What books can you read over and over again?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
Now that is a trip I would love to take also. I have read all the Little House Books many many times too. I have loved them since I was in the 5th grade. I can certainly understand how someone would get the wrong impression of the Ingalls Family from the TV series! Laura and Almanzo settled in Mansfield, MO and lived there the rest of their lives. Their home and farm is open for tours and it is amazing. When she died in 1959 her daughter left it just as Laura had it. Their furniture is there, Laura's kitchen is just as she used it, her stove, everything! It is so amazing. As you can tell Laura is my personal hero and I loved that trip!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Snickerdoodle- Feel free to read the books with me and Miss Ashley.

We're going to spend some time this Saturday reading.

Annie

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
snickerdoodle- Great! I love them too!!!! Just love them! I never did get into the show much.

Annie

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
I thought the first couple of years of the series were pretty good. I started to part ways with them when they strayed from the books. Mary never got married. She did go to a School for the Blind but then lived with her parents. In the later years they had Pa getting very emotional every week and his eyes would fill with tears. Somehow I don't think that happened! I've often wondered how Laura Ingalls Wilder would view the series.