What Are You Reading Right Now? 2020.

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Just started In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson about our ambassador to Berlin in the early 1930's and am also reading Upheaval by Jared Diamond on how nations handle crises.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I got through a lot of reading lately.

Rocket Fuel by Gino Wickman
Maisy Dobbs by J. Winspear
I Am Half Sick of Shadows by Alan Bradley
The Secret, Book and Scone Society by Ellery Adams
The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry by John M. Comer
A Room Full of Bones by Elly Griffiths
Reading People by Anne Bogel
Who Do You Think You Are? by Megan Smoleynak
Still Life by Louise Penny

HolidayMom - let me know about John Axe, I follow him a bit on FB

It was an interesting read. It gave reasons behind eating certain foods for gut health..

I thought the author gave fair insight in stories we may have learned as a child or heard along the way. There were other "Paul Reveres" who spread the news about the English approaching for battle. He shares some of them.

Out library system has closed down for the next two weeks because of the coronavirus. I'm hoping that the ebooks will still be available to us. :)

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
A local friend recommended "Last Light the restoration series" by Terri Blackstock. I've read over half this long book since yesterday. Check it out y'all though the circumstances aren't the same people actions are. This fiction book is so close to what's going on in our world right now, its eerie..

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Good Hope Road by Lisa Wingate ... and I've check out Last Light, so it's next in line.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Evermore by Sara Holland

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
A local friend recommended "Last Light the restoration series" by Terri Blackstock. I've read over half this long book since yesterday. Check it out y'all though the circumstances aren't the same people actions are. This fiction book is so close to what's going on in our world right now, its eerie..
Tricia, I’m on book two already. I was deep in reading yesterday. I went to fix dinner so when I turned on the water my first thought was “Wonder why my water works since everyone else’s is out”.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Our library has been closed for over two weeks and will be closed at least until April 30th. Thank goodness for . their ebooks. I do have to chuckle though. I put a number of books on hold back in January. I was told that I had about a 12-14 week wait on most of them. So we're talking April/May time frame. With everyone home, people are getting through them quicker than two weeks which is our loan period. I've gotten through all my holds from then.

Cosy
by Laura Weir
The Bullet Journal Method by Ruder Carroll
A Pursuit of Home by Kristi Ann Hunter
A Dying Fall by Elly Griffiths

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Our local library has also extended the checkout volume to 30 books. I don't really like that because it will extend the turnaround time, I think. The books I like to read usually have long wait lists. Nice if they turn over more quickly.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
The Secrets We Keep by Mia Hayes

It's book 1 in the Waterford Series.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I've got two on the go at the moment - Agatha Raisin and the Curious Curate by M. C. Beaton and The Accidental Empress by Allison Pataki, an e-Book from the library on my Kindle. Really miss my reading at lunchtime and on the bus ride home time. I don't seem to read as much at home, watching Netflix or You Tube is keeping me occupied in my down time.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarity