what Yankee Candle scents do you burn

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

purplecrush

Premiere Member
I just went to Yankee Candle and I picked two new scents: Fudge Ripple (yes, it smell like a fudge bar/ice cream!!!) and I also got Rootbeer float (yes, I want to eat it!!!!) I also like black cherry, star fruit and orange and sun and sand!!

During the holidays I like to burn baking ones also.

snowqueen

Premiere Member
Nov 1, 2007
Vermont
I love the spiced cocoa and there's a gingerbread one that came out at the same time. I can only find them in the flagship store in Ma. when I go visit family in Ct. I stop there everytime on my way home and get a few of each. I can't remember exactly what the gingerbread one is.

hollybow

Retire Member
May 19, 2008
I have to admit I´m not a big fan of Yankee Candles either... :huh:

I´m into Bridgewater Candles... and a total addict of *trim the tree* when it comes to Christmas... in fall it´s *pumpkin pie* for me... (YUMMM) and the rest of the year it´s *Bridgewater* a very light flower scent.. I bought the huge candlejars of these scents...

but I have several votive candles also to add to my daily mood..*lilac* *cotton* *serenity* ...

for my oilburner I discovered the *NOEL* scent from Crabtree & Evelyn.. very addicting too..

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I like Yankee Candles alot, but I am also branching out into other brands, like the Beanpod candles and so on...

But my favorite Yankee Candle scent is Sugared Plums (now discontinued - although I have a jar left) and a close runner up in Peppermint Cocoa - yum!

I also like "Home for the Holidays", "Christmas Eve" and almost any of their pumpkin scents.

Right now I am burning a Beanpod candle in a Lemon Sherbert scent that is just right for summer. I also like their "Sugar Cookie" scent alot too!

snowqueen

Premiere Member
Nov 1, 2007
Vermont
I went to Yankee Candle in Ma. this weekend and both of the candles that I said I like are discontinued. They had some small jars of the gingerbread maple left and they were clearenced for 5.00. I bought 4 of them (all I could afford right now). they had a really big sale going on and a lot of stuff was marked down but I didn't see very many people buying. Those who did weren't buying much. They also had a lot of new fragrances but I didn't like any of them.

coffeenut

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 10, 2007
Spartan Country-mi
I was in our Yankee Candle store yesterday and they are starting to set up their fall scents. They have three of them out so far. One is a cinnamon sugar, mulling spices and There is a third that I can't remember. I love the Mulling spices. It smells like apple cider.
I was talking to the assistant manager and she told me they7 will be getting their Halloween scents out around the first of August. (SHe thought)

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Love candles! I prefer the 'spicy' scents - nothing too sweet. Cinnamon and Bayberry. I do prefer PartlyLite though ::eek:rnament:

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
HouseElf said:
Love candles! I prefer the 'spicy' scents - nothing too sweet. Cinnamon and Bayberry. I do prefer PartlyLite though ::eek:rnament:

I have not heard Partylite mentioned before on these boards and I absolutely love them. A friend of mine had a party coming up to 3 years ago now and ever since then I've been addicted. My favourite is Pineapple and Pomegranite ( although I thinks it's discontinued now) and the new one for the summer porch lemonade.

I have quite a few of their candle holders and there always seems to be something I want to get from the brochure. I've just bought a gorgeous red glass vase like T light holder and would like to get the amber one too!

For Christmas I love cinnamon and bayberry, I have 2 of the large hurricane jars in it and I love them so much I don't want to burn them. I always wait avidly for their Autumn/Halloween brochure and then the Christmas one. Just thinking about it makes me feel all Christmassy.

I do love Yankee Candles as well and watch avidly when they are on QVC, as in the UK they are quite expensive (£17.00 for the large jar which I think is about $30+) and on QVC they are roughly 3 for the price of 2.

:bigsnow:

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I always wait avidly for their Autumn/Halloween brochure and then the Christmas one

Me too! I order one set of votives in each new scent, and hopefully a few new pieces!! Plus with fingers crossed they carry my old 'favourites' still! :flower:

dreamto

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
I used to love Yankee until I tried Gold Canyon. They are wonderful. LOL I liked them so much that I am now one of their reps.

My absolute favorite is Lilac. reminds me of my Gramma.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
When we were driving, we stopped at a Cracker Barrel. (Great place to stop!) They had their display of Yankee Candles -- with Lavendar/Lemon. It was heavenly. I didn't buy it. I thought I would try to pay my electric bill instead. But I keep thinking about how heavenly it was. Sigh. Oh well - at least I know that that one would not be a mistake. (Is it even possible to make a mistake with Yankee Candles?)

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i like the hazelnut coffee .. i backed ordered from yankee candle store . i like the new one autumn gold and pumpkin spice.

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
My favorites always seem to get discontinued :( my favorite Yankee was Caramel Pecan and my favorite Party Lite was Creme Caramel, both of which i believe are now discontinued. I tend to prefer the sweet, or fruity scents. I don't care for heavy or spicy scents. Right now i have a Yankee Clean Cotton on my desk and i really like it. It's about the time of year i start lighting it alot. Too hot in the summer to burn them. I too love all candles, if it smells good or is pretty i'm ok with it, i'm not strictly brand loyal.

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
Yankee Candles are far and away my favorite ever (followed by Gold Canyon). For the fall, I burn Autumn Leaves and Spiced Pumpkin. For Christmas, I burn Sparkling Cinnamon and Sparkling Pine together throughout the house. The rest of the year, I like anything clean or floral or fruity, but not foody like cake or chocolate scents.

BamaMom

Retire Member
Sep 13, 2008
Anniston, AL
www.slumberpartiesbytif.com
I love candles period. I just like to smell them and pick out the ones I like. I always go to a Yankee Candle outlet every summer, and buy the bags of 8 votives, and 8 tealights for 5 bucks. I buy like 4 of them, 2 each. One year, I got summer scents, and winter scents, and one year I just got various. They are sampler packs and I usually only burn candles in the fall/winter, unless we have company. I love the smells, but I am not brand loyal!

Tiffani :hat:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
BamaMama -- I am so jealous!!!! A Yankee Candle outlet - I've never heard of one! What terrific buys you got!!! Good for you!!