Weekend Decluttering Challenge

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Did another session.

Tackled the linen closet. I was surprised that I found a lot of odd things in there: tennis balls? And a bunch of wrapping stuff!!! All that got pulled out.

One more session to go for my mission to be accomplished!

Annie

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Annie, You are on a roll.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
You ladies are rocking and rolling. Way to go Kim on getting 30 boxes packed.

Saturday I hit the guest bedroom. I cleaned off my desk and went through a box I forgot to unpack with all of my desk accessories.

Today I spent time clearing junk off my pc and laptop and updating software. My pc is running much better as it was really running slow.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I'm so impressed with how much was accomplished this weekend! Thank you Annie for starting this thread and inspiring us all! It was nice to check in here and see what others were doing...certainly kept me motivated! Maybe next time we should invite people to post before and after pictures if they want!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
After putting my bedroom in some order (at least enough for sleeping) I've decided I need to declutter some of the white ceramic things I have. A few are family pieces but most are things I picked up at the thrift store to fill in. But that was when I was in the other bedroom which has about a 20 feet shelf against two walls. This bedroom only has 10 feet so I am going to take stuff to the thrift store on Wed. I can't see why I should keep it. Beside it will cut down on dusting.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Just finished my last session- Woot! Woot!

Kim- I agree- it did help keep me going to come and check in here and see what others were up to.

I thought about Saquilla today too. Because- I secretly wanted to do two more *bonus* sessions today but all I got done was my sessions from yesterday. An important lesson to me- because I always, always plan too much! And then when I don't hit the mark, I get upset. Or, when it's taking up all my weekend, I get grouchy and resentful.

So, 5- 30 minute sessions per non- work day is perfect. Still, allows for time for other stuff- movie watching, reading, phone calls, MHH.

And, I could motivate myself by saying things like: "After you're done with this session, you can call your sister."

I'm also at the point where I need to buy some stuff. I despretly need a real filing cabinet- not tote boxes. But, I'm going on that trip in a couple of weekends and want my extra $$ for that. Thought today, I would ask my parents for the filing cabinet I want at Staples for my b-day coming up.

GREAT JOB to everyone that participated!!!! And, if you couldn't participate this weekend- let's continue on for this last week of May!!

Clap, clap, clap, clap!!

Annie