What are you putting in Ruddy Day tote?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

koalagirl

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Texas
I had not even thought about having some type of container to hold all of my Rudolph Day goodies! What a great idea! I think I am actually going to make mine a space in my storage closet (the one under our staircase). I already keep my Christmas wrapping stuff there--I think I am going to put a square "milk" crate to hold my Christmas cards--and my Christmas pens and stationery...oh! and my Christmas plans notebook...currently I am going through my "holiday" issues of my magazines like Southern Living, Family Fun, and Real Simple to clip any articles, photos, or recipes that I would like to try for next year.

:happynewyear:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Well, golly, I want to jump on this! Last year, I started and did Jan and Feb. .... then stopped ... :slap:

So, I want to do better this year and having a tote or box or bag or SOMETHING might help! I can put in my notebook and CD's and socks for sure right now. And I'm thinking about saving the little string of lights to decorate the table center piece as well. I like that idea. My family will probably look at me funny, as well! :grin:

:happynewyear:

syllymom

Retire Member
Dec 26, 2007
Missouri
:bigsnow: I am picking things out for my Ruddy Day box as I put things away today. Christmas mug, socks, CD, scrapbook supplies, cappuccino and hot chocolate mix, candy canes, candle... I'm sure there will be more.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Thanks for all the great ideas on this board!!!! You have made me realize that I have an empty and unused space for my Ruddy Day supplies!

I have a tiny table in the corner of my family room - where an end table would normally be. A small folding chair (with a cushion) slides under the table when not in use. A computer is on the table (great for visiting grandchildren - or any visitor, actually.) Behind the table is a tall bookcase. The bookcse shelves that are under the table top are invisible. And they are basically empty. These empty shelves are great - and handy - Ruddy Day storage places!

This way I can be in the family room while people are watching sports, talking, eating, etc. - and I can be part of everything - and still working on Ruddy Day activities. Actually, I can use this space every day!

The key was using very compact furniture from Ikea. (Which is also very very inexpensive furniture.) So, I will add the string of Christmas lights. And emergency tins of cocoa. And books, magazines, notebooks,
Code:
hristmas cards, etc. :happynewyear:

cleanupgirl

MHH Member
Dec 30, 2007
You know, I put my stuff away already, but we had bought a big thick book called "Kringle" last year that the DK's (14 & 15) had intended to read, but never did get to. I think each RD we will read a chapter or two. By the time the holidays roll around, we should be done with the book!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Tomorrow I am going to move things around to get set up for Rudy Day on Friday. (I hope it can be Rudy Weekend, since I have to do lots of other things on Friday.) :skate: I will also be celebrating Turkey Day tomorrow - by making and eating something delicious.

JulieC

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
NW WA USA
www.myspace.com
<< Don't forget as you put away Christmas stuff to pull out a few favorites to bring out each month to celebrate Rudy Day. >>

What a great idea! I will have to think on this. This will be my first time doing Rudy Days. I'm thinking... a Christmas mug for hot chocolate and perhaps a Christmas candle. :package:

snoweyelf

MHH Member
Feb 29, 2008
I am putting in my tote: red, green and white yarn and a crochet hook, and a christmas knitting project pattern that I find free on the internet. Two years ago I found it to be very handy to have this holiday yarn available when I had to sit waiting for the outcome of a heart surgery of a loved one two weeks before Christmas. I made little santa caps to hang on the christmas tree and put the little santa hats on the decorative stuffed chicken at my Mom's house. That night I also made snow flakes and brought them to the hospital to cheer up my father. I had so much nervous energy that I even crocheted a fingerless handwarmer. This year I picked up the yarn again and made a fabulous christmas scarf in red with white and green decorative stripes and lined with green. Any Santa's elf would want that scarf. :grin:

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
snoweyelf said:
I am putting in my tote: red, green and white yarn and a crochet hook, and a christmas knitting project pattern that I find free on the internet.

Wow, great idea! I have a set of knitting needles that look like candy cane sticks. They're so Christmasy! I was at the mall the other day and saw all of their Christmas handicrafter yarn is on for $1.49. Maybe I'll throw a few balls in there to work on some Christmas dishcloths on Rudolph Days.