Halloween movies

Discussion in 'Halloween Countdown' started by JeniferDwn, Oct 13, 2013.

1. JeniferDwn

JeniferDwn Member

Can we start a list of Halloween movies? I hope I didn't overlook one that is already on here, but I didn't see one. Maybe when you list the movie could you also put if its more for kids, teens, teens or adults? And if you aren't sure maybe others could help determine the age. I'd like to find some new ones for my family.
    I'll start us off with a few

Its the great pumpkin, Charlie Brown. --kids
    Nightmare Before Christmas. --kids
    Halloweentown. --kids/tweens
    Return to Hallowentown --kids/tweens
    Hocus pocus
    Frankenpooh --kids

2. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Monster Squad- My kids have watched it but it may be too scary in some parts for some kids. It's one of my all time favorites though.
    Poltergeist (there's several of these)- Again, my kids have watched them and did okay but may be too scary for younger ones. I used to watch them every year when I was little.

3. Little Elf

Little Elf New Member

For little kids:
    Miss Spider's Sunny Patch friends _ bug a boo day play
    Winnie the Pooh - Frankenpoo and Spookable Pooh
    The Berenstain Bears Trick or Treat
    Spooky the square pumpkin

For kids a little older:
    Corpse bride
    Halloween tree (I can only find this on VHS tape)
    Casper
    Casper meets Wendy
    The Witches
    Frankenweenie
    Paranorman
    The Adventures of Icabod and Mr. Toad

Teens:
    Ghostbusters
    Monster House
    Beetlejuice

Adults:
    Sleepy Hollow
    The Craft
    Practical Magic

*These are just what I can think off the top of my head...I'm sure there are lots more. :)

4. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

I like Halloween Michael myers adults

5. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

My son LOVES these movies!! He has asked for the complete collection for Christmas.

I bought Scared Shrekless for myself - can't wait to watch it.

housewife2 likes this.
  6. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

don't forget the Harry Potter series, the Twilight series & Carrie!

7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

The new Carrie comes out this Friday! I would love to go watch it in the theater, it looks really scary.

8. HouseElf

HouseElf Well-Known Member

9. JeniferDwn

JeniferDwn Member

I don't usually watch scary movies but decided I wanted too this year. I watched the Poltergeist and was so disappointed. It was not at all scary to me. I wish I could make some of those skeletons look like they are coming up out of my hard for Halloween!! Guess I'll have to try some thing different. I don't like gruesome scary. Just scary. Disney had all if the Halloweentown movies on today.

10. HouseElf

My son is starting an interest in scary movies, he enjoyed
    The Woman in Black,
    The Innocents,
    and The Others. (Ghost theme movies.)

He still likes:
    Tower of Terror
    Haunted Mansion
    Bugs Bunny Howl-oween Special

Also:
    Hotel Transylvania
    Monster Squad
    Super 8

11. HouseElf

Forgot to mention any of the Alfred Hitch**** (my preference), Goosebumps, Tales from the Crypt, and the classic Universal studio monster movies! :dracula:

12. JeniferDwn

JeniferDwn Member

my daughter watched the Poltergeist and thought it was silly (an 11 yr olds point of view.) I've never let my kids watch scary stuff, but they've been showing an interest in it but several family members LOVE them and my daughter LOVED the haunted house she went to , so I said they could try it. My 6 yr old who is very scary walked in on a Chucky movie and laughed at it. I turned the volume down where he couldn't hear the language cause he's the one to repeat it!!!! but he wasn't scared at all, so maybe they aren't scary after all. I also found The Dog Who SAved Halloween, so we'll have a fun night this weekend and watch that together.

13. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

oh my Chucky ! that one scared me .... maybe I should rewatch it to see if it still scares me as much. Just seeing the doll makes the hairs rise on my arms.

14. happy2bme

DS is 17 years old and completely freaks out when we even mention Chucky's name!!

15. JeniferDwn

JeniferDwn Member

any new Halloween movies coming out this year?

16. MinnieCo

MinnieCo Well-Known Member

On a funny chucky note. They had those dolls that kinda looked like chucky back in the early 90's. I think they were called my buddy or something like that, well one friend duct taped a butcher knife to that dolls hand one night and hid it in the living room of another friend. Well when she came home from working swing shift one night, she walked in and seen that doll and FREAKED. It's still one of those things we talk and laugh about 20 years later. Priceless!

17. happy2bme

I love it!!!

We were eating dinner the other night and we were talking about scary movies. DD started talking about Chucky and DS got up and walked out of the room.

He is now 18 years old!!

18. JeniferDwn

JeniferDwn Member

someone that works at our local Petsmart has a Chucky doll in their car window and every time we go by there ds7 has to ride through the parking lot and look for it. he loves it!!! I have strange kids! LOL

19. angelpugs

angelpugs Active Member

My favorite's are Halloweentown and Halloweentown 2 and Hocus Pocus.:pumpkin::halloweenballoons:

20. My favs are Hocus Pocus,Halloweentown,The Halloween Tree...:pumpkin: