and discouraged if I don't have every item highlighted out. With the timer, I just get done what I can. Any amount done is improvement in my book! And the timer helps me stay focused too.

Go for it! We will root you on!

Tomorrow- Another day to declutter!

Annie

Last edited:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
EVERYTHING is out of the garage and in the driveway. It all slept there nicely. I was even hoping that maybe somebody would help themselves to it but no such luck still there and looking like it multiplied overnight!!!! We need rain very badly but was thankful none came. Chance on Monday I think. Our garage is pretty good size and it was packed. But between today and tom. it will be done.

Today will be piles for Goodwill, Jaymee, trash and us to organize.

Everybody is doing so good with their sessions. Good thread Annie!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I had been saving soda can to take in for some $. Never found a place that would pay something so we put 3 large trash bags of them out to the curb for the recycle day. Before the trash guys came a brand new cadillac slows down to look, backs up, parks and tosses them into her trunk. Guess that's how she could afford that car. lol

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Everyone seems to be doing great! after dinner I'm going into my bedroom closet and I need to get old stuff out of there... might be nice & still good but if I don't wear it, why keep it?

Ahorsesoul - lol! too funny about that brand-new Cadillac

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Good day all!

I stayed up quite late last night- 1:30 am! All that Decluttering/Organizing energized me I guess!

So, this moring I have been relaxing again but will start my sessions here soon!

Lana- Wow! The whole garage!! That's a big task! Way to go!
Ahorsesoul- Love that you saved the cans for recycling! That lady must have recycled a lot of cans to be able to buy that car! lol!

Lucie- I'm hoping to go through my closet clothes rack today- a lot of stuff packed in there!

Check in with you all later!

XOXO
Annie

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
My bedroom closet is done!! took me a few hours. went through my clothes, one bag of clothes is old and out-of-date will be given to the poor. Another bag will be sent to mom's for those in the family who need it. DH should go through his clothes but... not sure he will, he hates getting rid of stuff.
I took come notes on things that could be bettered in there... like the photo albums. I need to update the albums and find a better way to store them. Also have some stuff (hot cushions, dr'ho's neck thingy, etc...), would need to be put all in the same place. I'm taking notes and they will be done in fall.
Have some winter clothes to bring downstairs and some summer clothes to bring upstairs... later for now I'm taking a break.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I'm happy to say I have exceeded my 30 box goal. And, concluded I have WAY too much craft stuff. There is a nice big pile of garage sale stuff ready to go out next weekend, a good sized Goodwill pile and a nice pile of trash.

DH just fell down the stairs carrying a box. He is okay or at least says he is...I just want to get through this move!

I'm really impressed with what everyone is accomplishing. GREAT job!!!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Lucie and Kim- Awesome job, girls, just awesome!

I'm proud of everyone right now!

Annie

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Finished 3- 30 minute sessions.

I:

* Pulled all clothes off the closet top shelf- length of closet and reorganized. Put back by type (t-shirts, sweatshirts, sweaters, and by color- reds, pales).

* Finished organizing dressar drawers.

* Finished rest of pile from car trunk.

* Pulled everything out from under bathroom sink and went through and organized.

* Pulled everything out of 2 makeup bags- threw out old, rundown stuff, cleaned all makeup brushes. Threw away one makeup bag- old and rundown.

One more hour to go! Think I'll work on the linen closet.

Annie

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Wow ladies everyone is doing great. I have been doing laudry and general house stuff so no decluttering but I did get some stuff into the trash.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I shredded another bag of papers today.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
* Pulled everything out of 2 makeup bags- threw out old, rundown stuff, cleaned all makeup brushes. Threw away one makeup bag- old and rundown.

Great Minds think alike. I have my makeup bag sitting her on the desk for me to declutter and to update.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Diedra- I've been meaning to wash my makeup brushes for awhile now.

Glad that is done.

I still have two more sessions to do. Called my parents and talked with them for awhile then went to old neighbors to do watering. Spent a bit more time there than usual- deheaded and re-directed their large tomato plant through it's cone frame.

Then went to Dairy Queen for an ice cream cone. :)
Gotta love summer!

Annie

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm not making a good decluttering start today!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
dd is decluttering & putting back stuff in it's right place in the pantry :)

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I lost my mojo last night and didn't finish my other two sessions. Just ran out of steam- that's what I get for staying up until 1:30am the night before!

But- Have today as a *bonus* day (Thank you, 3 day weekend!)- so will do those two sessions and my goal for the weekend will be complete. May do another session or two (if I want).

My plan is to tackle and clean up the linen closet.

Annie

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
You ladies are doing so good! Go Go Team MHH

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DD decluttered and got rid of all school papers she is done with :)