what Yankee Candle scents do you burn

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

itsanewme

MHH Member
Nov 18, 2007
watching Off Kilter
at different times of the year?

Just came from Bed & Bath where some of the YC candles were on discount.
Bought a few Christmasy scents, Harvest for the fall, Rose for valentines day, lilac for Easter

what scents do you burn at different times of the year?

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I liked the new Sparkling Cinnamon and Holiday Bayberry for Christmas this year. During the winter I tend to burn the baking type scents...Buttercream, Coconut Cookie Bar, French Vanilla. In the spring and summer months I lean toward the fruity scents...honeydew, watermelon, strawberry, sparkling lemon, etc. In the fall, I like the mandarin cranberry and frosted pumpkin.

Lisa :jumpinghearts:

SmilingSandra

Retire Member
Oct 12, 2007
Saskatoon, SK Canada
I love Yankee candles, but they aren't very easy to find around here. I've really enjoyed the autumn scents - Autumn Leaves and ??, I can't remember the other one! I have a few Christmas one's too [christmas cookie, white chocolate peppermint, cranberry mandarin] but haven't seemed to use them as much. For Christmas I received the Cider Donut scent and it is yummy although I believe it is discontinued.

Aha! I remembered the autumn scent! It was Autumn Festival. So nice! I also plan on buying a tart burner with some Christmas money I received. Then you don't have to worry about candles burning all the time =)

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
I burn different scents during fall/winter like olibanum, myrrh, apple/cinnamon, vanilla, lemongrass...
In spring/summer I don't use any scents as windows are open the whole day.

"heartstrings: "heartstrings: "heartstrings: "heartstrings:

Chilli

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
NONE. I don't have lite candles in my house because of the fire hazard. I love the smell of them at someone else's house!

goodpace

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Elizabeth City, NC
I like Macintosh year round.
For the Winter/Holiday time I used: Bayberry, Christmas wreath, Balsam and Cedar and my DH's favorite Mistletoe.
Fall is usually:Harvest or Spiced pumpkin.
I also like the Old Virginia Candle melts: Evergreen & Apple and the Mulled Cider -which I don't think they make anymore :(
They are available at most AC Moore's or online

:happynewyear:

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I'm a huge fan of vanilla - either straight up or mixed with something like caramel, etc. I burn these year round.

Last spring or summer I tried sparkling grapefruit for the first time and loved it. I'll definitely look for that one again. In the fall I like autumn leaves and cranberry chutney. Over the holidays and winter I like the baking scents also - again, anything vanilla, christmas cookie, buttercream, apple cinnamon, etc.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I really don't care for Yankee candles. So I don't burn any of them. I perfer the candles from A.C. Moore love the smell of them.

pattycakes

Retire Member
Nov 4, 2007
shutterbugsmd.blogspot.com
Love Yankee Candle!!! I really like the brown sugar one, but it's been discontinued. Anything vanilla! I just bought a bunch at the after-Christmas sale and got the peppermint one, Christmas cookies, Harvest and Frosted Pumpkin. I burn mostly foodie candles.

odd_duck71

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
the funny farm
The scents from Dark Candles are more my taste. They have mostly spicy, earthy, headshoppy type scents.

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
(hangs head sadly) We have allergy/asthma sufferers in this house, and I've learned that scented candles can cause these conditions to flare up, so we don't often burn scented candles.

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
This is a difficult one, there are so many.

I'm still burning my Autumn one at the moment, Autumn Woods and Autumn leaves which are great. I love most of the Christmans ones, Christmas Eve, Mistletoe, Cranberry Chutney, Home for the Holidays.

I also like Sparkling Lemon and Lavender Sage.

I'm planning on trying out some new ones for the spring.

:globe:

mommytotwo

Retire Member
Oct 12, 2007
I don't burn candles much anymore because of my little one. But, I do like the fruity, and baked scents.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
KimD said:
I really don't care for Yankee candles. So I don't burn any of them. I perfer the candles from A.C. Moore love the smell of them.

I also am not a YC fan either. I do love all kinds of candles tho.

crazymo

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
Little Falls, Mn
At Christmas I love Mistletoe and for spring I like Greenhouse and Country Linens, but I usually prefer McCalls candles. I love their scents and they seem to scent up a room better then Yankee. I've been burning their Chocolate and berries that I got for Valentines, but my very favorites are Country Store and Laura's Banana Bread.

Gidget

Premiere Member
Nov 24, 2007
Boston
Hi all,

I love Yankee Candle's "Baby Powder" scent -- reminds we of my wee one ...

Gidget -