Who is all doing the HGP?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I am trying it as well. Had to swop porch for living room this week (new school next door is being landscaped so there is dust everywhere - really no point in washing my windows for another couple of weeks until that is finished).

I got more done in the house that i had hoped this week, but not so much on my Christmas prep as scheduled. (But I am doing ok on that anyway as I have a lot of presents already bought or being made - but I DO need to get my cards list organised).

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Kim Loves Snow said:
Here's a general question: If you don't finish a piece of your previous week's list, do you carry it over to the next week's to do list?

If I don't finish I try to get it in during one of the weeks that I have free like garage or attic week. Sometimes if I've done my list of chores for a current week, if I have any energy left, I may try to finish the previous weeks undone tasks.

I am trying my best with the HGP!! I don't have a front porch. I have a front walkway which was cleaned BUT it still has a box of sticks leftover from Tropical Storm Fay. I will get rid of them soon..I promise. I was originally waiting to see Ike's path but since it will not be hitting Florida I should be good to go to get rid of the sticks!!

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
To answer Kim loves Snow's question, if I don't get some HOUSEWORK finished in the week it's planned, I will try to let that slide and get to it if time allows on another week, but not panic if I don't do it at all.

If it's some HOLIDAY prep that doesn't get done, depending on how vital it is, either I ditch it for when I do have time, if at all (like making table centrepieces or making a spare batch of cookie dough for the freezer), or the more vital things, I make extra time for it the next week (like ordering the turkey or checking arrangements like the Santa Train).

This week for example, I need to order the sew on labels for my handknits as they will take time to be delivered (and would add such a nice finishing touch). And I want to get all my photos developed as there will be lots of visitors wanting to look at the album over the holidays (and there are no photos in it from the last 18 months :( ). But I am ignoring the filing of magazines for lazy evenings in front of the tv (and if that's next March, so be it) and I didn't make a batch of cookie dough for the freezer as I was making cookies for DD's creche twice already in the past week and I need to do another batch tomorrow (lots of people leaving at the minute).