What are you putting in Ruddy Day tote?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
Don't forget as you put away Christmas stuff to pull out a few favorites to bring out each month to celebrate Rudy Day. Last year I did not have anything but this year I am planning on a tote filled with the following:

- Snoopy Christmas mug for me
- Snowman plate/bowl/cup set for DD
- Christmas music CD
- Christmas book (got books with 4 short Christmas Romance stories in each- I will put one in the tote to begin.
- Small stocking- Glitter the Elf is going to leave a treat each month for DD

What are you putting in yours?

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
This is a great thread and very timely as well pack stuff away.

Let me think on this and I'll be back.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
For 2007 I kept my 3 favorite CDs, a book of Christmas stories, a snowman mug, 4 pairs of Christmas socks, a stack of Christmas magazines and 12 packs of Christmas teas. I loved it when Rudy Day rolled around so I could use all of these things. This year, I am keeping all of my Christmas movies, books and CDs out!! DH thinks I have lost my mind!! I will keep my socks, mug and cocoa with them as well. I have a huge red wire basket to keep everything in and I can't wait for 2008!!

:snowman: Melanie

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
-My socks and my vest. I think I should find some more socks as last year's didn't make it for the entire year!
-Christmas mug(I'd love to get a new one!heehee)
-white hot chocolate
-hersey's candy cane kisses
-craft project for that specific month
-Christmas countdown notebook and tear files
-'princess' santa hat
-Chistmas pencils
- completed gift tags
-rudy day movie pick and books
-my mags and books

we inherited a china closet-I'd really like to paint it red and make it my Christmas cupboard! i might have to in order to hold all this stuff!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
A Christmas Cupboard!!!! I love the idea....I have an antique desk that some one ruined by painting it that country blue....I was gonna strip it....but maybe I should paint it RED and use it....for a little Christmas planning storage area......SUPER idea...thanks for getting me going on this!!!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I already use my christmas coffee mugs all year long. The only ones I like to use beside my school volunteer one.

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
So smart you ladies are!Making note of your ideas for when I begin I packing things away.

Some things I could add to my tote:

-I got a several packets on clearance yesterday of the holiday blend teas and coffees.
-I also found a Christmas pen/pencil and notepad set- would be great for making notes and lists.
-a little strand of lights for a mini tree- I could put them out around a houseplant each Rudolph Day!
- some holiday scented bath products- candy cane, eggnog and gingerbread

hmmm...what else/

I am definitely keeping out the following:

Christmas Relaxation CD
new mug with lid(fantabulous)
some hot cocoa
my Merry Christmas T-Shirt
Christmas socks
Gooseberrypatch and other recipe books I saved
my mini photo album book for Christmas receipts
etc....

holidayhelpelf

MHH Member
Oct 30, 2007
:bigsnow: Greetings everyone! And almost Happy New Year! This was a perfectly timed question...since it's my birthday tomorrow (29th) and I'm not allowed to do any chores around the house...after tea with friends at our favorite tearoom...I was planning to spend the rest of the day going through my Christmas notebook, printing new forms, seeing what worked this year and what needs to be changed...AND setting up my Rudy Day tote for 2008!! :smile: I had some ideas and I got others from reading all the posts here. My tote will include:

new holiday socks
my holiday mug
holiday teas and a small Santa teapot I got this year
Christmas CDs
the current Rudy Day book choice
a small string of battery operated lights (thanks pixiestick!!)
my Christmas notebook, pens, markers and tear sheets
a small stuffed snowman to set out wherever I'm set up that day

and I'll add to it as needed. :frosty:

I am so looking forward to another year of organized chaos and a relaxed December '08

Thank you to everyone for all your great ideas, hints, tips, suggestions and keeping us all together here. :applause:

rockin_granola

Retire Member
Dec 27, 2007
Go Colts!
www.rockingranola.com
Twinkle said:
Don't forget as you put away Christmas stuff to pull out a few favorites to bring out each month to celebrate Rudy Day.
:idea: Oh, this is a GREAT idea! (I'm SO excited to start doing Rudolph Days now that I've discovered you all ... can you tell? LOL)

I mentioned on another thread that I got some yummy peppermint bath gel and I'm going to make a Rudolph Day evening tradition out of a peppermint bath. And I'm totally copying the idea about a Christmas Cabinet - I actually have various red pieces of furniture (a small book shelf, desk, and dresser) that were my furniture in my bedroom growing up that are currently spread all over our house. I think I'll do a bit of re-arranging and make a little Christmas nook (we have a weird little pop-out in our master bedroom that I've never quiet known what to do with ... now I see it has been waiting to be the North Pole LOL)

But, I think I've been inspired by all of your great ideas to set aside some RD goodies:
- a few small framed pictures of the kids from Christmas's past (we take a new one every year) to put on my desk when I'm working on projects
- a few select holiday movies and books kept out for the kids (and a few that I love, too)
- small holiday scented candle
- the Susan Branch Christmas memories book that someone gave me as a gift for my oldests' first Christmas. I have filled in that year and nothing else :? ... but I think that will be one of my projects - to catch up in that journal!
- my holiday notebook is just a "baby" this year, but I can see what it wants to be when it grows up, so I'll keep that out to work on every RD day, too.

What an inspiring thread! :grin:

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Ooooh...rockin_granola...I'm so jealous about the Christmas nook! We had a similar nook/pop out thing in the master bedroom of our old house that I never knew what to do with and it sat empty the 7 years we were there...When we bought this house a year or so ago, I was glad it didn't have that space...now I want it back!

I'm going to really start celebrating Rudy Day this year. I've always followed it by doing something to get ready for Christmas, but never really "celebrated". So in my tote I think I'll include:

my Christmas cards for next year to begin addressing
Christmas cards from this year to continue our tradition of praying for the families we received cards from
the kids' and my Christmas mugs for hot cocoa
my Christmas Memories book to update
Christmas scrapbooking materials and photos to update scrapbooks and work on layouts
string of Christmas lights - LOVE this idea!
my Christmas/Winter notebook to update, organize, tweak as needed

I don't need to keep my CD's as all my Christmas music is on my computer and I can crank it up whenever I want - drives everyone else in the house crazy!!!

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Add me to the list of folks who are wanting to copy rockin_granola's North Pole idea! I'd love to see you post a picture after the transformation is made!

My Rudy Bag:
:rudolph: Christmas Notebook
:rudolph: Peppermint bath set (thanks for idea #2, rockin_granola!)
:rudolph: Several favorite Christmas CD's, including one my DS14 made for me as a gift -- it's a recording of HIM, playing guitar, bass, piano and percussion version of Deck the Halls. Wonderful!
:rudolph: This year's framed pic of my 3 DK's on Santa's lap
:rudolph: Book of Christmas short stories; "Christmas in my Heart"
:rudolph: Large basket full of Spirit of Christmas books
:rudolph: Christmas scrap book
Hmmm. . . I think I need a Christmas Cupboard, as well!

rockin_granola

Retire Member
Dec 27, 2007
Go Colts!
www.rockingranola.com
Holiday Joy said:
Add me to the list of folks who are wanting to copy rockin_granola's North Pole idea! I'd love to see you post a picture after the transformation is made!

Sure thing! As long as I don't have to post a "before" of the laundry pile and out of control yarn stash that currently lives in that pop out :D I'm thinking this may be one of my Jumpstart January projects - to rearrange so that I can set up my little North Pole. Which, by the way, I was all excitedly telling my husband about this morning over breakfast and he just looked at me like I've gone looney :haha: And, yup, jackfrosty, I totally think I need a sign!

As I was packing up a few Christmas things this morning I decided to keep out two small snowglobes, too, to add to my RD stash.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I'm either going to have to buy a small plastic tub to store in my closet or find a small box to put this stuff in. LOL

In my box will be:

* My Charlie Brown Trilogy set (Christmas gift this year) that includes Charlie Brown Christmas, It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown and the Thanksgiving one. So i'll have all covered in that one set.

* A small metal Christmas tree to set out on Ruddy days.

* Christmas notebook to work on every month.

* Christmas CD's.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
This will be the first year I’ll have a Rudolph tote. So far I know I’ll put in:

* Christmas mugs
* Christmas socks
* Dvds
* Christmas magazines-cookies, Paula Deen,
* Card making magazines
* My Christmas Notebook
* Christmas card supplies

I also just put in the fronts of the Christmas cards I received that I can make into gift tags. I plan on working on those on Rudolph days.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Wow, ya'll are really organized! I haven't even thought about my tote. I use a lidded picnic basket. I want to find some red and white gingham to line it with..that would be cute, huh?

I'll put in:
Candy apple hand lotion
Caramel apple hot cider mix
Christmas mug-but which one??
Snowman slipper socks-I wear them all winter, but I'll slip them in when it starts getting warmer weather. My kids say we live in an igloo, so they will be nice to have
candy canes-I have LOTS of these left over...but I love to use them all winter, especially for VDay
my new Christmas CD that I NEVER EVEN GOT TO LISTEN TO....

I'll keep thinking...