Crafters Challenge August 5th-11th

Discussion in 'Crafters Challenges' started by Lana, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

Wow! We had some excellent projects shared with us last week---THANK YOU for showing us pictures!

When doing dishes yesterday Allen had the Antique Roadshow on and a lady had a quilt her great great great aunt made in 1887. A crazy quilt with TONS of embroidering on it. It looked in perfect shape!

What are your plans this week?

HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Finished the first chemo cap yesterday. I will try to go see knitting lady on monday to do the heels of the socks, once again

Lana likes this.
  3. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Member

I finished my quilt top yesterday. It fits my queen size bed with ample overhang. I had a few issues with getting some of the points to match up but I'm still pretty happy with it. I need to cut my binding yet and decide on my quilting pattern.
    Thinking about doing another quilt. I still have stuff mom saved and a stack of cotton sheets that I could make useful instead of stored in totes under the beds. And did I mention I have a stack of my baby blankets too?? Lol! Have to figure out what to do with them too! Tired of moving them around. ( the obvious would be just pitch them, I don't know why I can't do that)
    IMG_5545.jpg

Lana and luludou like this.
  4. DahliaDoll

DahliaDoll Well-Known Member

Myron's Mom ~ What a wonderful quilt for your bed!

Family is visiting and we're headed to the lake today. I'll take some knitting, but that's about all.

5. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Lucie, WTG on the hat!

Myrons Mom that is a very pretty quilt! I have several old sheets that I keep saving for something.....

DD, enjoy the family! Which daughter is in?

6. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

Did some work on my 3 snowmen felt ornaments during layovers on my trip to CO last weekend. One ornament is done except for adding ribbon hanger and the rest are nearly done!

Friend asked me to make a special birthday card for her husband so I have to finish that tonight!

Today is my birthday btw! Hopefully I can celebrate with some extra crafting after I finish that card!

It's time to focus on finishing felt food toys for my friends little girl - her birthday is Sept 6th so the clock is ticking!!! I have some loaves of French bread to do and little broccoli florets - the stems made of felt and then topped off with mini green yarn pom poms :) Too fun!

Lana likes this.
  7. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

AJ, Happy Birthday to you! Glad to see you back posting too! Hope you get that crafting time in.

8. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday AJ!

Will be going to knitting lady this afternoon

9. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Happy birthday AJ, hope that you have a wonderful day full of love and crafting.

10. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Birthday Blessings, AJ :)

11. Rose94

Rose94 Member

Belated happy birthday AJ.

Finally got the Pom-Pom made for the doll hat last night along with the tails sewn in on the set.
    This week is more knitting and sewing.

luludou and Lana like this.
  12. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

Thank you, guys!!! :)

I did finish the birthday card last night and she was thrilled with it this morning! Hoping to do some more work on felt snowmen ornaments during DS's karate class this evening!

luludou likes this.
  13. sweetpumkinpye

Will start some CCS mitten decorations this week. Need good light so this will be a daytime job for me.

14. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Belated happy but R that wishes, AJ.

AuntJamelle likes this.
  15. Doodlebug

Doodlebug Active Member

Happy Late Birthday AJ

AuntJamelle likes this.
  16. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Member

I'm so glad someone else has saved old sheets! You did my heart good:)
    Happy belated birthday AJ

AuntJamelle likes this.
  17. Rose94

Rose94 Member

Myron’s Mom beautiful quilt.

Been knitting away but no sewing is getting done

AuntJamelle likes this.
  18. sweetpumkinpye

Have started the CCS mittens. I think I will gift them to DD for her first out of home tree. Not sure.

19. DahliaDoll

DahliaDoll Well-Known Member

Greetings!

All I've done this week in the crafting realm is a bit of knitting. Lana, both of my DDs are here with their spouces and my three DGDs. The little ones are both about 2 1/2. One can be quite fussy when she doesn't get her way, and I'll be baby sitting her today while DD and her DH make a trip to Portland. It will be interesting. I have permission to sit her in front of the TV if necessary.

20. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

When I finish the one I started last night, I will have crocheted 40 snowflakes. It's probably time to sew in the ends, and then I need to decide how I want to stiffen them. The directions say to use glue and pin them to the lid of a pizza box - but glue isn't something I have ever used, and I don't have a pizza box. Any suggestions?

I'm going to pick up a project that has been unfinished for the past...um...20 years. Wow, those years went by fast!

luludou likes this.