What Are You Reading Right Now?

Discussion in 'The Book Nook' started by CanadianJingles, Jan 4, 2010.

Tags:
  1. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

The Mitford series sounds like something that I might enjoy. Who is the author please?

2. Doodlebug

Doodlebug Active Member

Katrina, the Mitford Series is written by Jan Karon. It is a wonderful series.

3. sweetpumkinpye

Debbie, Thank you, I will see if I can track some down at the library.
    I am reading The Lopsided Christmas Cake by Wanda Brunstetter. I am not enjoying it at all. It seems to me to be almost aimed at a teenage audience. I am not sure that I will see it through.

4. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Just finished Youth in Chains by Thomas Geve about an adolescent in the Auschwitz camp.

5. sweetpumkinpye

Have just finished "While watching Downton Abbey" by Wendy Wax. Very enjoyable book sent to me by a dear friend.

Need to start organising my to read list for the long Summer days.

6. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Active Member

I just reread Sidetracked Home Executives again. Debating if I am going to do the system. I will think on it this week.

7. Doodlebug

Doodlebug Active Member

I am reading The Boy in the Black Suit

8. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Finished Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod. A good book with things to do in the morning to be productive. I'm already doing lots of those things but I don't think it can be completely applied to me. I'll just keep notes of the few things new I learned. I did join the Miracle Morning Community on FB... just to read the comments and see if it'll lead anywhere

9. halimer

halimer Active Member

I'm reading Passage by Connie Willis who wrote the other books I recommended.

I'm also trying to catch up on some magazines.

10. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

all travel books on new york city make sure i dont miss anything

11. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

all new york city travel books. make sure i dont miss anything

12. DahliaDoll

DahliaDoll Member

• I'm not doing the system any more but it was very helpful when I had kids at home. I should do it again. If you want, I can PM you an idea I used that I really liked.

Currently reading The Secret Place by Tana French after finishing Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng and The Silent Wife by A. S. A. Harrison...and while waiting for a library copy of A Column of Fire by Ken Follett, a sequel to Pillars of the Earth and World Without End. I'm #68 on 21 copies at one library, and #125 on 55 copies at the other library. A little better odds on the second one.

13. HouseElf

HouseElf Well-Known Member

Almost finished The Alienist by Caleb Carr

14. sweetpumkinpye

I have just picked up "See Me" by Nicholas Sparks. Will take it on holidays with me.